***The Official SANCTIONED Sergey Lipinets vs Mikey Garcia RBR Thread 10:15PM EST Showtime***

When has Mikey ever fought like Salido does? Never.

Mikey is no where fucking close to Rigo in terms of skill.

Yes, Mikey can crack and Loma doesnt want to trade shots with him. Were still again left with a punchers chance. Mikey isnt better than Loma at anything, and he has a significant disadvantage in speed.

I hope it happens too but Mikey wants nothing to do with him.... I wonder why.

Mikey hasn't had to fight with his physicality in past fights but it still stands that he has the option to mix it in because he will be the bigger, stronger fighter against Loma and will need to use all of his advantages keep Loma guessing.

I think your underrating Mikey's skill he is very technically sound and has great timing, control of distance and accuracy in the shots he throws. And he also sets things up very well and makes really good adjustments especially offensively during fights.

Mikey will get hit but will be able to absorb the punishment, but because of Loma's activity level he will also have a lot of opportunities to counter, and he will also have the luxury of being able to trade with Loma to land power shots, Mikey is too good a technical puncher not to land on Loma.

And Mikey does not have to be better at Loma at anything to land enough power shots on him to slow him down and hurt him. Instead of puncher chance I would say Mikey has a very skilled, complete technical boxer with a strength/durability/punching power advantage chance in the fight. And how many times have we seen timing defeat speed in boxing, Mikey's style and skill is perfect for timing and countering speed.

I don't think either fighter has an issue with fighting each other. It's just the business of boxing, they'll fight other fighters to build the match up before facing eachother.

Its absolutely what I mean. Garcia doesnt outbox Loma. He has to knock him out. He doesnt throw enough punches and hes too slow. Without putting Loma down he gets diced up

When Loma beats the brakes off of Linares everyone can revisit this.

I don't think there is much chance of Garcia flat out outboxing Lomachenko. Still, he is a very good boxer and a bigger man. He has the ability to be effective from the outside with his jab (one of the better ones in the sport) and set shots up. Even if he's landing fewer shots, the size and power difference can change the dynamic of the fight quickly. With time, Lomachenko could start to break down, become more gunshy, start taking fewer chances, etc.. When you factor in Garcia's skill with his size and power advantage, it becomes hard for me to relegate his chances to that of merely a puncher praying for a single big shot to change the fight.

Its absolutely what I mean. Garcia doesnt outbox Loma. He has to knock him out. He doesnt throw enough punches and hes too slow. Without putting Loma down he gets diced up

When Loma beats the brakes off of Linares everyone can revisit this.
when loma beats the brakes off of linares people will say he beat up a guy that quit in every one of his losses.

and they will forever bring up the fact that salido "beat" him, because no other great fighter has ever lost a fight, especially not in a legitimate matter.

Mikey hasn't had to fight with his physicality in past fights but it still stands that he has the option to mix it in because he will be the bigger, stronger fighter against Loma and will need to use all of his advantages keep Loma guessing.

I think your underrating Mikey's skill he is very technically sound and has great timing, control of distance and accuracy in the shots he throws. And he also sets things up very well and makes really good adjustments especially offensively during fights.

Mikey will get hit but will be able to absorb the punishment, but because of Loma's activity level he will also have a lot of opportunities to counter, and he will also have the luxury of being able to trade with Loma to land power shots, Mikey is too good a technical puncher not to land on Loma.

And Mikey does not have to be better at Loma at anything to land enough power shots on him to slow him down and hurt him. Instead of puncher chance I would say Mikey has a very skilled, complete technical boxer with a strength/durability/punching power advantage chance in the fight. And how many times have we seen timing defeat speed in boxing, Mikey's style and skill is perfect for timing and countering speed.

I don't think either fighter has an issue with fighting each other. It's just the business of boxing, they'll fight other fighters to build the match up before facing eachother.

The problem with this is you're assuming that Garcia will be able to time Loma but are forgetting that Loma has the best timing in the game bar none and is faster. It will be Lomachenko timing Mikey not the other way around. Garcia does everything well but he's not that special at anything. Loma does everything fantastically well except for power. Power is the advantage that Mikey has but he has to land it on one of the hardest guys to hit in the game. I can't see anything but a Lomachenko victory if they ever fight.

