The SJW definition of racism and dismissal of reverse racism is incredibly racist

Minorities can't get AIDS because AIDS is when the human immunodeficiency virus attacks and destroys too many white blood CD4 cells + Institutional power.

i think we found agreement that affirmative action can result in instances of racism, although it is intended to fight racism. the argument comes down to, whether you want to defeat a lot of racism by participating in a smaller amount of racism

I just personally believe that every person should be judged by their actions and content of their character, and that race should only be used as a physical descriptor, like hair color. Affirmative action, though well intentioned, does not abide by this

Well, I don't think that's fully accurate because there is a difference between the motivations of racial discrimination and arguably morally justifiable discrimination. You will typically not hear any affirmative action supporters believe their policy is a result of believing that a race of people is inherently superior to others which I think is a key tenet of racism.

I agree that every person should be judged fairly and that is obviously the ideal state and end game, and typically not even up for debate. I personally view more effective treatment of racial discrimination is education, time, and less sensationalism around it, and am skeptical of the efficacy of AA programs, so I don't really care for it myself though perhaps for different reasons.

I love how these topics and subject are typically derived from college professors and ultimately dispersed by their students, typically all over social media.

But that therein lies the problem, only people that have nothing better to do that sit around all fucking day and ponder shit like this. They try to figure out the meaning of life without really experiencing it first hand. I just can't take what any of these people who sit around in their bubble all day seriously. Rarely do you hear minorities talk about this weird shit either.. cause they're out busy working too just trying to get ahead, getting along with white people for the most part on a day to day basis.

It's like these people need to get out of the fucking house and find a purpose in life, instead of theorizing about it constantly.
Most of these professors and SJWs haven't lived enough in the 'real world' to know what the plight of other people is actually like they read books and look at biased statistics to form their preconceived ideas

My wife grew up in a poor neighborhood (about two miles from the local 'projects') and she has many stories of being jumped by 2 or 3 other girls for being the 'white girl' they hated her for being better off than they were. Yet again, they were poor, so racism? Oh wait, nope
Bernie says you are full of shit.....
VdTCdVm.jpg

I have an adopted black uncle, who 'follows' Islam (apparently never read his koran tho) that spouts that 'blacks can't be racist bull crap, talks shit about trannies and gays and hides behind 'being black' as his reason he can say what he does, because he can't be racist.

Sounds like a real treat to be around.

I really don't understand how someone can think only "whites" could be racist. To me that is really fucking stupid.

I have seen many SJW's and leftist university professors say that reverse racism isn't possible because racism requires privilege+power. They say that blacks cannot be racist to whites because of this "new" definition.

However, to say "racism requires privilege+power so black people cant be racist", relies on the argument that black people are never privileged and black people can never have power. It assumes that ALL black people start out worse than all white people, thus have less privilege. It also argues that no black person can ever become more powerful than a white person.

Can any leftist explain how they reconcile this and still say reverse racism isn't possible?

I agree with you that the left's stance on this is bullshit, but I also feel compelled to address what appears to be a misunderstanding on your part.

The privelege + power definition doesn't mean that no black person can ever be more powerful than a white person. Nor does it mean that all black people are less powerful than all white people.

Its referring to broader, societal structures rather than individuals. Not to make an offensive comparison, but there are certainly dogs in this world who have more power than some humans. But we would never say a dog "mistreated" a person the way we would say the opposite.

I know this is an imperfect analogy because dogs arent humans, but the idea is simply that the entire world is set up for humans, from door knobs to spoken language. Any individual act is subsumed by the greater construct of human dominance.

This is also why they say "all white people are racist." Its a comment on the society and the world, not individual white people. If we doscovered a planet on which the black people colonized everyone, leftists would, presumably, not say those white people are racist, even if they engaged in individual acts of racial discrimination.

I love how these topics and subject are typically derived from college professors and ultimately dispersed by their students, typically all over social media.

But that therein lies the problem, only people that have nothing better to do that sit around all fucking day and ponder shit like this. They try to figure out the meaning of life without really experiencing it first hand. I just can't take what any of these people who sit around in their bubble all day seriously. Rarely do you hear minorities talk about this weird shit either.. cause they're out busy working too just trying to get ahead, getting along with white people for the most part on a day to day basis.

It's like these people need to get out of the fucking house and find a purpose in life, instead of theorizing about it constantly.

>tfw too intelligent to avoid pondering
>tfw i can sit in my back office and shitpost on th einternet while other people do the work and i collect checks
f93.png

the racism + power would be racial discrimination imo... so a bit different
Good point. I think it's important to distinguish everyday racism and institutional racism(i.e., discrimination). It's definitely much more difficult (but not impossible) for the system to discriminate against whites in favor of blacks.

But that's exactly what affirmative action(and things like it) is: reverse racism. It is perfectly valid to argue that it's justified, but let's call it what it is.

