THE PUNISHER Netflix Series (Season 2 Premiering Jan. 2019)

If you have seen THE PUNISHER season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope they draw inspiration from the Punisher Max line, that run with Garth Ennis is legendary. Though, I doubt Disney would have the balls to go that far. It had Hard-R-Ratings of violence and burtality.

I'd post pics of my favorite scenes from those comics, but that'd probably push some buttons.

The level of extreme violence in DD was pretty legendary, especially for a Marvel superhero tv show so I doubt we will be disappointed in that regard.

The level of extreme violence in DD was pretty legendary, especially for a Marvel superhero tv show so I doubt we will be disappointed in that regard.

Trust me, the MAX Punisher arcs put everything in Netflix DD to shame, practically PG-rated in comparison.

Namely, 'The Slavers' and everyone that has read it knows what I'm talking about, like the last few pages BEFORE this happened.

yQbAU.jpg

Trust me, the MAX Punisher arcs put everything in Netflix DD to shame, practically PG-rated in comparison.

Namely, 'The Slavers' and everyone that has read it knows what I'm talking about, like the last few pages BEFORE this happened.

yQbAU.jpg

Yeah I know. I've read all the Punisher Max series, there was some insanely graphic violence in them and it's unlikely that shit would make it's way into the tv series but for me the level of violence in DD especially the stuff involving the Punisher was pleasantly surprising and really just fine and dandy. I'm quite happy seeing guys getting shanked in the neck and getting their faces blown clean off with shotguns. It's enough for me :D

yQbAU.jpg
Yeah you knew it would be bad news for the bad guys when Frank was reading that Basic Human Anatomy book. :eek:

I hope they stay away from the 22 issue Punisher MAX series. Ennis wasn't one of the writers and Bullseye was extremely annoying.

He's basically the same asshole from The Walking Dread without the southern accent.

I hope they stay away from the 22 issue Punisher MAX series. Ennis wasn't one of the writers and Bullseye was extremely annoying.

And Elektra was a dyke, and was a complete pushover when she fought Castle, and she never was in her costume.

Just check Xzibit out in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

He'd make a great, cheap, Barracuda -PLUS I'm sure he's available.

I didn't think he would be good for the punisher role, I was very wrong.

Update: October 6, 2016

New THE PUNISHER Set Photos Reveal Deborah Ann Woll Will Appear in the Series

Jon Bernthal shows some skin while filming some scenes for The Punisher on Wednesday (October 5) in Brooklyn, NY. The 40-year-old actor and his co-star Deborah Ann Woll sat at a waterfront to film scenes for the upcoming show.

jon-bernthal-films-the-punisher-07.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-the-punisher-12.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-the-punisher-09.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-the-punisher-06.jpg

Jon Bernthal Films 'The Punisher' By the Water with Deborah Ann Woll!

New THE PUNISHER Set Photos Reveal Deborah Ann Woll Will Appear in the Series

Jon Bernthal shows some skin while filming some scenes for The Punisher on Wednesday (October 5) in Brooklyn, NY. The 40-year-old actor and his co-star Deborah Ann Woll sat at a waterfront to film scenes for the upcoming show.

jon-bernthal-films-the-punisher-07.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-the-punisher-12.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-the-punisher-09.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-the-punisher-06.jpg

Jon Bernthal Films 'The Punisher' By the Water with Deborah Ann Woll!

It wasn't as noticeable when she dyed her hair red or on Daredevil where so many scene are at night, but Deborah really needs to hit the beach, or she's going to start to get some serious vitamin D deficiency.

And here I thought her paleness on True Blood was makeup so that she would look more vampiric.

So, this is taking place AFTER Daredevil. THE RUMORS WERE A LIE!

It wasn't as noticeable when she dyed her hair red or on Daredevil where so many scene are at night, but Deborah really needs to hit the beach, or she's going to start to get some serious vitamin D deficiency.

And here I thought her paleness on True Blood was makeup so that she would look more vampiric.

She is so pale it's crazy. I fucking love it too and I wouldn't change a thing about her. I hope she doesn't hit the beach and just keeps that beautiful body the way it is.

This better be good. I have high hopes.

Here's what I said about that scene in the DD thread:

I think Punisher threatening the old man was just for show so that DD will behave. But it was still impossible for DD to see the gun, Frank or the old man since he was at the wrong angle and Frank doesn't know that DD is blind or has special senses. So that scene was very questionable for me.

Daredevil can smell gunpowder

I bet Jigsaw will be involved.

Hope they learn their lessons with JJ and Luke Cage and have some quality content and not just drag some scenes to fill out the 55 minute running time per episode.

They should do a lot of mini-arcs and incorporate some of Garth Ennis' Punisher Max stories.

I haven't finished Luke Cage (made the mistake of telling my fiacne we could watch it together) but I thought JJ was great. I'm really enjoying how each show has it's own style and isn't exactly like the others but with a different hero. Whatever the Punisher is I'm sure it'll be fantastic just like all these other shows.

The rumors I have read is that it takes place between his family being murdered and when we meet him in Daredevil.

And Microchip will be present in some fashion.

I hope not that doesn't make a lot of sense. Hope it starts after the whole thing that happened in dare devil.

Daredevil can smell gunpowder
Frank doesn't know that DD has heightened senses. The point is Frank put on a show for DD with threatening the old man. The problem with that scene is the view to the door was obstructed where DD was sitting.

Ebon Moss-Bachrach and Amber Rose Revah Cast in Key Roles in THE PUNISHER

Ebon-Moss-Bachrach-Amber-Rose-Revah-Punisher-Dragonlord.jpg

The cast of Marvel’s The Punisher is beginning to take shape, as Marvel and Netflix have just cast two key roles for the new Netflix series.

Ebon Moss-Bachrach has been cast as Micro, a former NSA analyst “whose secrets may be of great value to Frank Castle and everyone around them.” Bachrach is best known for his role on HBO’s Girls playing Desi, Marnie’s musical partner, and love interest.

Micro (short for Microchip) is a character from The Punisher comics who was Punisher’s technical support for a long time, providing Punisher with weapons and other gadgets to use in his war on crime. Micro eventually turned into a villain who challenged the Punisher.

The Punisher also cast Amber Rose Revah (Son of God) as Dinah Madani, “highly-trained sophisticated Homeland Security agent who is vexed by the Punisher.”

These casting announcements follow the casting of Ben Barnes (The Chronicles of Narnia) as Billy Russo, Punisher’s best friend from his special forces days who now runs a private military company called “Anvil.”

Marvel And Netflix’s The Punisher Casts Ebon Moss-Bachrach and Amber Rose Revah in Pivotal Roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back