The strange newly found GSP hate on Sherdog

Georges "Forever Bachelor" Pierre's legacy is as sus as it gets

GSP owned favorites for years of course he gets a lot of hate. It is going to get worse if he comes back and starts beating the top guys.

GSP says 'yes' to every fight thrown at him in interviews and shit. And people get excited. Meanwhile GSP does nothing to pursue said fights--like calling up Dana, who would be fucking overjoyed with so many of his darlings presently in the dirt, and getting the thing on paper. Kind of an obvious step for an ex-fighter to forget about, no?

Then there's the fact that GSP railed about testing while he was active, despite being fairly suspect in a lot of people's minds. This invites speculation about GSP's fear of USADA.

Hate has very little to do with it. It's a "fool me once..." situation. Maybe interviewers and GSP's willingness to please are to blame, I dunno. But I ain't got time for the GSP merry-go-round to nowhere.

he also told viewers "don't blink" then proceed to give everyone glaucoma after 25 mins of 50-45

Dude he straight up dominated. Dont be salty because he was the best

Dude, he straight up decisionated. Decisions happen and that's not a big deal, but for 5 years not being able to finish anybody, it gets a bit bizarre. GSP was a super exciting fighter when he was younger and I was thrilled when he won the title... figured we'd be in for a dominant champion who would annihilate his opponents. Instead, we ended up with a guy who got a takedown, did minimal GnP, waited for the bell, and rinsed and repeated for 5 years.
The guy deserves the hate he gets... yeah, he won the fights, but he certainly wasn't looking like the best fighter in the game.

GSP, like all great fighters, has received some hate but unless I'm really out of the loop, the first things you talked about, never heard anyone criticize him just for that.
At the time fans were happy that GSP said his mind about PEDs.
"finally, a high-profile fighter addressing the elephant in the room! #cleanMMA".

There was a whole post with like 20 pages a few weeks back regarding GSP being the champion of clean fighting. The people who defended him in a nut shell said he was a clean fighter and that him being self tested for the Hendricks fight was proof of it.

I tried arguing the point that he was never tested all year around and being tested 4-5 months a head of one fight does not mean he was clean.

The fact is he was clean during pre wada, but so was Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar..etc etc.

Then Anderson got busted, so all of sudden a big section of the forum changed their opinion about PEDs
=> "meh who care everyone is using anyway, AS is still the GOAT"

On that same note; people were saying GSP was goat because he never failed a test. But once more, he isn't actively fighting under the new drug policies.

And the second point, indeed GSP, a WW, is getting some hate for calling out the champion of the MW division, but GSP is so good that even with the size difference and the 3 years of ring rust, some morons call Georges a coward for mentioning this fight.
Imagine a MW so dominant than even after a 3 years break he asks for the LWH champion as a come back fight.
People would be all over it, "the balls on this guy, wow"

But St-Pierre is one of the exceptions I guess.

People are giving him flank because he gave us a million reasons why he didn't want to move up and face Anderson Silva and that's fine with me. But it's just odd he calls out a MW champion now and not in his prime. GSP vs Silva would have been huge.

People also frown upon it because many of us feel like Bisping is arguably one of the weakest belt holders in a while. Is it commendable to come back after and long lay off to fight the MW champion? Sure is. Does it seem questionable to want to fight the MW champion now and not years ago when it could have been the biggest super fight ever? It sure does.

Same for the current WW champ, some haters were furious than Lawler never got called out by GSP, now he is open to a fight with the guy who just smoked Robbie under 2 min, and predictably...
=> "wow GSP is a coward for not calling out the guy who just got KO'd and calling out the dude who did tje deed"

It's not GSP's fault that Lawler was not a contender while he was the champion; bad timing.

Because he didn't seem interested in the 170lb belt. In April of this year, GSP was quoted as saying " He wanted to fight 'biggest name' rather than for 'material' title". Then he calls out Micheal Bisping. Now that Lawler lost, he's calling out the next champion. Very, very questionable for some of us...