The question should not be whether reverse racism is possible, the question is: is reverse racism justified? I would argue that two wrongs don't make a right.

Bernie says you are full of shit.....
VdTCdVm.jpg
Holy crap, and how many people thought this guy would make a fantastic president? Just like him saying that free college should come from 'speculative futures' meaning other people's 401ks this dude was full tard

I agree with you that the left's stance on this is bullshit, but I also feel compelled to address what appears to be a misunderstanding on your part.

The privelege + power definition doesn't mean that no black person can ever be more powerful than a white person. Nor does it mean that all black people are less powerful than all white people.

Its referring to broader, societal structures rather than individuals. Not to make an offensive comparison, but there are certainly dogs in this world who have more power than some humans. But we would never say a dog "mistreated" a person the way we would say the opposite.

I know this is an imperfect analogy because dogs arent humans, but the idea is simply that the entire world is set up for humans, from door knobs to spoken language. Any individual act is subsumed by the greater construct of human dominance.

This is also why they say "all white people are racist." Its a comment on the society and the world, not individual white people. If we doscovered a planet on which the black people colonized everyone, leftists would, presumably, not say those white people are racist, even if they engaged in individual acts of racial discrimination.

in my opinion, i dont like any cases of people being judged by their race, due to generalizations about their race

for example, black people are very overrepresented in the NBA, but i dont think that you should tell an asian kid that he is playing from behind if he wants to make it in the NBA and that he probably isnt going to make it, because its a sport for black people.

I also dont like holding individuals accountable for actions done by others of the same race. black people shouldnt have to answer for black criminals and white people shouldnt have to answer for white racists

i think were gonna disagree on things, but you did a good job of explaining your views, so thank you

Sounds like a real treat to be around.

I really don't understand how someone can think only "whites" could be racist. To me that is really fucking stupid.
Get this, dude freaked out for years calling any CTer that said michelle obama was a dude 'racist' and stupid 'anyone who accuses a beautiful woman of being a man is an idiot' a month before MAGA happened he posts a picture of melania trump with the words 'hideous man in a dress' as a caption. So... When whitey says michelle looks butch, that's bad, but when you say a white woman is a man in a dress it's okay?

Also posts crap on facebook weekly about how 'whitey is keeping them down' even tho he was adopted by a white family, and his 'brothers' have offered to get him a 100k job a few times, he would rather lambast the white man and keep his minimum wage job.

No, it assumes that black people are historically disenfranchised, and it is a tool to help them close the gap in education and wealth attainment.

And it's done nothing to close that gap whatsoever. It's amazing what incentive structures actually do to incentive people....

This also works with the misogyny/misandrist fuckery that some SJWs like to use as well. "hurr durr you can't be a misandrist if men always have all the positions of power."

It's silly for the reasons you listed, and much like racism the reasons for people being "misogynists" have been watered down to mean absolutely nothing anymore. Apparently simply being mean to women makes you a misogynist. Does that make me a misandrist when I make fun of men, which I do 9000 times more often? This is where they run into a contradiction so the "privilege + power" defense mechanism comes up. Fucking idiots.

Maybe you just make fun of people too much? Personally, I abhor personal attacks and never resort to that sort of thing.

The bottom line is that people will do or say anything to achieve power. This group has seen their path to power and is milking it for all it is worth. Why not? They are getting away with it.

As for this thread, I also think it is absurd to label any attack on a minority as "racist" using the formula that assumes a person has power over another simply because they are white, with the reverse being that minorities can not wield power or control over anyone. There are many different types of power. Political, social influence, wealth, sheer numbers, physical power-just to name a few. A black person may wield a great deal power in the form of social influence through a twitter or Facebook account.

My point is that the "ruling class white male" being the only group with influence or power, is an outdated notion in today's society.

I have seen many SJW's and leftist university professors say that reverse racism isn't possible because racism requires privilege+power. They say that blacks cannot be racist to whites because of this "new" definition.

However, to say "racism requires privilege+power so black people cant be racist", relies on the argument that black people are never privileged and black people can never have power. It assumes that ALL black people start out worse than all white people, thus have less privilege. It also argues that no black person can ever become more powerful than a white person.

Can any leftist explain how they reconcile this and still say reverse racism isn't possible?
By accepting the term "reverse racism", you are also accepting the irrational twisting of definitions to suit ones argument. So implicitly you have already conceded. Reverse racism is something along the lines of acceptance, I guess.

There is only racism. That is really the only starting point. From there, you go forth and apply it consistently. Regarding the supposed "new definition", that simply does not hold up. Entertaining that definition I believe is a mistake. It must be rejected and challenged before moving forward in any discussion.

To anyone that argues for the "new definition", I would simply say that power can indeed make racism more threatening, but the definition will apply even in cases where the two groups hold equal power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back