THE Official 2017 S&C Deadlift Competition Thread

I'm out with the no straps rule. My bar is practically smooth, haven't gone strapless in months.
You can go to a college gym/commercial gym, pay like $5 and record video; train with straps, come back at the end of year and record again at another gym raw

Tried for a max again, did 465 lbs couple of weeks ago, but could only get 455 on video today

I think that music sucked the strength out of you.

OP updated.

My current 1RM is 151 kg / 332 lbs. Video can be found in my log, I would love to get a formcheck!
You were included in the OP update, but in the future if people could post their video submissions in this thread or at least give a link to their log, it would be appreciated.

@MatterOverMind i sent you PM with my deadlift 1RM
I haven't received it.

If it's the same video you posted in the other thread, I didn't miss it. I just didn't list your weight because you said you were going to give it another go and you clearly had more in you.

If it's a new video, I'd strongly encourage you to post it here.

True, this was followed by Phil Collins and Adelle
Do you like Phil Collins?

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Do you like Phil Collins?

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.
I do actually like Phil Collins, but it's more of a relaxing/thought provoking music rather than PR stuff
here's my backdown set after max

I haven't received it.

If it's the same video you posted in the other thread, I didn't miss it. I just didn't list your weight because you said you were going to give it another go and you clearly had more in you.

If it's a new video, I'd strongly encourage you to post it here.

there is a new video in my log attempting 385lbs, you'll see that i struggled with it so definitely going to use that as a starting point.

50 Egg Challenge

I'm looking for some opinions...

1) Should we allow additional (non-whitebelt) participants? Maybe up until June 1st?

2) Should we allow people (after teams have been decided) to officially drop out in the case of injury or other extenuating circumstances? Or should we just leave that as something that's covered by "luck of the draw"? It's obviously something that could be taken advantage of, so I personally think it should fall into the "too damn bad" category.

I'd say, if a team was of eight people, and their number dropped to half that, maybe disband the team and roll the remaining members into the other teams at random. The unlikely but possible scenario could be that a team loses almost all its members and competes against fully-manned teams, which might be undesirable.

And yeah, the more the merrier.

Oh this is going through January basically
Well I posted 605 at a meet
Video of me pulling More suffice later or also a meet?
Come December I hope to be at 650

You were included in the OP update, but in the future if people could post their video submissions in this thread or at least give a link to their log, it would be appreciated.
Excusez moi, I will do it next time. Thanks for including me (and for your effort running/organizing this comp).

Oh this is going through January basically
Well I posted 605 at a meet
Video of me pulling More suffice later or also a meet?
Come December I hope to be at 650
No, it's not going through January.

Are you asking to join? If so, could you please post your video here?

No, your final pull will not have to be done at a meet just because your entry video was.

Please post future questions/comments/concerns in English. Thanks in advance.

Back