The Right-Wing propagandist assault on FBI in full force

Are FBI banned from voting? If not - why not? I mean if they voted it means they favored one candidate over the other and that means they have a political mind and thus are biased and should be disqualified.

Judges shouldn't vote either. Jurors shouldn't be voters either because maybe the accused wears a MAGA hat, and that one juror who voted Trump will vote to let the person off now.

Stopped reading.
200.gif

BTW, the stuff that @Hit-N-Run is referring to on Fox is nearly all conspiracy. They'll report rumors and totally fabricated stuff. In no way is it an honest assessment of Mueller's independence.

Liberals pissed when their own tactics are used against them.

I mean we live in a country where judges are elected. Where politically appointed judges are given lifetime gigs. Where a Supreme Court nomination was blocked for 10 months.

It would be interesting to go back and look at the threads about Trump personally interviewing US DA candidates for NY, DC and Florida and if folks whining about an FBI agent calling Trump an idiot were a-ok with Trump personally interviewing DA's who would have jurisdiction over Trump Towers, Mar-a-lago and WH. Yeah, no politics involved there.

The editors of National Review believe that looking into Muller's conflicts of interest is a rational idea.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/454649/robert-mueller-team-investigate-the-investigators

National review is perhaps the most respected voice on the right, and are vocal members of the never-Trump crowd.

Would you like to reconsider your position?

They're complainging about Strzok, but Mueller removed him as soon as he found out about the texts.

They are speculating on the FISA warrant. Can't Trump release the warrant to the public? That would clear up a bunch of these half baked theories

I don't even know what this piece is trying say about Mueller's conflict of interest. It seems to be saying the FBI should be investigated nt the Special Counsel.

So tell me, AC. Do you also believe there is no such thing as the Liberal media? CNN, MSNBC, ABC...these outlets call it down the middle do they?

Give it a rest. I can't take any Liberal seriously who can't step out of their echo chamber for one second, and admit a Liberal media machine exists. Unless I'm being sarcastic, you'll certainly never hear me say FOX News is fair and balanced.

You know that right wing media dominates left wing media in cable, print, and radio right?
And lefties read/watch a much more diverse amount of news. In other words they may watch MSNBC and CNN, but also read Vox, NYT and the Atlantic etc.. And people watch/read different stuff whereas most righties just watch Fox.

Generalizing there but it's true overall.

Can you explain or quote the part of the piece that suggest Mueller may be compromised in some way? I power read it and admit I may have missed it but it seems like they're arguing that there were failures to investigate Hillary's email properly or that one guy was not unbiased. Not seeing how that is connected to Mueller.

To be honest, I am not arguing or really attempting to "explain" that or anything else.

However, that comes up in paragraph three:

-----------------------------------------------------

While more context is necessary to understand the meaning of the text and what transpired in the meeting in McCabe’s office, the message raises the possibility that top bureau officials were infecting investigations with their personal political views. This would be a concern in any circumstance, but especially in this one. The FBI’s Clinton-email and Trump-Russia investigations have been extremely fraught politically — with the latter morphing into Mueller’s Russia probe, which conceivably could result in an impeachment referral.

----------------------------------------------------

Then the article delves into possible conflicts of interest.

---------------------------------------------------

Around the time of Strzok’s message, the FBI and the Obama Justice Department had come into possession of the anti-Trump “dossier” compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele. The dossier was opposition research commissioned by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, through their lawyers. They had retained a research company, Fusion GPS, which hired Steele, who evidently paid Russian sources for what appears to be dodgy information.

We now know that one of Fusion’s point people on the project was a Russia analyst named Nellie Ohr, the wife of Bruce Ohr, the Obama Justice Department’s associate deputy attorney general. He was the right hand of Sally Yates, the famously anti-Trump deputy AG who was eventually — and justifiably — fired by Trump for insubordination (when she was his inherited acting AG). Bruce Ohr held meetings with Steele and Fusion founder Glenn Simpson (and has now been demoted over them). During the summer of 2016, the Justice Department and the bureau sought a warrant from a secret federal court to conduct surveillance of a Trump-campaign official. It is reported that agents used information from the dossier to obtain the warrant, even though, as recently as March 2017, then-director Comey dismissed Steele’s work as “salacious and unverified” in congressional testimony.

(Something that would seem to stand out among the irregularities ) For months, the House Intelligence Committee has been pressing for answers about whether and how this Clinton-campaign document was used to obtain the authority for the surveillance; the Justice Department and the FBI won’t answer and refuse to produce the warrant.

