the most funniest / wtf / best comebacks / most incredulous / silliest statements made by boxers or

4daLuLZ

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
list the most funniest / wtf / best comebacks / most incredulous / silliest statements made by boxers or their teams. Then discuss.

Here's a few :

Algieri's coach vs Paquiao : he's in the cage. Any minute now, im gonna let him out !

Mike Tyson on Lennox Lewis : I want to eat his babies.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. : I'm greater than Ali.

Amir Khan with Virgil Hunter : I probably have the greatest chin in Boxing right now.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. after getting knocked out vs Fonfara : I thought I won.

Shane Mosley claiming his doctor said he has one of the best brains he'd ever seen.

Oscar delahoya: anything involving his stupid fucking blueprint

Delahoya: I have it 4-2 guerrero
Re: pbf vs. Guerrero

ikrk4pfwl79o4gpdn9ik.jpg

Juanma Lopez getting stopped, then blaming it on the ref having a gambling problem. The GOAT.

Oscar delahoya: anything involving his stupid fucking blueprint

Delahoya: I have it 4-2 guerrero
Re: pbf vs. Guerrero
Guerrero dominated. Floyd will always have an asterisk on his resume from that robbery.

Juanma Lopez getting stopped, then blaming it on the ref having a gambling problem. The GOAT.
That was an excellent moment in boxing history.

Honorable mention to Juanma almost getting KO'd by Vasquez's coach.

Shane saying he wanted to take time off and get his tooth fixed when asked about Pretty Boy Floyd calling him out as a Super Lightweight.

This

I forgot about this halfway through writing my OP.

Dafuq was Larry M thinking ?
This is one of those times that even if Merchant was 50 years younger and PBF just a gleam in daddy's eye.......it just wasn't gonna happen.

Would give it 50-50 vs his grandma though. Heard she was a strong woman.

Mike Tyson saying to a reporter he was a little bitch and he woud fuck him till he loved him...not sure if it was a male or female reporter, but that shit was raw!!!

Mike Tyson saying to a reporter he was a little bitch and he woud fuck him till he loved him...not sure if it was a male or female reporter, but that shit was raw!!!
It was a male.

Mikey was looking for that jailhouse lovin, he was.

Some of foremans commentary was pretty ridiculous

Not much is alot if your Oscar De la hoya!

ike quartey doesnt have a good jab!

When your as tall as Richard Hall you wanna fight inside!

When you fight someome with all those colors on like a tiger it throws your eyesight off!!

Some of his shit had me rolling over

Hopkins in Puerto Rico and his never lose to a white Boy comment

tyson fury on wladimir: "this clit is getting licked"

legit lol

Some of foremans commentary was pretty ridiculous

Not much is alot if your Oscar De la hoya!

ike quartey doesnt have a good jab!

When your as tall as Richard Hall you wanna fight inside!

When you fight someome with all those colors on like a tiger it throws your eyesight off!!

Some of his shit had me rolling over

Yeah, with George it was so difficult to ascertain if he was just punchy, massively irascible & keen to contradict whatever his co-hosts were saying or just saying shit for effect. Strange man, the post-comeback Foreman.

Top of all-time in this category though, is former heavyweight title challenger & film star Randall "Tex" Cobb.

When asked about how he was going to fight Holmes by Howard Cosell "Well Howie, I think I'm going to stay outside and outjab him".

(Asked about a possible rematch against Larry Holmes) "I dont think his hands can take the abuse."

Asked about fighting Holmes again: "Only if it's held in a phone booth."

"Larry Holmes doesn't hit as hard as Earnie Shavers. Nobody hits like Shavers. If anybody hit harder than Shavers, I'd shoot him."

"Larry Holmes didn't beat me he just won the first 15 rounds."

Mills Lane stopped the action to ask Cobb if he was okay in a fight in Reno. When Cobb replied that he was, Lane asked him, "Do you know where you are? What's going on?" Cobb replied, "I am in Reno, getting the shit kicked out of me."

(I have heard that attributed to Willie Pastrano, at Madison Square Garden, versus Jose Torres. Let's give that one to Willie, 'cos he was a cool dude who no-one cares about today. YMMV.)

"I stuck to my game plan -- stumbling forward & getting hit in the face."

"I was only knocked out once, by a Mexican bantamweight, you wanna know how come? Six of my pals were swinging him 'round by his heels at the time.."

"Boxing writers are the only people out there who have less constructive jobs than what I do; I don't do nothing but hit people, & those motherfuckers don't do nothing but write about what I do!"

[In response to some reporter describing him as a fat, cocaine-snorting drunkard] "Hey! I'm not fat!"

[At a boxing dinner with Joe Louis, Joe Frazier, Muhammad Ali, Foreman & a host of storied champs of yesteryear...]"It's a true pleasure to be here today, with some of the baddest n******* ever to step into a ring."

[Contender Renaldo Snipes jumps up, throws down his knife & fork] "I'm not gonna sit here & let you talk to me like that!"

"Calm down, Snipes. I wasn't talking about you."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back