• Argentina need a new penalty taker

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • tl;dr fapping over Birkir Bjarnason

Votes: 12 25.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
<Wenger85>
The whole team was wank. Especially Hummels, not sure why Ozil is getting all of the heat.
1. He doesn't get all of the heat
2. If sometimes he gets it worse than anyone else then it is because he is invisible time and time again (club and national team), but you already know that ;)

2. If sometimes he gets it worse than anyone else then it is because he is invisible time and time again (club and national team), but you already know that ;)
Not his fault that his team mates cant hit the target is it? 23 shots and 9 hit the target.

Not his fault that his team mates cant hit the target is it? 23 shots and 9 hit the target.
No, his no shows are his fault tho.

He wasn't the worst player but didn't do much either, plus his "defending" for the goal pissed off many people. Already a mistake that he had to defend there tbf.

Since he joined the prem he's created more goals than anyone else in the same time period, IIRC he had a similar stat when in La Liga. He has his faults (can be a coward sometimes) and looks like he doesn't give a fook, but he's still a top player.

From wah tI saw online, people were grilling him for getting beaten for the goal, but he was one of the few that actually tried to track back and cover for Hummels' mistake.

Since he joined the prem he's created more goals than anyone else in the same time period, IIRC he had a similar stat when in La Liga. He has his faults (can be a coward sometimes) and looks like he doesn't give a fook, but he's still a top player.

From wah tI saw online, people were grilling him for getting beaten for the goal, but he was one of the few that actually tried to track back and cover for Hummels' mistake.
He is a top player against average teams and puts in embarrassing performances too often against good/tough teams, that is the whole criticism of him. No one denies his skills, not even me. :D

Most people on the internet (and in general) are stupid tbf. He shouldn't have been the one to defend in this position, that is correct. But he could have done better there no doubt.

Kinda funny, some time ago (precisely when Bummels was still at Dortmund) Hummels would have gotten absolutely roasted for that performance in the media, now that he is at Buyern no one says anything.

costanza-answering-machine.gif

He is a top player against average teams and puts in embarrassing performances too often against good/tough teams, that is the whole criticism of him. No one denies his skills, not even me. :D

Most people on the internet (and in general) are stupid tbf. He shouldn't have been the one to defend in this position, that is correct. But he could have done better there no doubt.

Kinda funny, some time ago (precisely when Bummels was still at Dortmund) Hummels would have gotten absolutely roasted for that performance in the media, now that he is at Buyern no one says anything.

Hummels and Boateng were woeful. It was like they'd never played together before. Odd. Muller was completely ineffective and Werner looked lost.

The way they got caught on the counter so often, it felt like watching Arsenal with Mustafi having a 'mare out there. If that was against a team like Liverpool, it genuinely could have ended up 8-0

Hummels and Boateng were woeful. It was like they'd never played together before. Odd. Muller was completely ineffective and Werner looked lost.

The way they got caught on the counter so often, it felt like watching Arsenal with Mustafi having a 'mare out there. If that was against a team like Liverpool, it genuinely could have ended up 8-0
Yeah both CBs looked pretty shit, Müller scores his goals but imo he has never been a top player skill wise, usually looks shit when his team isn't very dominant. The striker is definitely a problem for Germany, Werner didn't even overtake Auba this season who only played 16 games. Then you have Gomez who is good but not elite either, probably a better fit than Werner tho.

If Löw doesn't strenghten the midfield then they are done anyway. They looked just as lost against Saudi Arabia and Austria, but he doesn't seem to react at all.

Hey dudes,

Got back home yesterday from Frankfurt yesterday afternoon, so am a still jet-lagged.

Some quick football thoughts from my time in Italy and Spain.

On Griezmann -- The Decision -- Se Queda:

I'm not a fan of his as I've mentioned before -- but I'm happy seeing Atleti (we) are finally capable of keeping out biggest stars (and actually finally being a top club and winning cups)... Also, Atleti keeping Grizzi keeps the league more balanced.

I was in Seville when the France press conference took place and was watching it on GOL at the hotel and it didn't go over well with the Spanish media as they were expecting him to mention his decision.

I was in Valencia for the Decision special, but I couldn't watch it as 0 de Movistar wasn't available at my hotel (and I also went to eat paella with my wife that night after having done the Mestalla tour earlier in the morning, more on that later for those interested...) -- Grizzi is a huge NBA fan and was just pulling a LeBron I'm taking my talents to South Beach. You can criticize him for this all you want, but it was brilliant.

For those unaware, Piqué actually helped him with the documentary. Piqué has worked with Kosmos Studios, so he was the hook up. They recorded two endings, one where Grizzi said he was staying and one where he announced he was leaving to Barcelona. Piqué knew he was staying the day the documentary was going to air and informed Barcelona about his decision. Piqué seems to like Grizzi and defended his decision and took a jab at the Barcelona board for not pulling off the transfer and pretty much going public with the negotiation instead of keeping quiet.

This Grizzi to Barcelona saga was the United saga all over again, but this time it was much closer to occurring. Simeone and Godín were fundamental in keeping Grizzi along with his new contract. Signing Thomas Lemar was a huge hint before the documentary there was a very good chance Grizzi was staying.

Barcelona reps and their board need to keep their traps shut. Had they kept their mouths closed, this entire fiasco wouldn't have developed the way it did. Bartomeu is the worse rep of the club -- he's gotten a ton of heat for saying he wants Messi to win the World Cup which is something that didn't go over well with Sergio, Jordi Alba or Andres Iniesta who are currently playing with la Roja.

On the Julen Lopetegui getting sacked by Luis Rubiales for signing with Madrid...

Horrible move and proves how selfish Madrid are. Lopetegui had signed a contract extension until 2023 (I believe it was) to continue managing la Roja 3 weeks before signing with Madrid. Glad Rubiales sacked him.

And this should be common knowledge, but the Spanish media is truly clueless though and a lot of their transfer rumors should be taken with a grain of salt. When Lopetegui got sacked, they were saying someone else (who I can't remember off the top of my head) was taking over temporarily for Lopetegui and Guillem Balague (horrible pundit and journalist for Spanish football who just pretty much provides second handed news he hears on Onda Cero and all those other Spanish media outlets).

I'm sure the Culé's (Dapsi, Che, etc.) in the thread also know of Gerard Romero -- that dude is another clueless buffoon. Don't buy his into stuff.

I'll post some general thoughts on both countries and the cities I got to visit a little later with a handful of photos I got a chance to take (focused mostly on enjoyment and less on taking photos and videos -- visited all the tourist spots and a ton of football stadiums) (yes Chooles, I have some photos of some of the foods I ate, so I'll post those later too).

ITV production is Fox Sports 1 levels of ineptitude, very impressive

Also:

_102071940_gettyimages-975493970.jpg

DAAAAAAAAAAAADY!

Lost it when he scored the first goal against Portugal.

Was going to watch the game on a big screen at a park in Barcelona with Spaniards, but y'know, Spaniards and Catalans aren't exactly getting along rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back