The Right-Wing propagandist assault on FBI in full force

You know that right wing media dominates left wing media in cable, print, and radio right?
There's no such thing as "right wing media" to partisan hacks like him. Just patriots reporting the truth to them. Right wingers in this thread are all brain washed.

Thank you then.

I am not adverse to admitting I am wrong.

However, do you really feel that Hit-N-Run made a valid thread?

1. There is no source article.

2. The thesis is a difficult to decipher rant about Fox News and Donald Trump.

Am I wrong to complain? Really? All politics aside, am I acting like a jerk for pointing out that the sky is blue?
I don't know about all that, but you've managed to completely derail the thread. Congratulations.

@InternetHero

The OP claims that right wing media, specifically Fox news, is launching a right wing propaganda campaign to discredit Mueller's investigation. Given that Fox is by far the most watched right wing source and hardly the only one engaged in this, it is fair to classify it this way. Add right wing talk show hosts like Rush, Twitter defenders of Trump, etc. and there is clearly an attempt to discredit Mueller.

You claim that he is wrong. Your source is the National Review who does not support Trump and they also support an investigation into Trump.

1. Is that an accurate summary? If not please correct clearly.
2. If it is you have to establish why your assertion discredits Hit-N-Run. Even if we granted you the NR has a solid argument that does not mean there is no campaign to discredit Mueller based on bullshit. And I don't think you can argue the NR is more read than Fox, Rush, Twitter, etc..

Sorry, I do not feel this post addresses what I had to say in post #36.

Let me ask you though. Do you find this thread valid, informative, or overall to be of "quality?" if we presume that you are right and I am wrong in totality.

Just your opinion, honestly.

Is this a subsnative and well written thread?

BTW, the stuff that @Hit-N-Run is referring to on Fox is nearly all conspiracy. They'll report rumors and totally fabricated stuff. In no way is it an honest assessment of Mueller's independence.

Thank you, you said it better than me.

I did try to do some triggering in my post :)

I don't know about all that, but you've managed to completely derail the thread. Congratulations.

I was waiting for Hit-N-Runs initial source article, evidence, and a coherent "main idea" for so long I guess I got distracted...

Distracted by all the questions asking me to "prove" Muller is wrong, defend Donald Trump, Fox news, and the Easter Bunny.

In truth though, you were right, my responses derailed the thread.

Normally I might be sorry, but this thread sucks, sucks hard man.

I hope a better thread rises from the ashes for me to "like."

Now I have gone against principle too long and stayed up to argue essentially nothing.

I wish you all a great night, day or what have you, I truly do. Argue on, WarRoom brothers.

The Right Wing propaganda machine is in high gear smearing the FBI and any other institution they see as an enemy of their Dear Leader. Fox news has started their machine up and are blaring it 24x7. They are targeting investigators, spreading lies and distrust.... A bunch of un-american slime bags

It's amazing to see the Orwellian process at work. Feeding misinformation to the Right and watching them gobble it up. Amazing and scary.... They will attack anyone and any institution if it goes against their Orange Overlord. I really thing Trump followers want a dictatorship

Not one specific accusation. Stop being the lemming that you claim to fear. Be specific in your accusation, if you can.

So tell me, AC. Do you also believe there is no such thing as the Liberal media? CNN, MSNBC, ABC...these outlets call it down the middle do they?

Give it a rest. I can't take any Liberal seriously who can't step out of their echo chamber for one second, and admit a Liberal media machine exists. Unless I'm being sarcastic, you'll certainly never hear me say FOX News is fair and balanced.
I certainly don't think there is some grand conspiracy, to be clear I haven't had cable in ten years so I haven't watched much of any of them , Fox is such a monolith on the right that it somewhat makes sense that other outlets would occupy left to center .

Most tv " news" out lets don't do much if any investigative journalism anymore( unfortunately) so they are really not much more that aggregators reporting on what others have done .

There are people from both sides that I respect and listen to almost daily ( POTUS channel on SIRIUS is fantastic)
Michael Steele former head of the RNC is great, I love Julie Mason, Michael Smerconish is good ( his talk on how Trump won is excellent I have to say Michael Steele and Rick Ungers is my favorite , no bs at all

I have no interest in listening to spin doctors from either side

To be honest, I am not arguing or really attempting to "explain" that or anything else.

However, that comes up in paragraph three:

-----------------------------------------------------

While more context is necessary to understand the meaning of the text and what transpired in the meeting in McCabe’s office, the message raises the possibility that top bureau officials were infecting investigations with their personal political views. This would be a concern in any circumstance, but especially in this one. The FBI’s Clinton-email and Trump-Russia investigations have been extremely fraught politically — with the latter morphing into Mueller’s Russia probe, which conceivably could result in an impeachment referral.

----------------------------------------------------

Then the article delves into possible conflicts of interest.

---------------------------------------------------

Around the time of Strzok’s message, the FBI and the Obama Justice Department had come into possession of the anti-Trump “dossier” compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele. The dossier was opposition research commissioned by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee, through their lawyers. They had retained a research company, Fusion GPS, which hired Steele, who evidently paid Russian sources for what appears to be dodgy information.

We now know that one of Fusion’s point people on the project was a Russia analyst named Nellie Ohr, the wife of Bruce Ohr, the Obama Justice Department’s associate deputy attorney general. He was the right hand of Sally Yates, the famously anti-Trump deputy AG who was eventually — and justifiably — fired by Trump for insubordination (when she was his inherited acting AG). Bruce Ohr held meetings with Steele and Fusion founder Glenn Simpson (and has now been demoted over them). During the summer of 2016, the Justice Department and the bureau sought a warrant from a secret federal court to conduct surveillance of a Trump-campaign official. It is reported that agents used information from the dossier to obtain the warrant, even though, as recently as March 2017, then-director Comey dismissed Steele’s work as “salacious and unverified” in congressional testimony.

(Something that would seem to stand out among the irregularities ) For months, the House Intelligence Committee has been pressing for answers about whether and how this Clinton-campaign document was used to obtain the authority for the surveillance; the Justice Department and the FBI won’t answer and refuse to produce the warrant.

--------------------------------------

It goes on and on like this, but also worth considering:

We believe that Russia’s interference in the election is worth investigating and that dismissing Robert Mueller would be a mistake, both politically and on the merits.

--------------------------------------

Which is the only reason I entered this thread.

Hit-N-Run's thesis is seriously flawed or completely invalid in multiple ways.

1. National Review is not an anti-Trump puppet, they are generally speaking against Trump.

2. The reasons for having some caution about Muller are not coming from only insane or juvenile voices on the right.

I will no longer be responding to this thread tonight as the hour is late.

I believe Hit-N-Run's thesis, such as it was, has been proven to be false.

Thank you.

Great post, thank you for taking the time

Thank you, you said it better than me.

I did try to do some triggering in my post :)

I know I said I was going to bed, but I had to come back and say you were right all along.

Ha! Trigger indeed, the joke is on me, well played Hit-N-Run... trigger on.

Also, you proved TSers point by posting another right wing source that is demonizing the FBI.

No, no, I surrender you guys won! No sarcasm! I get it now, I get it...

I was too proud and stubborn to see what was happening and the "point" of HIt-N-Run, well played my friend, well played.

Sorry, I do not feel this post addresses what I had to say in post #36.

I think it does.

Let me ask you though. Do you find this thread valid, informative, or overall to be of "quality?" if we presume that you are right and I am wrong in totality.

Just your opinion, honestly.

Is this a subsnative and well written thread?

Personally I would have added several examples which would have been pieces from Fox, but the topic is very important and worth discussing.

It will not be informative to people following closely but still worth discussing.

Back