The strange newly found GSP hate on Sherdog

idiot fans and UFC employees. he's not back yet because the shitty Reebok deal is going to shaft him out of double digit millions, he's trying to create fan excitement to leverage UFC to the table so he can return, UFC gets people to shit on him online and idiots are happy to join in.

He's not coming back because he's not a real fighter. He had the chance to tie Anderson's title defense record but he ran. He had a chance to redeem himself after that garbage decision against Hendricks but he ran. Strict drug testing has been implemented yet he still ran.

It's not new, it's been going on since he beat Hughes, then BJ. His haters are mostly butt-hurt Hughes and BJ fans.

I'm a fan of all 3. Don't tell anyone cause I might get kicked off the island, but GSP was my favorite for some time over Penn. Then GSP got boring and just laid on guys. I started turning on my favorite fighter which I have never done before. Some years later he was getting shit for it, and during the time of the buildup to Diaz GSP recognized that and addressed it to the media. I though "Good. GSP is gonna start 'fighting' again.". I thought no way in hell would he lay on top of Diaz, but that's what he did. Never really cared about him since and don't care if he comes back.

He's not coming back because he's not a real fighter. He had the chance to tie Anderson's title defense record but he ran. He had a chance to redeem himself after that garbage decision against Hendricks but he ran. Strict drug testing has been implemented yet he still ran.

He's definitely not a real fighter - the definition of a real fighter is someone who gets into the cage for a fight, and we all know there's no way he'd ever have done that. Obviously it was just a stunt double.

I am by far one of the goats biggest fans ... to the point I drove 600km to Montreal to see him fight.

It really pisses me off that he keeps saying he wants to come back and never does.

I get all excited and nothing happens

Wtf George make it happen already or gtfo and stop playing with us

He's definitely not a real fighter - the definition of a real fighter is someone who gets into the cage for a fight, and we all know there's no way he'd ever have done that. Obviously it was just a stunt double.
He was more like just an athlete in a combat sport rather than an actual fighter. His performances were boring and safe and he refuses to come back to fighting even after "winning" a bogus decision. Not a real fighter.

He was more like just an athlete in a combat sport rather than an actual fighter. His performances were boring and safe and he refuses to come back to fighting even after "winning" a bogus decision. Not a real fighter.

Did he get into the cage and fight? If so, that makes him a fighter, just as anyone who gets on the ice and plays hockey (in say the NHL) is by definition a hockey player. You can say you found him a boring fighter, but its simply counter factual to say he didn't fight.

In fact, you say "come back to fighting" yourself, which suggests at one point he was fighting, which means by definition he was a fighter.

Examples of not real fighters: Sylvestor Stalone (good actor in fighting movies, didn't fight), Robert De Niro (better actor), all the people on Sherdog who claim to have fought but never have. Examples of real fighters: anyone who has actually fought.

He definitely fought safe. That makes him pretty much like what every drill will tell every boot is a model warrior: you aim at carrying out your orders and completing the mission. You do not take unnecessary risks as a warrior just to make things more interesting. Can that be boring? Definitely. Is that bad for sport? Sure, its why sports play around with rules, trying to give offense advantage over defense. But is it smart? Absolutely, and that's what being a warrior (real life) and a fighter is all about: you aim to win, and without taking unnecessary risks. You know those movies where soldiers are sent out to take huge gambles, possibly leading to massive losses? They're just movies, real warriors are taught to follow the plan, and can even be court martialed for deviating too much from them.

In terms of entertainment, his value is measured by his PPV numbers, which were pretty good, though not the best (in his day Lesnar was the best). Which means that many found him boring, but enough found him interesting to make a good profit for the UFC, so they were happy to keep him around. Boring is subjective. Its like saying say classical music is boring; some will agree and never listen to it, others will disagree and will listen to classical music. There's nothing objective about boring or entertaining, everyone decides that for themselves, and the best way to get a measure of how many people find something interesting is to see how many are willing to spend money on it. Only elementary school kids think everyone has to like the same kind of music, or the same books, or the same fighters. Adults know its subjective.

