• Argentina need a new penalty taker

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • tl;dr fapping over Birkir Bjarnason

Votes: 12 25.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brutal.

It's time to unify the division but right now I see him as the king of the Welterweight division.

WW is stacked. So much talent in there. Getting to the point where we're gonna have to see the guys I'm a fan of face each other. I kind of like those moments though, you don't know who you're a bigger fan of until one dud starts losing, then the truth comes out.

Spence Vs Bud would be emotional for me.

Hey dudes,

Got back home yesterday from Frankfurt yesterday afternoon, so am a still jet-lagged.

Some quick football thoughts from my time in Italy and Spain.

On Griezmann -- The Decision -- Se Queda:

I'm not a fan of his as I've mentioned before -- but I'm happy seeing Atleti (we) are finally capable of keeping out biggest stars (and actually finally being a top club and winning cups)... Also, Atleti keeping Grizzi keeps the league more balanced.

I was in Seville when the France press conference took place and was watching it on GOL at the hotel and it didn't go over well with the Spanish media as they were expecting him to mention his decision.

I was in Valencia for the Decision special, but I couldn't watch it as 0 de Movistar wasn't available at my hotel (and I also went to eat paella with my wife that night after having done the Mestalla tour earlier in the morning, more on that later for those interested...) -- Grizzi is a huge NBA fan and was just pulling a LeBron I'm taking my talents to South Beach. You can criticize him for this all you want, but it was brilliant.

For those unaware, Piqué actually helped him with the documentary. Piqué has worked with Kosmos Studios, so he was the hook up. They recorded two endings, one where Grizzi said he was staying and one where he announced he was leaving to Barcelona. Piqué knew he was staying the day the documentary was going to air and informed Barcelona about his decision. Piqué seems to like Grizzi and defended his decision and took a jab at the Barcelona board for not pulling off the transfer and pretty much going public with the negotiation instead of keeping quiet.

This Grizzi to Barcelona saga was the United saga all over again, but this time it was much closer to occurring. Simeone and Godín were fundamental in keeping Grizzi along with his new contract. Signing Thomas Lemar was a huge hint before the documentary there was a very good chance Grizzi was staying.

Barcelona reps and their board need to keep their traps shut. Had they kept their mouths closed, this entire fiasco wouldn't have developed the way it did. Bartomeu is the worse rep of the club -- he's gotten a ton of heat for saying he wants Messi to win the World Cup which is something that didn't go over well with Sergio, Jordi Alba or Andres Iniesta who are currently playing with la Roja.

On the Julen Lopetegui getting sacked by Luis Rubiales for signing with Madrid...

Horrible move and proves how selfish Madrid are. Lopetegui had signed a contract extension until 2023 (I believe it was) to continue managing la Roja 3 weeks before signing with Madrid. Glad Rubiales sacked him.

And this should be common knowledge, but the Spanish media is truly clueless though and a lot of their transfer rumors should be taken with a grain of salt. When Lopetegui got sacked, they were saying someone else (who I can't remember off the top of my head) was taking over temporarily for Lopetegui and Guillem Balague (horrible pundit and journalist for Spanish football who just pretty much provides second handed news he hears on Onda Cero and all those other Spanish media outlets).

I'm sure the Culé's (Dapsi, Che, etc.) in the thread also know of Gerard Romero -- that dude is another clueless buffoon. Don't buy his into stuff.

I'll post some general thoughts on both countries and the cities I got to visit a little later with a handful of photos I got a chance to take (focused mostly on enjoyment and less on taking photos and videos -- visited all the tourist spots and a ton of football stadiums) (yes Chooles, I have some photos of some of the foods I ate, so I'll post those later too).

Edwin BLESS

I don't think anyone thought that the cringey Griezmann "La Decision" special was a good idea, I like him as a player but it seems like he personifies everything that is wrong with modern football players and social media stuff in general. Glad that he stays at Atleti, too. Lemar, Costa, Griezmann bah gawd. :D

The current Barca entourage is really one of the worst kind in their field. The way they handled the Coutinho and Dumbele negotiations (especially telling them to strike) was the absolute opposite of what the club wants to stand for. These two transfers are only two popular examples, apparently they handle nearly every approach to players like that. You can't market the "good club vs. bad club" angle in regards to Real and then do business in a much worse manner than Real, doesn't work.

Hope you enjoyed Germany/Merkelny. :)

Brutal.

It's time to unify the division but right now I see him as the king of the Welterweight division.

WW is stacked. So much talent in there. Getting to the point where we're gonna have to see the guys I'm a fan of face each other. I kind of like those moments though, you don't know who you're a bigger fan of until one dud starts losing, then the truth comes out.

I think Bud beats him, he's so fleet footed and switch hits and does all this stuff that I don't know if such a straight-forward fighter as Spence can really neutralize. Hope Spence gets Ugas next. This "mandatory" was a bit of a joke.

I don't think anyone thought that the cringey Griezmann "La Decision" special was a good idea, I like him as a player but it seems like he personifies everything that is wrong with modern football players and social media stuff in general.
Him and his brother are just milking every little out of it that they can.

Piqué's take was basically -- it was different, but well executed.

Seeing how football has been guiding itself towards that avenue, don't be surprised if we see more of these moving forward...

Hope you enjoyed Germany/Merkelny. :)
Was only at the airport briefly.

I will say, I found women from Spain more attractive than Italian women, except for the Catalan female feminist hipsters in Barcelona with half shaved heads and bad tattoos.

Tules would go crazy in Barcelona.

I will say, I found women from Spain more attractive than Italian women, except for the Catalan female feminist hipsters in Barcelona with half shaved heads and bad tattoos.

Tules would go crazy in Barcelona.
<TrumpWrong1>

I think Bud beats him, he's so fleet footed and switch hits and does all this stuff that I don't know if such a straight-forward fighter as Spence can really neutralize. Hope Spence gets Ugas next. This "mandatory" was a bit of a joke.

Whatever the outcome, I just hope the fight happens. I wouldn't mind seeing Spence vs the winner of Garcia/Porter first though.

No, his no shows are his fault tho.

He wasn't the worst player but didn't do much either, plus his "defending" for the goal pissed off many people. Already a mistake that he had to defend there tbf.
So lets see if Kane keeps taking corner kicks like he did in the Euros :p

I didn't fuck around with my too much just had to fix the motion shit for watching sports v normal TV. Oh and turned off some weird dimmer thing that would make the screen dark when my room is dark....

I wish there was gamma correct or a photoshop like custom transfer function so that I could tune it for shit like this. I have a wireless comm to an AI cloud system that can predict what I'm going to write in response to an email but I can't pic the brightness transfer function that I want on my TV. WTF?

Doubtful, but I do look forward to his free kicks! :D
IVyCXo0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back