The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frieza has no business being here at this point. Aside from the comedic relief of him getting his aaa kicked the fact that he outlasts Vegeta is bullshit. Toppo should have eliminated him.
It makes sense that he outlasts Vegeta. Frieza is sneaky and for 90% of he tournament, only went after weak targets. Vegeta actively seeks out the strong fighters

The fact that Vegeta made it to the end game with this strategy is a testament to his overwhelming strength (same goes for Goku and Jiren obviously)

Also FWIW, unless Goku eliminates Jiren, Vegeta by far has the most impressive elimination in the whole tournament.

Frieza has no business being here at this point. Aside from the comedic relief of him getting his aaa kicked the fact that he outlasts Vegeta is bullshit. Toppo should have eliminated him.

Frieza having no business at this point is exactly the reason he is still in the tournament.

He is going to pull some last second stunt, Goku breaks Jiren, KO him out and lax his defense, Frieza destroys the stage Goku is standing on, resulting in a double KO. Frieza steals/wins the Super Dragon Ball as reward. Beerus is shocked, Whis smirks, thinking Goku flaw in letting his guard down is still there after all this time, even with Mastered UI.

Hell of a cliffhanger to end the series. :D

Disappointed with the energy regains, Jiren legitimately should have won the Tournament.

I'm not too fond of this new grey-haired look. I preferred the black hair with the silver aura but whatever.

Vegeta, completely drained, still fought on while Goku was lying down on the job. This is the second time someone had to give him energy so he better not waste it

I'm not too fond of this new grey-haired look. I preferred the black hair with the silver aura but whatever.

Vegeta, completely drained, still fought on while Goku was lying down on the job. This is the second time someone had to give him energy so he better not waste it

It feels like Toriyama is giving tribute to the Fan Manga image of Dragon Ball AF.

I'm not too fond of this new grey-haired look. I preferred the black hair with the silver aura.

I feel the same way. As much potential as this arc had the writers always found ways to make us scratch our heads.

And Goku received a worse face fuck from Jiren than Vegeta did but he still doesn't end up with a golf ball eye. These writers are annoying as hell.

Can't wait to see Goku own Jiren. Still wondering who killed Jiren's parents.

I was elated to see Jiren's face and watching gasp for air when Goku landed that uppercut after going UI. I grew tired of his arrogance a long time ago.

Did they long abandon the Saiyan trait of getting stronger after near-death experiences?

Vegeta went out like a champ. I don't think they could wrench out the same emotions with Goku doing something similar.

UI Goku now hurting Jiren whereas before he couldn't do shit to him, now that's a storytelling problem. It's just another power scaling issue among many in the series. Goku couldn't even get a reaction out of Jiren when he went UI before, even when he went all out with that final flying punch Jiren just caught it (after which Goku powered down because he ran out of power). Goku didn't even make him flinch when Jiren just tanked UI Goku's assault in that episode. After that I just cannot buy that punch doing anything.
It's a real issue how they have treated God of Destruction Toppo and Jiren near the end, Aniraza looked more impressive taking on Blue Vegeta, Kaio Ken x20 Blue Goku, True Golden Frieza, powered up Ultimate Gohan, and powered up 17 at the same time and overpowering their combined beam without much effort. Hell 18 was helping that combined team earlier (though they all weren't powered up in those forms) and was taken out. Aniraza even sent a beam flying to Toppo, Jiren, and Dyspo (which Jiren dissipated). He even destroyed 17's barrier when 17 used it to fly through the energy ball and that wasn't even intentional the ball was just that powerful. If Jiren is supposed to be beyond even Aniraza they are doing a piss poor job of showing it in these final episodes after U3 was eliminated.
I mean the extended preview of 129 shows UI Goku failing against a non-powered up Jiren, but that punch at the end of 128 shouldn't have even registered, it was just a plot device and not consistent storytelling.
I'm still betting on mastered UI Goku not actually beating Jiren, and powered up Jiren and mastered UI Goku just fight long enough for time to run out and Frieza to pop out of the rubble and U7 to get the win based on having more contestants left. The anime is leaving enough hints with Frieza missing but never counted as being eliminated, and the whole storyline with Jiren only being able to count on himself whereas Goku can count on his teammates, with even a former enemy in Frieza being one he can count on. I hope the manga does a whole lot better with this; it has so far, I just want to see something different and better than what the anime has done.

