The metal thread \m/

Been listening to the controversial Rings of Saturn this weekend. I quite like them. I totally understand why people wouldn't, though.

Also, trying out Artificial Brain, and revisiting 'Monolith of Inhumanity' by Cattle Decapitation.

Black Metal and its sub Genres, DSBM, Melodic, Symphonic, Black/Doom/ , Blackened Death

are obviously my favorite.....cant explain it but it just is but i will try to post more non black though because i want it to be more diverse that was kinda oif the point of the thread been listening to a lot of Viking/MeloDeath/Pagan metal as of late

bands like Ensiferum. Heidevolk, Runic, Hammer Horde, King of Asgard, Bifrost, Frosttide, Manegarm, Wulfgar, Winterthroned.

love this stuff.

I don't know how you listen to this and not think "epic" This is fucking amazing my only nitpick is the Vocals wish they were done in a more growly gutteral style but other than that its amazing...seriously

Epic Masterpiece !!!!!!! the Orchestra at 1:45
Winterthroned is fucking amazing \m/

Last edited:
Hammer Horde

Melodic Death/Viking Metal from The United States

so weird that these guys aren't from europe they totally have that sound...if i didnt know any better i would have thought they were from Finland like Wintersun, and Winterthroned etc..

probably my favorite band from the US right now easily

Wulfgar - On a battlefield in Midgard i will Die

Melodic Death/Viking Metal from Sweden

Far beyond the trees I can see only wretched fools destiny.
The elder ways are gone from their blood, forgotten.
And in my dreams I die with my weapon drawn,
To slay beside my brothers where I belong.
As our weapons splatter worthless blood.

In bitterness alone, I grow old atop this hill of stone.
The triumphs of my kind will live on when I'm gone.
In my dreams, I die with my weapons drawn.
To leave this world by the ways that I uphold,
And ascend to halls of pure gold.

\m/

One of my absolute favorite death metal bands, Impetuous Ritual will release a new album in June and I cannot wait.

Been listening to these two releases a lot lately. The Venenum album is highly recommended! Skaphe is very clautrophobic black metal.

Been talking to the drummer from this band a little.
and giving them a good listen too..
i really like what they are doing..

Saw these guys this weekend, hail Michigan!

Nightkin

...and immortal bird

Last edited:
I don't know how you listen to this and not think "epic" This is fucking amazing my only nitpick is the Vocals wish they were done in a more growly gutteral style but other than that its amazing...seriously

Epic Masterpiece !!!!!!! the Orchestra at 1:45
Winterthroned is fucking amazing \m/

I love when rock is combined with orchestra. They need to come out with broadway musical already doing just that.

Any Manowar fans? they are the kings of metal after all

I've been all about Cattle Decap lately. My girlfriend sure hates being in my car due to that fact.

Back