The Most Boring Fight Ever

If you know what he is doing, how he is doing it, it is not boring.
It is actually quite fascinating.

If you are a someone that needs to see striking and KO's, watching a Gracie fight at the very beginning of MMA is quite simply an asinine move.
You got me pegged. I only like striking and KOs, with no appreciation for grappling. Which is why judo is my favorite sport.

I can appreciate the skill of a fighter while still thinking a particular fight is boring. Ala Roy Jones Jr, my favorite boxer, against Bernard Hopkins. In fact, Hopkins himself said it was a boring fight. I'm pretty sure he understands boxing.

You don't understand the ground game then and maybe boxing is for you

Taking the fight to the ground isn't the problem. Being unable and/or unwilling to do anything for literally over half an hour is.

Anyone pretending they weren't bored by that fight either is incapable of being bored by any fight, or they're full of shit.

You got me pegged. I only like striking and KOs, with no appreciation for grappling. Which is why judo is my favorite sport.

I can appreciate the skill of a fighter while still thinking a particular fight is boring. Ala Roy Jones Jr, my favorite boxer, against Bernard Hopkins. In fact, Hopkins himself said it was a boring fight. I'm pretty sure he understands boxing.
Sorry kid, but your example does not help you.
Hopkins speaking about his Boxing match does not mean you understand BJJ or grappling. I don't even know how you made the correlation, but it doesn't exist.

Sorry kid, but your example does not help you.
Hopkins speaking about his Boxing match does not mean you understand BJJ or grappling. I don't even know how you made the correlation, but it doesn't exist.
Royce was a master of his craft and I enjoyed/appreciated/understood his work, but I found the Severn fight boring.

RJJ was a master of his craft and I enjoyed/appreciated/understood his work, but I found the Hopkins fight boring.

It's not complicated. Entertainment is subjective, and you are claiming that anyone who understands and appreciates BJJ MUST, by definition, find all of Royce's fights fascinating. And I disagree.

I'm done at this point. Good day, sir.

Rory MacDonald vs Jake Ellenburger was a tough one. Was a big fight for the WW division, not that long ago with both guys a lot to offer on the feet.

Jake ate a jab for 3 rounds. It was like he didn't even care to try and win. People were hard on Rory for not doing more but who can blame him. Easy way to win a fight.

Woodley had 2 of them. No competition, those were the worst fights I've ever watched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back