Dude, he straight up decisionated. Decisions happen and that's not a big deal, but for 5 years not being able to finish anybody, it gets a bit bizarre. GSP was a super exciting fighter when he was younger and I was thrilled when he won the title... figured we'd be in for a dominant champion who would annihilate his opponents. Instead, we ended up with a guy who got a takedown, did minimal GnP, waited for the bell, and rinsed and repeated for 5 years.
The guy deserves the hate he gets... yeah, he won the fights, but he certainly wasn't looking like the best fighter in the game.

Well we just gotta disagree then

You don't know what you're talking about, even fighters who were talking shit like Hardy, calling GSP "an athlete" not a fighter admits he was full of shit. You guys are still hanging onto those stupid words and trash talk because you find GSP boring. Which is fine. Hardy has admitted he couldn't do a thing in that fight, because GSP is so good. He was playing defense for the entire fight and never found a second of offense, because GSP is so good. He is not Anderson Silva. He will not sit and wait for opportunities. He hunts them.

The fact is GSP is more active and more aggressive than every single opponent he's faced. His opponents shell up. They play defense for 25 mins. The fights themselves are obvious or go listen to Dan Hardy, a very solid analyst, tell you himself. Hardy, Kos, Diaz, Serra, fought for the safety of the decision. They fought for the decision, not GSP.

Anyone who tried to out work GSP, got hurt in an exciting fight, like Condit or Fitch.

What I dont like is him talking crap about PED use so heavily while he is not fighting.

Either comeback and then talk or stfu.

Let's see how a USADA tested GSP does every fight. Isn't this what he wanted? So what's taking so long for him to return.

Either comeback and then talk or stfu.

So what's taking so long for him to return.

Suggests comeback or stfu, then inquires for more information on his decision making process.

Suggests comeback or stfu, then inquires for more information on his decision making process.

Its a rhetorical question dummy.

If he wants to comeback ... there would be no need to ask why its taking this long.

All the greats get a ton of hate... Plus jon and silva just popped and are out of GOAT contention so you have a massive crowed of butt hurt fans trying to discredit the guys who are legit cause they cant bring up their heroes in GOAT arguments otherwise.

All the greats get a ton of hate... Plus jon and silva just popped and are out of GOAT contention so you have a massive crowed of butt hurt fans trying to discredit the guys who are legit cause they cant bring up their heroes in GOAT arguments otherwise.

Two of those guys fought under the new drug policies, all year around. Take a wild guess who hasn't fought under the new policies.

If he wants to comeback ... there would be no need to ask why its taking this long.

Naw, I don't think I know everything, or how contracts work in the UFC.

GSP has talked about the roadblocks to re-signing, and the attempts to renegotiate around it.

It's not as simple as, GSP wants a fight, GSP gets a fight.

It heated up recently because of Jones recent positive test eliminating him from GOAT contention. The same thing happened after Anderson's positive test. Since their favorites fucked up and Fedor is ruining his legacy all on his own their fans feel the need to shit on GSP to make themselves feel better

Naw, I don't think I know everything, or how contracts work in the UFC.

GSP has talked about the roadblocks to re-signing, and the attempts to renegotiate around it.

It's not as simple as, GSP wants a fight, GSP gets a fight.

Brock wanted a fight ... he got a fight and a ton of money and even bypassed some USADA rules.

They could do the same for the second best selling UFC fighter of all time I am sure.

Stop making excuses.

Nobody has ever liked GSP lol

Brock wanted a fight ... he got a fight and a ton of money and even bypassed some USADA rules.

They could do the same for the second best selling UFC fighter of all time I am sure.

Stop making excuses.

You're right, somebody had a fight sometime, so GSP should be in the cage next week. Great logic and void of any detail related to GSP and UFC's issues. They simply must not exist because Brock got a fight.

I'm not going to play stupid, but feel free too. This place is full of it.

Here's the "NEW" reason for GSP hate (which incidentally has converted some nuthuggers to haters).

Dodges Anderson Silva for years and then suddenly wants to come out of retirement to fight Michael Bisping after the stars align and he ends up wearing the MW strap.

Dodges Hendricks and Lawler while they are on top of WW and then suddenly expresses an interest in returning to the division now that Robbie is dethroned.

Yeah... That's enough to even make a mama scold her own son from the witness stand.

Throw the book at GSP and his opportunistic ways. That is about as un-warrior like as I've ever seen from a high profile MMA icon.

Back