I was elated to see Jiren's face and watching gasp for air when Goku landed that uppercut after going UI. I grew tired of his arrogance a long time ago.

E70A73A8-AEED-409A-88EB-CB77B591CC59.jpeg That what you fucking get for underestimating Goku, BITCH!!!!!!!!

9AA78D48-9AF3-4C4D-82AA-47CF123FAFD5.jpeg

Isn’t Ultra Instinct all white? IMO, it makes sense, because this is a mastery of all transformations. All colors together make white. Super Sayian, Super Sayian God, Super Sayian Blue, Super Sayian Rose and finally Ultra Instinct.

I know Goku Black isn’t Goku, but he still transformed into Super Sayian Rose with Goku’s body.

i would've loved to seen buu in this torny just turning people into candy eating them tho that would've been op just turn jiren n toppo into candy.

Finally happy how Vegeta went out for once.. he didn't get his ass beat in his new form.. he was totally out of energy and still went out like a boss..

I still see so many stupid complaints though..

"Why doesn't Goku avoid Jiren with instant transmission" for the rest of the tournament.. Oh boy I am sure that would be fun to watch..

"Why isn't Jiren one shotting everyone?".. lol again that would be fun to watch.. have you guys ever watched a movie or even Dbz before?

Villians/antagonists constantly play around and don't win when they should.. what do you want 2 min episodes were Jiren one shots everyone?

Not sure if some of you even watched DBZ. Or it's this new generation thing were people moan about everything and get nostalgic over old stuff.. glossing over the fact that it wasn't perfect either.. But DBZ had tons of plot holes just like super..

Random ass Zenkais boosts etc

Who gives a shit though both were fun and not meant to be some brilliantly written tv series like the Sopranoes

I like how Vegeta went out in this episode. He’s definitely grown the most. It started at the end of Z and I like the fact that they’ve continued it in super.

We know Whis has Ultra Instinct. I like an idea I read about Ultra Instinct causing white hair and that’s the reasons all the angels have white hair because they’re permanently in UI.

Sheeeeiiiit Goku blanco confirmed. He's gonna look like the master from Kill Bill.

Vegeta totally drained and easily beaten. <DCrying>

Gonna get Hyped as fuck for the ending. Sucks they are taking next week off.

At this point I think it looks pretty certain planet sadal/salad is gonna be in the next movie.. been too many hints..

They already said it was about Sayians.. maybe Goku can take the movie off.. and my boy Vegeta can unlock UI on his trip to visit Cabba

Great episode. That punch Goku landed was very satisfying. New transformation looks pretty bad ass too.

Did they long abandon the Saiyan trait of getting stronger after near-death experiences?

I remember asking this in one of the older threads. Apparently there is a term for it and it's called ZenKai, I didn't know that until someone here told me as well. According to the answers I got when I asked the same questions previously. The Saiyans have already reach their limit for ZenKai, probably since DBZ, and can no longer power boost from near death experience anymore.

I remember asking this is one of the older threads. Apparently there is a term for it and it's called ZenKai, I didn't know that until someone here told me as well. According to the answers I got when I asked the same questions previously. The Saiyans have already reach their limit for ZenKai, probably since DBZ, and can no longer power boost from near death experience anymore.
Either that or they are so powerful now that the zenkai boosts would be relatively small and insignificant.

It's something to note that in the manga Goku Black abused zenkai boosts to increase his power in a short time and attain SS Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back