The LGBTQMFWSGYBSCT is revoking Peter Thiel's status as a gay man for supporting Trump

Right wingers don't attack the masculinity of Leftists. They simply point out the obvious fact that males on the left are generally far more feminine and weak compared to males on the Right.

Jamie-Kilstein.jpg
lol

"my team don't attack like other team, just point out obvious facts"

yeah sure

how is veganism related to this btw?

lol

yeah sure

Because vegan lifestyles championed by leftist's have been attributed to low calcium levels which lead to weak bones. And no one respects a man with weak bones.

http://www.advocate.com/commentary/...-us-theres-difference-between-gay-sex-and-gay

Here's an excerpt from the article:

"By the logic of gay liberation, Thiel is an example of a man who has sex with other men, but not a gay man. Because he does not embrace the struggle of people to embrace their distinctive identity."

Peter Thiel has recently come out and stated he will be donating 1.25 million to Trump. Thiel co-founded PayPal along with Elon Musk and Max Levchin.
One trashy writer doesn't speak for an entire group or community. He made a click bait article and you feeding into it is why articles like that will continue to be produced. In other words, you're being manipulated, imo.

Being gay should be no more of an "identity" than being white or heterosexual.

If the LGBT community wishes to demand certain political stances from its members, that is fine, but they should not hijack the term "gay" for its own purposes, in an effort to subjugate the individual thinking of gay people. Being gay does not mean that you should be in favour of excess social welfare or in favour of immigration.

I'm sure there are gay people who are, for example, concerned with the amount of immigration from countries which are openly hostile towards homosexuals. Not every gay person is going to be all aboard the "open border" thing. This is a perfectly reasonable position to take and shouldn't be subjected to harrassment.

Trump suporters can't be gay. Gay = having sex with/being attracted to the same gender + voting democrat.

Being gay should be no more of an "identity" than being white or heterosexual.

If the LGBT community wishes to demand certain political stances from its members, that is fine, but they should not hijack the term "gay" for its own purposes, in an effort to subjugate the individual thinking of gay people. Being gay does not mean that you should be in favour of excess social welfare or in favour of immigration.

I'm sure there are gay people who are, for example, concerned with the amount of immigration from countries which are openly hostile towards homosexuals. Not every gay person is going to be all aboard the "open border" thing. This is a perfectly reasonable position to take and shouldn't be subjected to harrassment.

This is how identity politics on both sides works, unfortunately. They tie together many independent idealogies, all under the same banner. Its all or nothing.
If you are in favor of gay rights, then you must also be against coal, and in favor of open immigration.
If you are in favor of reduced social spending, then you must also deny global warming, and wish to outlaw abortion.

What does abortion have to do with global warming? What does gay rights have to do with gun laws? Nothing. But that is irrelevant now. Political parties are like Comcast. You either buy the whole package, including the shit you don't want/need, or get the fuck out of town.

I bet he lost a bet or he's just trolling.

Seems like some kind of billionaire's joke or wager.

http://www.advocate.com/commentary/...-us-theres-difference-between-gay-sex-and-gay

Here's an excerpt from the article:

"By the logic of gay liberation, Thiel is an example of a man who has sex with other men, but not a gay man. Because he does not embrace the struggle of people to embrace their distinctive identity."

Peter Thiel has recently come out and stated he will be donating 1.25 million to Trump. Thiel co-founded PayPal along with Elon Musk and Max Levchin.
Their distinctive identity meaning believing in everything they believe because they speak for all gays. Sounds like forfeiting their distinctive identity to me.

Even the gay community is bullying gays.

That's the fucking problem with the left. They always want to be unique and be able to label themselves, he's no longer a "gay man" just a man who has sex with other men.....um ok, and???
Hilarious to see the LGBT community gay bashing. The left is eating itself.

I read it, and I know you are a crypto muslim but I'd still nuke afghanistan
Good looking people here but these boy fuckers are too much for me.
<24>
This.

When it comes to identity, I'd follow "I think, therefore I am" with "How I think is who I am".

I really don't understand the notion of defining yourself against the parameters of society around you, because as far as I can remember I've always measured myself by using the ideas and thoughts I've had or encountered as a reference point, and measured my progress by the extent to which I think my current set of ideas and thoughts are superior to those I used to have.

I don't think the article is wrong in that there's a difference between having sex with the same sex and subscribing to a series of ideological/cultural notions around what it means to have sex with the same sex, but I do think it's intellectually degenerate to choose to subscribe to the latter because doing so effectively rejects a human's remarkably beautiful ability to consider and reason in ways that are abstracted from the particulars of life, which is precisely what I think is important about who I am.

I'm also a boob man. Death to the nonbelievers.
Hmm, I have to disagree a bit here. We're all defined by the societies we live in to some extent or another even if we don't explicitly take on certain labels. Humans are social creatures so its only natural.

In the case of the queer identity its something that was thrust upon them by wider society. Its an identity that was constructed as an example of a deviant personality. So the identity and the stigma around it necessarily predates the reaction from the LGBT community which is to form their own counter culture and work towards reshaping the way society interacts with them.

I do think that perhaps some allow this one identity marker to define them too strongly and that can be obnoxious but I can understand why that is the case.
You seem to be a reasonable poster, so I actually will indulge that pretty lengthy read, but the 2nd half, the one I agree with, seems to step on the toes of the 1st. An artificial community certainly has the right to ostracize whomever they want, but they can't still expect to be taken seriously as the identity they've chose to use to section themselves off as a non-judgemental group of "acceptance". Change the label if you claim to be the "gay group", yet throw out gays who don't vote the way you like. Fighting for equality for the group you claim to represent, while ostracizing people who fit the description of said group makes the whole thing stupid. They can at least change the name to not distort who they actually represent.

