The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great episode. That punch Goku landed was very satisfying. New transformation looks pretty bad ass too.

Have fans voiced out to inconsistent story telling?

And studios have responded back?

Im assuming goku is much stronger now since hes always been gifted to dramatically improve after each fight.

Still doesnt explain 17 being able to handle toppo and leave a mark on jiren

Either that or they are so powerful now that the zenkai boosts would be relatively small and insignificant.

It's something to note that in the manga Goku Black abused zenkai boosts to get powerful and attain SS Rose

I haven't watch much of the manga, didn't know about Black abusing it. Interesting, that probably explains why in the anime, Black power level rose so quickly from taking damage from SSJ2, to owning SSJ Blue so quickly.

I remember asking this in one of the older threads. Apparently there is a term for it and it's called ZenKai, I didn't know that until someone here told me as well. According to the answers I got when I asked the same questions previously. The Saiyans have already reach their limit for ZenKai, probably since DBZ, and can no longer power boost from near death experience anymore.

Either that or they are so powerful now that the zenkai boosts would be relatively small and insignificant.

<mma4>

Both explanations make the Saiyans similar to humans in that we all have a genetic limit we cannot go beyond in terms of building lean muscle mass after years of weightlifting. But then again we can always take gear to go beyond our limits. The thought of Vegeta and Goku taking some type of gear to keep surpassing every limit they come across...

<23>

Last edited:
But then again we can always take gear to go beyond our limits. The thought of Vegeta and Goku taking some type of gear to keep surpassing every limit they come across...

<23>
Yea it's called Senzu beans.

They should have brought Cell back.

Yea it's called Senzu beans.

No, senzu beans only heal injuries. But gear speeds up recovery after workouts allowing you to do another strenuous workout later that day or the next day AND (unnaturally) increases the production of test, lean muscle mass as well as enhance athletic and muscular performance. Senzu beans don't do all of that.

Last edited:
No, senzu beans only heal injuries. But gear speeds up recovery after workouts allowing you to do another strenuous workout later that day or the next day AND (unnaturally) increases the production of test, lean muscle mass as well as enhance athletic and muscular performance. Senzu beans don't do all of that.

Senzu beans give instant recovery. So if a saiyan is badly injured that’s an instant zenkai power boost. Also if they’re training the senzu beans help them recover and receive the benefits of that training session. Allowing them to resume training faster than they normally would which means they’d get stronger and progress a lot fast than normal... i think

Senzu beans heal injuries and give you back all your stamina in an instant. So they could do rigorous training, take a Senzu and immediately do another session of training

We know Whis has Ultra Instinct. I like an idea I read about Ultra Instinct causing white hair and that’s the reasons all the angels have white hair because they’re permanently in UI.

Nice thinking but all the Supreme Kai's have white hair as well IIRC

I am going to make some gifs of my favorite moments of this arc to go along with my favorite fights of super

Have fans voiced out to inconsistent story telling?

And studios have responded back?

Im assuming goku is much stronger now since hes always been gifted to dramatically improve after each fight.

Still doesnt explain 17 being able to handle toppo and leave a mark on jiren
To be fair 17 and 18 were modifed and started base level at above super sayian ....nothing to say they cant go higher esp as they have unlimited stamina to train with

The new episode wasn't great to me. I expected this to happen but I would have preferred Vegeta staying in the fight. It's so predictable that Goku deals with Jiren solo like he usually does.

The new episode wasn't great to me. I expected this to happen but I would have preferred Vegeta staying in the fight. It's so predictable that Goku deals with Jiren solo like he usually does.

Vegeta eliminated God Toppo

He got his spotlight

Sucks that we have to wait 2 weeks to see the next episode. And Goku's new transformation will probably be at the very end of the episode as well...Hopefully it is well animated, I really do like seeing the UI transformation, feels unique compared to transformations from before.

after hearing the same speech from vegeta 5 times over i'm glad they finally got him outta there.

Last edited:
Sucks that we have to wait 2 weeks to see the next episode. And Goku's new transformation will probably be at the very end of the episode as well...Hopefully it is well animated, I really do like seeing the UI transformation, feels unique compared to transformations from before.

UI is epic

Here is a sneak peak of a moment that will be on my list

Power scaling has been wack since the Sayian saga.. This is not just a Super thing..

Vegeta went from 20 thousand (end of Sayians arc) to close to Freeza 1st form.. (1m supposedly).. just from losing a few fights.. Zenkai boosts were all over the place making absolutely no sense

Vegeta went from getting owned by Zarbon.. to beating his ass (after being healed)..

Got outclassed by Recomme.. who had a PL of 40-60k or so (hard to remember).. then destroyed Jiece in seconds..

Then Somehow was able to fight Freeza (first form).. who was miles and miles above that kind of power

TDLR I'd love if they stripped everything back and had proper scaling.. it's never gonna happen though and it's been a mess since early DBZ

Good Lord the manga for this arc is awesome.. way better then the anime.. no messing around from the start.. and Jiren is actually fighting

Good Lord the manga for this arc is awesome.. way better then the anime.. no messing around from the start.. and Jiren is actually fighting
Just saw some scans for the new chapter and you nailed it. Everyone is serious from the start. 17, 18, Frieza and Vegeta already have eliminations. Jiren is wasting no time and it's more of a brawl instead of "let's all gang up on Goku."

Another interesting change from the anime is Gohan wearing Piccolo's gi instead of Goku's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back