I don't think there is much chance of Garcia flat out outboxing Lomachenko. Still, he is a very good boxer and a bigger man. He has the ability to be effective from the outside with his jab (one of the better ones in the sport) and set shots up. Even if he's landing fewer shots, the size and power difference can change the dynamic of the fight quickly. With time, Lomachenko could start to break down, become more gunshy, start taking fewer chances, etc.. When you factor in Garcia's skill with his size and power advantage, it becomes hard for me to relegate his chances to that of merely a puncher praying for a single big shot to change the fight.
The size and power thing is getting overblown imo. Folks talk like Garcia has a touch of death punch and Loma will just crumble if hes touched.

when loma beats the brakes off of linares people will say he beat up a guy that quit in every one of his losses.

and they will forever bring up the fact that salido "beat" him, because no other great fighter has ever lost a fight, especially not in a legitimate matter.
When it happens Loma beat the guy that Garcia wouldnt fight. Theres no more excuses for resume etc.

When it happens Loma beat the guy that Garcia wouldnt fight. Theres no more excuses for resume etc.

Mikey doesn't want the Lomachenko fight (at least at Lightweight). He'll likely vacate his WBC title and is talking about taking some fights at Welterweight.

"Right now it is most likely that he will remain at 140 pounds. It was his [second] fight [at the weight] and he looked good. He took some risks on some occasions and he was hit, but we were surprised by just how well he did at the weight. I think at 140 he's very strong, and we will see what happens," Robert Garcia told ESPN Deportes.
Mikey Garcia May Remain at 140-Pounds After Loma-Linares Deal

The size and power thing is getting overblown imo. Folks talk like Garcia has a touch of death punch and Loma will just crumble if hes touched.

Who says this? Garcia is a good puncher (clearly the best one Lomachenko has faced) and is bigger than Lomachenko. Those are things to factor into this fight.

Who says this? Garcia is a good puncher (clearly the best one Lomachenko has faced) and is bigger than Lomachenko. Those are things to factor into this fight.

Same two guys that say Loma is highly overrated and cherry picks opponents and that he is ducking Mikey. When in reality Mikey said he wanted to fight Loma and Loma said hell yes so Mikey changed his tune and said Loma will be his opponent after THREE other fights.

Same two guys that say Loma is highly overrated and cherry picks opponents and that he is ducking Mikey. When in reality Mikey said he wanted to fight Loma and Loma said hell yes so Mikey changed his tune and said Loma will be his opponent after THREE other fights.

Does Lipinets count toward one of those three fights? According to Robert he's "most likely" going to stay at 140 and take select fights at 147.

Does Lipinets count toward one of those three fights? According to Robert he's "most likely" going to stay at 140 and take select fights at 147.

Sometimes. He talks out of his ass all day long. His original list was Lipnets then unification with Linares and then up to 147 to fight Spence(haha my fucking ass)and then possibly Lomanchenko.

"I would rather fight Spence [if both he and Lomachenko were on the table]. Its a bigger challenge, a bigger weight class. People may not take me serious, but I'm coming to welterweight later. That's going to happen. Whether it's at the end of this year or next year - I'm coming," Garcia told BoxingScene.com.

"I have to get done with these fights first at lightweight and super lightweight. But Ill be at welterweight soon, and if the opponent is offered and presented - I might be there even sooner. I would love the opportunity to fight Thurman or Spence. If you are going to challenge for a championship, you may as well do it against the best fighter.

"I don't want to take easy fights. I want something that's excites me, that motivates me. A title and a big name motivates me. And if its Spence or Thurman, those are the biggest names at welterweight."

Yet assholes here still say Loma is ducking Mikey. Sure he is. Just like Thurman ducks Mikey and Spence is ducking him too I guess.

Read the thread.

Read the thread.

The most I've seen is that people think that Garcia's power will cause Lomachenko to break down if he lands consistently. Now that's debatable, but it's hardly absurd. I don't think I see anyone say that Garcia is going to melt Lomachenko if he lands.

Sometimes. He talks out of his ass all day long. His original list was Lipnets then unification with Linares and then up to 147 to fight Spence(haha my fucking ass)and then possibly Lomanchenko.

"I would rather fight Spence [if both he and Lomachenko were on the table]. Its a bigger challenge, a bigger weight class. People may not take me serious, but I'm coming to welterweight later. That's going to happen. Whether it's at the end of this year or next year - I'm coming," Garcia told BoxingScene.com.

"I have to get done with these fights first at lightweight and super lightweight. But Ill be at welterweight soon, and if the opponent is offered and presented - I might be there even sooner. I would love the opportunity to fight Thurman or Spence. If you are going to challenge for a championship, you may as well do it against the best fighter.

"I don't want to take easy fights. I want something that's excites me, that motivates me. A title and a big name motivates me. And if its Spence or Thurman, those are the biggest names at welterweight."

Yet assholes here still say Loma is ducking Mikey. Sure he is. Just like Thurman ducks Mikey and Spence is ducking him too I guess.

