***The Official SANCTIONED Sergey Lipinets vs Mikey Garcia RBR Thread 10:15PM EST Showtime***

I thought MMAth was designated to the Heavies forum.

But Ill play. Its a lot easier to beat someone when they arent punching you in the balls non stop.
Well, at least I'm comparing a common opponent and not using the awesomosity scale. You've presented nothing to support your posts so don't act like I'm grasping at straws.

Oh heres another one. How about beating Salido when he actually makes weight?

Irrelevant like these nut barrages right?

Well, at least I'm comparing a common opponent and not using the awesomosity scale. You've presented nothing to support your posts so don't act like I'm grasping at straws.
Patently false on every level.

Too slow. Too low of a work rate. Not going to maul his ballsack like Salido. Doesnt have the ability to slow Loma down. Wont be able to handle the angles.

All has been discussed youre just putting your head in the sand and saying “But Salido!” “But Power!”

Patently false on every level.

Too slow. Too low of a work rate. Not going to maul his ballsack like Salido. Doesnt have the ability to slow Loma down. Wont be able to handle the angles.

All has been discussed youre just putting your head in the sand and saying “But Salido!” “But Power!”

No, I pointed out that he couldn't handle a guy who could get past his punches.
Garcia isn't slow. Salido was no Pacquiao himself. Garcia isn't a workrate guy, he's a counter puncher. Work rate goes out the window vs a guy with good counter punching ability and you know it, especially when the counter puncher is the bigger stronger guy.

I believe Garcia would be just as dazzling vs anyone Lomachenko has fought.

Fight will never happen anyway but Garcia wins if it does. KO maybe.

Mikey said he'll go back to Lightweight to unify (we'll see) once and then move to Junior Welterweight and entertained the idea of taking some fights at Welterweight. He ruled out fighting Lomachenko at 135 despite him (Mikey) being the #1 guy there and a current titlist.

Because it doesn't matter. Every other big name Salido fought handled him. Gamboa got past his rough stuff. Garcia managed a win against Salido's rough tactics.

Gamboa was floored, which you forgot to mention, when he fought Salido. Mikey "quit" according to you when he fought Salido and when Salido got his second wind he was getting to Mikey before the headbutt that broke his nose.

Here's another common opponent that we can compare (timestamped)

What we saw in that fight was a guy who got past Lomachenko's punches and could work on the inside. Precisely the sort of guy they have avoided since.
It was his second pro fight, against a known cheater, way above weight, with dirty tactics, and he barely won. This version of Loma would put a beating on any version of Salido. The fact that Garcia shows no interest in fighting Loma, a guy significantly smaller than him, says it all.

No, I pointed out that he couldn't handle a guy who could get past his punches.
Garcia isn't slow. Salido was no Pacquiao himself. Garcia isn't a workrate guy, he's a counter puncher. Work rate goes out the window vs a guy with good counter punching ability and you know it, especially when the counter puncher is the bigger stronger guy.

I believe Garcia would be just as dazzling vs anyone Lomachenko has fought.
You pointed out nonsense. That fight was a joke and some of the worst reffing of all time. Its absolutely comical that the guy who lost his shit over Maidana/Floyd uses this shitbag of a performance by Salido as a measuring stick.

You made my point for me. Garcia is a counter puncher who will get diced up by the faster, more skilled Lomachenko. Loma is in and out before Mikey lands.

Mikey said he'll go back to Lightweight to unify (we'll see) once and then move to Junior Welterweight and entertained the idea of taking some fights at Welterweight. He ruled out fighting Lomachenko at 135 despite him (Mikey) being the #1 guy there and a current titlist.
I don't see it happening.

Gamboa was floored, which you forgot to mention, when he fought Salido. Mikey "quit" according to you when he fought Salido and when Salido got his second wind he was getting to Mikey before the headbutt that broke his nose.
Gamboa and Garcia both beat Salido. Lomachenko didn't. Lomachenko never even dropped him, did he?

Here's another common opponent that we can compare (timestamped)

Seen it. Whats the point? Garcia beat the guy 3 years before Lomachenko did. He beat fresher versions of both Salido and Martinez.

Cant imagine why Mikey is showing zero interest in fighting Loma.

You pointed out nonsense. That fight was a joke and some of the worst reffing of all time. Its absolutely comical that the guy who lost his shit over Maidana/Floyd uses this shitbag of a performance by Salido as a measuring stick.
Excuses, excuses.

You made my point for me. Garcia is a counter puncher who will get diced up by the faster, more skilled Lomachenko. Loma is in and out before Mikey lands.
Counter punchers beat workrate fighters all the time.

Garcia has fought and beaten better competition. You're basing his ability to walk over Garcia on literally nothing. He's not fighting anyone that would make Garcia break a sweat.

Excuses, excuses.

Counter punchers beat workrate fighters all the time.

Garcia has fought and beaten better competition. You're basing his ability to walk over Garcia on literally nothing. He's not fighting anyone that would make Garcia break a sweat.
Is it true or false that you arent allowed to punch in the nuts? Is it true or false youre supposed to come in at the weight limit and not over it? These are facts.

Garcia doesnt have the output necessary to beat Loma. His giant cinder block head will be target practice.

Garcia has done fuck all as impressively as what Loma is doing.

Is it true or false that you arent allowed to punch in the nuts? Is it true or false youre supposed to come in at the weight limit and not over it? These are facts.

Garcia doesnt have the output necessary to beat Loma. His giant cinder block head will be target practice.

Garcia has done fuck all as impressively as what Loma is doing.
I bet people thought Floyd didn't have the output to beat Pac. Or Bernard to beat Pavlik. Workrate goes out the window when you fight a guy who can jab and counter, both of which Garcia does masterfully.

My god I cant wait until Loma whoops Linares ass lol.

I bet people thought Floyd didn't have the output to beat Pac. Or Bernard to beat Pavlik. Workrate goes out the window when you fight a guy who can jab and counter, both of which Garcia does masterfully.
Hes too slow.

No he isnt. At all. Rigo is hilariously better at that and he couldnt do a thing.

Mikey’s power is irrelevant because he wont land it.

Mikey is significantly more skilled and technical then Salido who had success against Loma, and is a much better puncher then Rigo. And Mikey is in his prime and we can't say the same thing about Rigo when he fought loma. Plus Mikey is bigger stronger fighter and will be able to, bully Loma physically and take a shot to land something sharp on Loma which will be to Mikey's advantage. I mean Loma's a great talent as is Mikey but the size difference and level of Mikey's technical skill will make this a competitive fight where I see mikey coming out on top. Far less skilled fighters then mikey have landed on Loma, he's good but he aint floyd.

Funny, he beat Salido a lot cleaner. Outboxed him a lot easier.
you and I both gave Mikey shit for quitting in that fight, tho. I really don't care about this Loma/Mikey debate atm but at least Loma didn't quit. You have to admit that in his favor, right?

other than that yeah Mikey whooped on Salido. Then Salido came back a bit and Mikey quit b/c his nose.

Punchers chance. Not a good one.
Eh, Loma's been touched, just not by anyone who was gonna keep him honest. Mikey can do that and will bring the best out of him. That's a tough fight.

Back