***The Official SANCTIONED Sergey Lipinets vs Mikey Garcia RBR Thread 10:15PM EST Showtime***

I really think we're just seeing Lomachenko in favorable matchups. Workrate works against some guys, some guys it doesn't. Garcia is the sort of guy it doesn't.
It does work when you are faster and better at everything.

Let me know when Salido punches Garcia in the balls over, and over, and over, and over.
Garcia was too busy smashing Salido's face in to get hit low.

Garcia was too busy smashing Salido's face in to get hit low.
And too busy quitting like a bitch when he got fouled.

Loma should have done that too. He could “win” like Mikey.

And too busy quitting like a bitch when he got fouled.

Loma should have done that too. He could “win” like Mikey.
He lost on points, not KO so you're wrong. Lomachenko's best rounds were the later rounds.

I'd like to see Lomachenko call him out after the fight.

Garcia is maybe getting a big head. I'm not crazy about the guy over 140.
That's what I'd like to see too. Hopefully it will happen and yeah I think Garcia's weight is 135 not 140.

He lost on points, not KO so you're wrong. Lomachenko's best rounds were the later rounds.
If a fighter gets fouled and quits saying they cant continue what happens Seano......

That's what I'd like to see too. Hopefully it will happen and yeah I think Garcia's weight is 135 not 140.
I was hopeful after his last fight Garcia would pursue it but he doesnt want to get his ass beat.

I was hopeful after his last fight Garcia would pursue it but he doesnt want to get his ass beat.
Garcia really does look to be ducking Lomachenko. It's a bit cowardly since he is the naturally bigger man.

If a fighter gets fouled and quits saying they cant continue what happens Seano......
Depends on if the ref calls the foul deliberate or not.Either it goes to the cards or its a DQ. Could be a TKO loss if the ref didn't see a foul.

More skilled than Salido but doesnt fight like Salido so what does that matter?

Bigger puncher than Rigo but not as good as Rigo.

Unless you think Mikey is going to fight Loma dirty as fuck and try to maul him like Salido did I really dont see why anyone mentions Salido.

Maybe Loma will headbutt Mikey and we can see Mikey take the easy way out again. Thats the same caliber of relevance.

More skilled then Salido meaning his ability to land his power punches on Loma is significantly higher then Salido could dream off. And yes Mikey has the option of mixing in some physical bullying tactics because he is the bigger stronger man.

He doesn't have to fight like Salido did to beat Loma because he will be able to take Loma's power, whereas Loma will not be able to take many of Mikes shot's without slowing down because he has never felt that type of power before.

Mikey is close enough to Rigo in terms of skill, much bigger and stronger, will be able to take Loma's power better, will be more willing to trade with Loma to land one of his own shots, is in his prime and not an aging fighter, and is a much stronger puncher who will be able to inflict significantly more damage on Loma when he lands his power. I just don't see how Loma is walking through that because when you consider the package of traits that Mikey presents it is a level of fighter that Loma has never faced before.

The more I talk about it, I really hope this fight is made after Loma defeats Linares.

Last edited:
More skilled than Salido but doesnt fight like Salido so what does that matter?

Bigger puncher than Rigo but not as good as Rigo.

Unless you think Mikey is going to fight Loma dirty as fuck and try to maul him like Salido did I really dont see why anyone mentions Salido.

Maybe Loma will headbutt Mikey and we can see Mikey take the easy way out again. Thats the same caliber of relevance.

In a p4p sense, a prime Rigo is better than any version of Mikey Garcia, but there is about 25 pounds (perhaps even more) between them on fight night. Garcia is way bigger than Rigondeaux, active on the world level, and still in his physical prime.

More skilled then Salido meaning his ability to land his power punches on Loma is significantly higher then Salido could dream off. And yes Mikey has the option of mixing in some physical bullying tactics because he is the bigger stronger man.

He doesn't have to fight like Salido did to beat Loma because he will be able to take Loma's power, whereas Loma will not be able to take many of Mikes shot's without slowing down because he has never felt that type of power before.

Mikey is close enough to Rigo in terms of skill, much bigger and stronger, will be able to take Loma's power better, will be more willing to trade with Loma to land one of his own shots, is in his prime and not an aging fighter, and is a much stronger puncher who will be able to inflict significantly more damage on Loma when he lands his power. I just don't see how Loma is walking through that because when you consider the package of traits that Mikey presents it is a level of fighter that Loma has never faced before.

The more I talk about it, I really hope this fight is made after Loma defeats Linares.
When has Mikey ever fought like Salido does? Never.

Mikey is no where fucking close to Rigo in terms of skill.

Yes, Mikey can crack and Loma doesnt want to trade shots with him. Were still again left with a punchers chance. Mikey isnt better than Loma at anything, and he has a significant disadvantage in speed.

I hope it happens too but Mikey wants nothing to do with him.... I wonder why.

In a p4p sense, a prime Rigo is better than any version of Mikey Garcia, but there is about 25 pounds (perhaps even more) between them on fight night. Garcia is way bigger than Rigondeaux, active on the world level, and still in his physical prime.
None of which means he has a better chance of landing punches on Loma.

Power means shit if you cant land.

None of which means he has a better chance of landing punches on Loma.

Power means shit if you cant land.

I'd say that all of those things taken together do suggest he has a better chance of landing of Lomachenko. I'm to the point where I slightly favour Lomachenko, but Garcia is considerably more dangerous than anyone Lomachenko has fought.

I'd say that all of those things taken together do suggest he has a better chance of landing of Lomachenko. I'm to the point where I slightly favour Lomachenko, but Garcia is considerably more dangerous than anyone Lomachenko has fought.
Sure Id agree with that last part.

Still dont give him better than a punchers chance.

Sure Id agree with that last part.

Still dont give him better than a punchers chance.

I think you're selling him a little short here. Lomachenko will be fighting one of the better technical fighters in the sport who happens to be clearly bigger and hit a fair bit harder. Garcia would be the first guy bigger than Lomachenko with genuinely good boxing ability (one of the better jabs in the sport) and he is far and away a better puncher than anyone Lomachenko has faced. That's a lot to overcome for Lomachenko, and I think it's hard to relegate Garcia's chances to only a 'puncher's chance' (which can mean a lot of different things from a lot of different people, I guess, but I'm assuming you mean that he has to basically hunt for one big shot).

I think you're selling him a little short here. Lomachenko will be fighting one of the better technical fighters in the sport who happens to be clearly bigger and hit a fair bit harder. Garcia would be the first guy bigger than Lomachenko with genuinely good boxing ability (one of the better jabs in the sport) and he is far and away a better puncher than anyone Lomachenko has faced. That's a lot to overcome for Lomachenko, and I think it's hard to relegate Garcia's chances to only a 'puncher's chance' (which can mean a lot of different things from a lot of different people, I guess, but I'm assuming you mean that he has to basically hunt for one big shot).
Its absolutely what I mean. Garcia doesnt outbox Loma. He has to knock him out. He doesnt throw enough punches and hes too slow. Without putting Loma down he gets diced up

When Loma beats the brakes off of Linares everyone can revisit this.

Back