--------------------------------------

It goes on and on like this, but also worth considering:

We believe that Russia’s interference in the election is worth investigating and that dismissing Robert Mueller would be a mistake, both politically and on the merits.

Which is the only reason I entered this thread.

Hit-N-Run's thesis is seriously flawed or completely invalid in multiple ways.

1. National Review is not an anti-Trump puppet, they are generally speaking against Trump.

2. The reasons for having some caution about Muller are not coming from only insane or juvenile voices on the right.

I will no longer be responding to this thread tonight as the hour is late.

I believe Hit-N-Run's thesis, such as it was, has been proven to be false.

Thank you.

To be honest, I am not arguing or really attempting to "explain" that or anything else.

However, that comes up in paragraph three:

-----------------------------------------------------

While more context is necessary to understand the meaning of the text and what transpired in the meeting in McCabe’s office, the message raises the possibility that top bureau officials were infecting investigations with their personal political views. This would be a concern in any circumstance, but especially in this one. The FBI’s Clinton-email and Trump-Russia investigations have been extremely fraught politically — with the latter morphing into Mueller’s Russia probe, which conceivably could result in an impeachment referral.

----------------------------------------------------

Then the article delves into possible conflicts of interest.

---------------------------------------------------

Around the time of Strzok’s message, the FBI and the Obama Justice Department had come into possession of the anti-Trump “dossier” compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele. The dossier was opposition research commissioned by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, through their lawyers. They had retained a research company, Fusion GPS, which hired Steele, who evidently paid Russian sources for what appears to be dodgy information.

We now know that one of Fusion’s point people on the project was a Russia analyst named Nellie Ohr, the wife of Bruce Ohr, the Obama Justice Department’s associate deputy attorney general. He was the right hand of Sally Yates, the famously anti-Trump deputy AG who was eventually — and justifiably — fired by Trump for insubordination (when she was his inherited acting AG). Bruce Ohr held meetings with Steele and Fusion founder Glenn Simpson (and has now been demoted over them). During the summer of 2016, the Justice Department and the bureau sought a warrant from a secret federal court to conduct surveillance of a Trump-campaign official. It is reported that agents used information from the dossier to obtain the warrant, even though, as recently as March 2017, then-director Comey dismissed Steele’s work as “salacious and unverified” in congressional testimony.

(Something that would seem to stand out among the irregularities:) For months, the House Intelligence Committee has been pressing for answers about whether and how this Clinton-campaign document was used to obtain the authority for the surveillance; the Justice Department and the FBI won’t answer and refuse to produce the warrant.

It goes on and on like this, but also worth considering:

We believe that Russia’s interference in the election is worth investigating and that dismissing Robert Mueller would be a mistake, both politically and on the merits.

Which is the only reason I entered this thread.

Hit-N-Run's thesis is seriously flawed or completely invalid in multiple ways.

1. National Review is not an anti-Trump puppet, they are generally speaking against Trump.

2. The reasons for having some caution about Muller are not coming from only insane or juvenile voices on the right.
They didn't provide reasons for caution about Mueller other than sometimes in unrelated cases investigators are biased. It's not a very good argument unless I'm missing something else.

You investigate someone when there is solid reason to believe in wrong-doing. Is there a reason to believe in wrong-doing in Mueller's case?

And Hit-N-Run can defend himself but I did not read the op to suggest every single right winger or member of media is putting out propaganda. He did specify Fox there.

Are FBI banned from voting? If not - why not? I mean if they voted it means they favored one candidate over the other and that means they have a political mind and thus are biased and should be disqualified.

Judges shouldn't vote either. Jurors shouldn't be voters either because maybe the accused wears a MAGA hat, and that one juror who voted Trump will vote to let the person off now.

You should let non citizens foreign Muslims vote from those people then. They not be bias

They're complainging about Strzok, but Mueller removed him as soon as he found out about the texts.

They are speculating on the FISA warrant. Can't Trump release the warrant to the public? That would clear up a bunch of these half baked theories

I don't even know what this piece is trying say about Mueller's conflict of interest. It seems to be saying the FBI should be investigated nt the Special Counsel.

I am not arguing any of these things.

None, zero, zip.

Did anyone read the intent of my original post? Honestly?

None, zero, zip.

I did but that article doesn't seem to make any argument that Mueller should be looked into for conflicts of interest.

It's main beef seems to be with the FISA warrant. Trump can make that public if he wants to.

None, zero, zip.

Maybe instead of finishing with a question (which suggests TS is wrong but doesn't explain why) you can actually just state your position. It would avoid a lot of confusion.

Even after your follow-up posts I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say.