He contradicts himself every week. Last week he felt the best at 135 and that it was his best division and now he feels good at 140 and Robert believes he's most likely going to stay there. He isn't just division hopping he's shopping around for opponents that are low risk (to keep his 0) and look good on paper. Frequently name dropping opponents that aren't even realistic just keeps his name in the headlines to create buzz for potential fights that are very unlikely to materialize. I've lost respect for him (outside of the ring, not inside) because he just talks and talks too much these days.

He contradicts himself every week. Last week he felt the best at 135 and that it was his best division and now he feels good at 140 and Robert believes he's most likely going to stay there. He isn't just division hopping he's shopping around for opponents that are low risk (to keep his 0) and look good on paper. Frequently name dropping opponents that aren't even realistic just keeps his name in the headlines to create buzz for potential fights that are very unlikely to materialize. I've lost respect for him (outside of the ring, not inside) because he just talks and talks too much these days.

100% agreed.

The combination of him waiting to retire as soon as possible and his brother/trainer not waiting him to ever risk taking damage or losing a fight is making his career a joke. Dude is going to hang up his gloves with his best win being against fucking Broner.

Wanted Loma, changed his mind. Wanted Cotto, changed his mind. Claims he wanted Linares now that he signed to fight Loma. Time to take another two years off and wait for the dangerous fighters to take each other out instead of fighting anyone good.

Salido did beat him. Why can't people bring it up?

100% agreed.

The combination of him waiting to retire as soon as possible and his brother/trainer not waiting him to ever risk taking damage or losing a fight is making his career a joke. Dude is going to hang up his gloves with his best win being against fucking Broner.

Wanted Loma, changed his mind. Wanted Cotto, changed his mind. Claims he wanted Linares now that he signed to fight Loma. Time to take another two years off and wait for the dangerous fighters to take each other out instead of fighting anyone good.
He's beaten better competition than Lomachenko has.

The problem with this is you're assuming that Garcia will be able to time Loma but are forgetting that Loma has the best timing in the game bar none and is faster. It will be Lomachenko timing Mikey not the other way around. Garcia does everything well but he's not that special at anything. Loma does everything fantastically well except for power. Power is the advantage that Mikey has but he has to land it on one of the hardest guys to hit in the game. I can't see anything but a Lomachenko victory if they ever fight.

The question is not if Mikey will be able to time Loma but how often he will be able to do it. I honestly feel like Mikey is being very underrated because he is not just a solid fighter he has great technical skills and a fight IQ to match. I have no doubt that Loma will have an advantage when the fight starts in terms of landing punches due to his speed and skill, but I am confident that Mikey can land enough sharp shots during these initial rounds to punish and slow down Loma and make him much more reluctant to let his hands go. I have no doubt that Loma is going to time Mikey, but I also have no doubt that Mikey will do the same, just not as often at first. Mikey might give up the early rounds in terms of landed punches, but I see him wearing Loma down as the the fight goes on, and if Mikey is able to slow the fight down that will play into Mikey's strengths. One thing is for sure, Mikey definitely has to be willing to take a few punches to land a few to win this fight but it is well within his ability to achieve given his size and strength advantage. My main point is a fight between the two is no walk in the park for either fighter. It will be a real great competitive fight, but in my opinion I got Mikey winning.

Salido did beat him. Why can't people bring it up?

the same reason you'd laugh at them for bringing up rustico torrecampo in an attempt to discredit manny pacquiao. manny is an all time great? pha, all time greats don't get ko'd by fucking torrecampo!

lomachenko is making really good fighters look like they have no business being in the ring with him, and it's fascinating people to the point that they're calling him great - and every time that happens, someone brings up fucking salido. as if salido didn't come in heavy. as if he didn't punch his nuts all night. as if it wasn't a contested split decision on top of all that.

do we criticize cotto for getting his face caved in by scum margarito with his loaded gloves? do we go "well that's pro boxing"? because apparently, that's a valid excuse for salido's bullshit. no, we know the loss wasn't legitimate, and we know cotto is a bad motherfucker. anyone trying to criticise the man is ridiculed, and rightfully so. we don't just look at his record and act like the win and loss columns are all there is to the man.

there's nothing wrong with bringing up salido if you're trying to say that roughing up lomachenko on the inside is the best way to go about beating him. that's completely valid. but being intentionally ignorant of everything that happened in that fight and simply throwing out the result as if it paints the complete picture is obnoxious. lomachenko has adapted, he doesn't look like a deer in headlights when he's fouled, he isn't as inactive as he was in that fight, and he's making legitimate champions look like fucking chumps. he is the truth.

saying you don't like him is fine. saying there are guys out there who will beat him is fine. criticising his opposition is kinda weak, but also fine. but acting as if a cheating bastard squeaking out a W over him in his second fight invalidates everything he's done since is stupid. especially since we all (salido included) know vasyl would fucking murder him in a rematch.

Back