The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new episode wasn't great to me. I expected this to happen but I would have preferred Vegeta staying in the fight. It's so predictable that Goku deals with Jiren solo like he usually does.

Goku routinely holds back, is always overconfident, makes errors in judgment and has to be saved quite often yet he's always the one who saves the day. o_O

Senzu beans give instant recovery. So if a saiyan is badly injured that’s an instant zenkai power boost. Also if they’re training the senzu beans help them recover and receive the benefits of that training session. Allowing them to resume training faster than they normally would which means they’d get stronger and progress a lot fast than normal... i think

Senzu beans heal injuries and give you back all your stamina in an instant. So they could do rigorous training, take a Senzu and immediately do another session of training

Come on now guys. You know senzu beans is not known for, behaves like nor used as gear in the DB Universe. No one in DB Universe uses senzu beans that way and neither is it ever implied throughout the entire series that it functions that way. If the DB writers wanted to make senzu beans the same thing as gear they could have easily and unambiguously done so.

EDIT: The closest thing DB Universe has to what behaves like gear to real people is the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

Bullshit writing but cant complain since their "star"goku is the main character of the show and we still got our nostalgia back.

I was expecting a cliff hanger, suprises but naw...its the same generic chet.

Shouldve saved this new form for dragonball's complete closing.

UI is definitely one of the coolest transformations ever

The way Goku is able to move really makes for some awesome looking scenes

UI Goku is definitely one of the coolest transformations ever

The way Goku is able to move really makes for some awesome looking scenes

Would they be so bold to leave a Cliff Hanger ending ?

Freeza's wish looms.

Would they be so bold to leave a Cliff Hanger ending ?

Freeza's wish looms.

I think we have 3 outcomes that each have about an equal chance of happening

1. Goku beats Jiren straight up and wins MVP
2. Goku and Jiren fight to a Time Limit DRAW..Universe 7 wins due to having more people left
3. Goku and Jiren both fall out leaving Frieza as the sole survivor

I dont think Universe 7 is going to lose

Come on now guys. You know senzu beans is not known for, behaves like nor used as gear in the DB Universe. No one in DB Universe uses senzu beans that way and neither is it ever implied throughout the entire series that it functions that way. If the DB writers wanted to make senzu beans the same thing as gear they could have easily and unambiguously done so.

EDIT: The closest thing DB Universe has to what behaves like gear to real people is the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

Senzu beans help you fully recover.

You get stronger after fully recovering

Therefore you get stronger if you have a senzu bean after training.

They don’t magically make you stronger by just eating them. But if you’re taking them after training they would.

Remember Goku’s strength increase on his way to namek? Continuous training in high gravity along with senzu beans that allowed him to recover immediately. Which meant he could get straight back to training instead of resting up and healing which could take days/weeks.

As for it helping with a zenkai powerup. In the the namek saga we saw the saiyans get stronger because Dende’s healing power which acts exactly like a senzu bean. His power doesn’t make you stronger but since saiyans get stronger when they recover from serious injury from battle or training. When he healed them to full recovery they got stronger. Vegeta states this and tries to exploit it against Freeza.

So the mvp gets the wish? Does the mvp have to win it? Or does Mvp mean something different in Japan? Cause I would say Android 17 and Vegeta have a shot otherwise

Would be a cool way for Vegeta to keep his wish to Caba

Looks like Frieza is going to win since hes not even being mentioned. Goku and Jiren double KO while Freiza hides. Freiza turns good and wishes everyone back.

Seems weird but maybe

Looks like Frieza is going to win since hes not even being mentioned. Goku and Jiren double KO while Freiza hides. Freiza turns good and wishes everyone back.

Seems weird but maybe
I sure hope not, I think they have gone to the well enough for with Freiza being the big bad.

I'm re-watching the original Dragon Ball series and its so dark

People die straight up. Mercenary Tao killing people like it ain't shit.

Red Ribbon Army throwing people into lakes to get eaten by alligators.

Last edited:

and the nudity. don't forget about Bulma showering, flashing, and getting her panties taken off.

I think what I missed about DB was the adventure of it. The long training. It was just fun. DBZ had bits of that up to a certain point and then it just became one slug-fest after another. And I"m not caught up on Super (reading manga) and it's just all fights.

Im not reading these threads cause I dont want spoilers.

I love dragon ball super dubbed and couldnt handle subbed back in the day when I used to watch dragon ball z but the future trunks arc seems to be building up to something special. The VA is fantastic but I just wanna binge it at once, so anyone recommend the subbed? Im on Ep 52, but the subbed seems way ahead.

Im not reading these threads cause I dont want spoilers.

I love dragon ball super dubbed and couldnt handle subbed back in the day when I used to watch dragon ball z but the future trunks arc seems to be building up to something special. The VA is fantastic but I just wanna binge it at once, so anyone recommend the subbed? Im on Ep 52, but the subbed seems way ahead.
Well we are weeks away from the end of Dragon Ball Super with the sub. ALOT has happened.

Honestly the sub is terrible, I personally cannot stand the Japanese voice overs and stupid noises they make plus every character sounds the same almost to me but it's impossible not to watch it so I just put up with it.

Alot of moments are gonna be epic with the voice characters I grew up with, Schemmel etc.

Just hoping they actually have the same voice actors as they did for Z? Really hope so

Well we are weeks away from the end of Dragon Ball Super with the sub. ALOT has happened.

Honestly the sub is terrible, I personally cannot stand the Japanese voice overs and stupid noises they make plus every character sounds the same almost to me but it's impossible not to watch it so I just put up with it.

Alot of moments are gonna be epic with the voice characters I grew up with, Schemmel etc.

Just hoping they actually have the same voice actors as they did for Z? Really hope so
So I should just stick with the weekly dub? Why is the dub so far behind ffs, was hoping it'd be finished so I waited a couple years to watch it only to ind out its only 50+ episodes deep whilst the sub is soaring ahead.

So I should just stick with the weekly dub? Why is the dub so far behind ffs, was hoping it'd be finished so I waited a couple years to watch it only to ind out its only 50+ episodes deep whilst the sub is soaring ahead.
Yeah stick with the dub, from what I have read that is why it is coming to an end so they can catch everything up, sort the film and finish the manga.

Characters is vomiting blood after absorbing heavy shots. Super is all about saliva.

While waiting for the next Epi, I'm looking at manga version on youtube. I'm on Chapter 33 and just realised Roshi can't fly? How did I missed that after so many years. lol.

Manga power level indeed seems better, at least they don't have the recruitment fights where everyone seeming is on par with Goku Blue. 17 slightly edging SSJ3 Goku is reasonable as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back