They didn't provide reasons for caution about Mueller other than sometimes in unrelated cases investigators are biased. It's not a very good argument unless I'm missing something else.

You investigate someone when there is solid reason to believe in wrong-doing. Is there a reason to believe in wrong-doing in Mueller's case?

And Hit-N-Run can defend himself but I did not read the op to suggest every single right winger or member of media is putting out propaganda. He did specify Fox there.

I'll admit Hit-N-Run is really hard to understand, and his rambling style is difficult to master.

Maybe I am not sophisticated or urbane enough to grasp the nuance of his rage.

This kind of through me off though, via Hit-N-Run: The Right Wing propaganda machine is in high gear smearing the FBI and any other institution they see as an enemy of their Dear Leader. Fox news has started their machine up and are blaring it 24x7.

--------------------------------

A couple of linguistic points here:

A. Right Wing Propaganda Machine.

Whom does he speak of?

B. "They" condemn the FBI and -any- institution. (Sounds serious!)

C. He comes to Fox News specifically, but then states that "their" machine is blaring "it" 24x7.

So, who came up with "it"? The Right Wing Propaganda Machine? The White House? Talk radio? All of the "un-American" right wingers mentioned later on?

Maybe I am mistaken, but that is an absolute mess.

@InternetHero

The OP claims that right wing media, specifically Fox news, is launching a right wing propaganda campaign to discredit Mueller's investigation. Given that Fox is by far the most watched right wing source and hardly the only one engaged in this, it is fair to classify it this way. Add right wing talk show hosts like Rush, Twitter defenders of Trump, etc. and there is clearly an attempt to discredit Mueller.

You claim that he is wrong. Your source is the National Review who does not support Trump and they also support an investigation into Trump.

1. Is that an accurate summary? If not please correct clearly.
2. If it is you have to establish why your assertion discredits Hit-N-Run. Even if we granted you the NR has a solid argument that does not mean there is no campaign to discredit Mueller based on bullshit. And I don't think you can argue the NR is more read than Fox, Rush, Twitter, etc..

I did but that article doesn't seem to make any argument that Mueller should be looked into for conflicts of interest.

It's main beef seems to be with the FISA warrant. Trump can make that public if he wants to.

Thank you then.

Maybe instead of finishing with a question (which suggests TS is wrong but doesn't explain why) you can actually just state your position. It would avoid a lot of confusion.

Even after your follow-up posts I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say.

I am not adverse to admitting I am wrong.

However, do you really feel that Hit-N-Run made a valid thread?

1. There is no source article.

2. The thesis is a difficult to decipher rant about Fox News and Donald Trump.

Am I wrong to complain? Really? All politics aside, am I acting like a jerk for pointing out that the sky is blue?

I'll admit Hit-N-Run is really hard to understand, and his rambling style is difficult to master.

Maybe I am not sophisticated or urbane enough to grasp the nuance of his rage.

This kind of through me off though, via Hit-N-Run: The Right Wing propaganda machine is in high gear smearing the FBI and any other institution they see as an enemy of their Dear Leader. Fox news has started their machine up and are blaring it 24x7.

--------------------------------

A couple of linguistic points here:

A. Right Wing Propaganda Machine.

Whom does he speak of?

B. "They" condemn the FBI and -any- institution. (Sounds serious!)

C. He comes to Fox News specifically, but then states that "their" machine is blaring "it" 24x7.

So, who came up with "it"? The Right Wing Propaganda Machine? The White House? Talk radio? All of the "un-American" right wingers mentioned later on?

Maybe I am mistaken, but that is an absolute mess.
I posted above, which is a critique of your critique.

I think most people paying attention to this stuff know that most right wingers rely on Fox, talk show guys like Rush, Breitbart, etc., all of which are actually trying to discredit Mueller. The OP does assume a certain level of following politics and political sources of news and opinion.

I can see how people who don't follow closely could be lost in the OP. Doesn't make your initial critique any more valid though.

Thank you then.

I am not adverse to admitting I am wrong.

However, do you really feel that Hit-N-Run made a valid thread?

1. There is no source article.

2. The thesis is a difficult to decipher rant about Fox News and Donald Trump.

Am I wrong to complain? Really? All politics aside, am I acting like a jerk for pointing out that the sky is blue?
I didn't claim it was a long thesis with tons of supporting data. We are posting on a fucking MMA sub-forum here. It's obviously true to people who pay attention to this stuff. Like I said in another post I get how someone who isn't following closely could be lost. All good, maybe read up on the stuff Fox is putting out there if you're interested.

Still doesn't make your initial critique valid! If you want to push back on Hit by saying there are no sources fair game, have at it.

Back