As for not coming back, I'd have thought you would say that's good; why would you want to see someone you think is boring come back? If there's a band whose music you didn't like, would you care if they stopped touring and producing records? Its actually pretty odd you criticize him for that - I'd have thought you'd be applauding his retirement (one less boring fighter for you in the UFC has to be a good thing).

Last edited:
Did he get into the cage and fight? If so, that makes him a fighter, just as anyone who gets on the ice and plays hockey (in say the NHL) is by definition a hockey player. You can say you found him a boring fighter, but its simply counter factual to say he didn't fight.

In fact, you say "come back to fighting" yourself, which suggests at one point he was fighting, which means by definition he was a fighter.

Examples of not real fighters: Sylvestor Stalone (good actor in fighting movies, didn't fight), Robert De Niro (better actor), all the people on Sherdog who claim to have fought but never have. Examples of real fighters: anyone who has actually fought.

He definitely fought safe. That makes him pretty much like what every drill will tell every boot is a model warrior: you aim at carrying out your orders and completing the mission. You do not take unnecessary risks as a warrior just to make things more interesting. Can that be boring? Definitely. Is that bad for sport? Sure, its why sports play around with rules, trying to give offense advantage over defense. But is it smart? Absolutely, and that's what being a warrior (real life) and a fighter is all about: you aim to win, and without taking unnecessary risks.

In terms of entertainment, his value is measured by his PPV numbers, which were pretty good, though not the best (in his day Lesnar was the best). Which means that many found him boring, but enough found him interesting to make a good profit for the UFC, so they were happy to keep him around. Boring is subjective. Its like saying say classical music is boring; some will agree and never listen to it, others will disagree and will listen to classical music. There's nothing objective about boring or entertaining, everyone decides that for themselves, and the best way to get a measure of how many people find something interesting is to see how many are willing to spend money on it. GSP sold enough PPV's that some people obviously found them entertaining.

And everytime he stepped into the cage he, like every other guy who's ever got into the cage, was a real fighter. That's what the word fighter means: someone who fights.

As for not coming back, I'd have thought you would say that's good; why would you want to see someone you think is boring come back? If there's a band whose music you didn't like, would you care if they stopped touring and producing records?
He exhibits nearly none of the things a fighter should

- takes no risk
- fights to coast on points
- refuses to fight again
- can't finish
- willing to go to LW instead of MW
- lies to divert from the fact that he's running away from the sport

He owes the sport his dues. He's running scared and it's pretty sad. Honestly, MMA has been much better with him gone but like I said he owes his dues. Stealing money from fans, lying to his fans, running after a robbery decision, etc.

I think its because of his annoying fans saying he's the GOAT.

I like GSP, used to be a fan (not so much towards the end, because of his cautiousness and the way he left, many felt he lost the fight and escaped instead of giving hendricks a rematch)

he is one of the 3 potential Goats, him anderson and fedor are in the discussion, but his brainwashed fans endlessely put the 2 others down because they think it makes him look better.

I think the order is Fedor n°1 then anderson then GSP, but I don't need to undermine GSP's accomplishements because of that, and I aknowledge he has points in his favour too.

There are fans of every single GOAT candidate who dismiss the accomplishments of the others.

I'm confident GSP fans are the least guilty of this.

Also, I sincerely doubt Hendricks had anything to do with GSP stepping away from the sport, he had been talking about it for a year, but people like to give Hendricks credit for it.

- takes no risk
- refuses to fight again
- can't finish

He owes the sport his dues. He's running scared and it's pretty sad. Honestly, MMA has been much better with him gone but like I said he owes his dues. Stealing money from fans, lying to his fans, running after a robbery decision, etc.

Man, you are simply the worst. You're like cancer of the soul.

Have you ever posted something positive?

- takes no risk
- refuses to fight again
- can't finish

There is only one thing a fighter has to show: willingness to get into the cage and fight.

Everything you list is an element of whether a fighter is entertaining for you or not. There are fighters that you'll find interesting, and those you'll find boring, but if they get into the cage he's a fighter. That's what the word means.

Paying your dues means helping the sport. If you believe MMA is much better with him gone, then the best thing he can do for it is to remain away - by your argument he's helping the sport, paying his dues, by keeping away. Again, you should be pleased by that.

What money did he steal from fans? People paying for his PPV's seemed fairly content to do so, given they did it for several years.

The decision with Hendricks was close, I gave it to Hendricks 48-47, but it was no robbery, it hinged on a very close 1st round, the other four rounds were pretty clear. But even if it were a robbery, why in the world would anyone want to see to an unmotivated fighter come back. If he wanted to steal from fans it'd be simple: sign up for a fight with Hendricks, get a few million guaranteed, and then tap out the second the fight began. It'd have been easy for him to do, and then you'd be right, he wouldn't be a fighter. In fact, given your low opinion of GSP, I kind of think that's the kind of behavior you personally expect from him (ie that he would take money but wouldn't fight). But instead of pocketing a few million for no more effort than it took to make weight, he stayed away. I'd say that's a plus, and more fighters should do that.

Fighters who keep going after they're done is not good for anyone, and I don't get why you want him to do that, especially given how boring you find him. I think he should stay retired for the obvious reason: he's not interested in fighting anymore, probably isn't even good at it any more after years of retirement. Why would anyone want to pay something to see an uninterested guy fight? I wouldn't.

Last edited:
Fedor fought the best and finished more often than not. So did jones. So did silva.
Gsp couldn't finish Dan "0-4" hardy.
But he did finish Hughes twice and BJ once via "to the death". So what's more important, what you can do or what you can't? Do you look at your life saying "I was successful at some Legendary deed but when it came to normal life deeds, I couldn't finish the job"?

In the end, not being able to finish 0-4 Hardy will not matter. First, Hardy went 0-3 AFTER the GSP fight: he was on a 7-wins streak before that and he finished his career with two wins. Second, you don't look at who a fighter couldn't finish when said fighter has finished Legends before: one Legendary WW, one legendary LW and in fact, he finished 3 WW champions: Hughes and Serra and BJ was former WW Champ when he finished him. You look at his accomplishments and rank them in comparisons to other's.

BJ is a legend and a finisher, we all agree. Who has he finished to be so Legendary in comparison with GSP? I mean: let's put BJ and Hughes as GSP most impressive finishes. Who then would be BJ's most impressive finishes? Lets play fair and put a 10 years limit. In the last 10 years, who has BJ finished to be a more impressive finisher than GSP? Find me two legends BJ finished to be included here. Yeah that's right: gotta go back to 2008 and the Sherk finish. What was GSP doing back then? Finishing the WW champion Serra and finishing BJ himself the year after! THAT'S a finisher my friend!

Do you think some boxing aficionado is making a list of all the fighters "49-0 Money" couldn't finish to keep him off the #1 spot? Would you keep Money off the top spot because "he can't finish a sandwich"? Seriously, would you? Because if you would, I really want to know who you'd put in his place...

Because if you go by what a person cannot do, you gotta put GSP in the "cannot lose" category: he didn't lose a MMA fight since April 2007: 10 years in 2 months. Gotta celebrate my friend!

Last edited:
GSP brought in USADA and changed the sport forever. He was clean fighting guys like Hendricks and Sherk his whole career.

Some MMA fans have very short memories plain and simple. GSP had a MASSIVE influence on the growth of the ufc. Anderson silva has a new found hate around now too. Sport wouldnt be where it was today without either of these guys.

There are fans of every single GOAT candidate who dismiss the accomplishments of the others.

I'm confident GSP fans are the least guilty of this.

Also, I sincerely doubt Hendricks had anything to do with GSP stepping away from the sport, he had been talking about it for a year, but people like to give Hendricks credit for it.

you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled with mine and disagree with you on both points :

I think his fans are more dismissing of the other goats acomplishements and that th enew testing, along with his level for his last fights, are reasons for his retirement (as far as I 'm concerned he's retired, it's been years already. of cours he might come back but its very uncertain and he hasn' t done it so far).

it's ll good, different people, different opinions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back