In the end, it's just another case of the left eating itself. Not exactly uncommon these days.
I disagree here. The queer identity and liberation movement is not about general acceptance of everyone, its about asserting the validity of the alphabet soup of queer identities. So in this case Thiel is endorsing a party that at best is neutral towards the LGBT movement but more often than not actively works against its interests. I don't see it as some big transgression but I do see the logic in the LGBT community not exactly being happy about it.

Think of it like a political party. You can be a registered Republican but if you vote for Democrats and liberal policies consistently is it really crazy for fellow Republicans to call you out on that? Would Republicans be eating their own if they did that? I wouldn't think so. In fact the term RINO was created for such a person and its often used in a derogatory fashion.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not a fan of this sort of leftist game of redefining labels and making up rules for social justice to make you and your cause seem so nuanced and intelligent. But I do think there is some validity to the distinction of queer as a social and political category with its own subculture and behaviors we associate with the term queer and that not all individuals who exhibit the latter belong to the former. Personally I'd most likely prefer a queer who wasn't big on the LGBT activism.

lol

yeah sure

That is a picture of Leftist wimp and failed comedian Jamie Kilstein. A smug and moral tyrant who believes he knows what is best for everybody.

Right wingers don't attack the masculinity of Leftists. They simply point out the obvious fact that males on the left are generally far more feminine and weak compared to males on the Right.

Jamie-Kilstein.jpg
That is a picture of Leftist wimp and failed comedian Jamie Kilstein. A smug and moral tyrant who believes he knows what is best for everybody.
If that's the case then what about you? I can't recall any leftist inclinations of yours but I do seem to notice the correlate you've identified here.

To say nothing of being gay and giving money to Trump.

And that would be bad because...? What does one have to do with the other? Why should a gay donate to Hillary Clinton?

Oh, forget it. I already know you don't have a logical answer.

Hilarious to see the LGBT community gay bashing. The left is eating itself.

The left comprises muslims, jews, feminists, gays and blacks.

We all better hope the left never wins outright, because there will be blood in the streets when the left-wing infighting starts. All of those groups absolutely DESPISE each other.

The left comprises muslims, jews, feminists, gays and blacks.

We all better hope the left never wins outright, because there will be blood in the streets when the left-wing infighting starts. All of those groups absolutely DESPISE each other.
{<escalated}

Hmm, I have to disagree a bit here. We're all defined by the societies we live in to some extent or another even if we don't explicitly take on certain labels. Humans are social creatures so its only natural.

In the case of the queer identity its something that was thrust upon them by wider society. Its an identity that was constructed as an example of a deviant personality. So the identity and the stigma around it necessarily predates the reaction from the LGBT community which is to form their own counter culture and work towards reshaping the way society interacts with them.

I do think that perhaps some allow this one identity marker to define them too strongly and that can be obnoxious but I can understand why that is the case.

Sure, things happen in the societies that we belong to that forces us to react in some fashion. What I was getting at is that it is possible, and in my mind preferable, to cognitively free yourself of precisely whatever identities society may force upon you. We're talking about LGBT here, but I'll illustrate with being a nerd:

Approach 1: People say I'm a nerd. Well, then I'm going to fully embrace being a nerd and be as nerdy as I can and find others that are as nerdy as can be and then we'll force them to accept our nerdiness!

Approach 2: People say I'm a nerd. Well, then I'm going to pursue whatever I find worthwhile in life to the best of my abilities, be successful and carve out my own place in this world so that if people ever take a look at me again, they'll find that the constraints they placed on me were never enough to contain me.

As I've hopefully been able to illustrate, the two approaches are both essentially ways of coping but 1 forces the group identity aspect, whereas 2 encourages individuality despite the label of a collective (nerdhood) being forced onto you by society: it's precisely the latter that I'd argue is more well-founded in reason than the former.

I'd wager a fair amount of people would agree with me in this with respect to group identities that are the majority: for instance, the alt-right have been championing white nationalism and heteronormativity, and by most people they are viewed with disbelief or disgust.

It's only in the particular case of a group identity being a minority that approach 1 is considered an acceptable line of reasoning, which I think is incongruent. It's rooted in the idea of strength in numbers, but I always thought that the strength of democracy was that it pragmatically admits that the majority will generally have their way while doing its best to ensure an array of essential individual liberties.

The ultimate point I want to make relates to Thiel and the 'verdict' on his gay status, which is where the group identity line of reasoning really shits its pants in my mind. The idea that if a person makes a single action that they believe is to their benefit, but that the group believes is not to their benefit gives the group the 'right' to strip the person of the group identity they previously were though to belong to is downright cultism in my mind.

This is why I don't think I can ever support LGBT-ism: not because I think their sexuality is deviant but because I think their reasoning, or lack thereof, is deficient. If that makes me a homophobe, then I guess I'm guilty as charged.

I guess the real kicker is that if you accept the reasoning behind the revocation of Thiel's gayness, then I can be a homophobe but have no problem with men having sex with men, which brings us full circle back to your Afghanistan and dancer boys example. Guess I'll have to write an introspective autobiography entitled "How I championed individuality and accidentally ended up supporting the Taliban".

I'm dizzy.

Last edited:
I can totally see Milo Yiannopoulos being all over "The Advocate" like it's a big bag of black dicks.

Can I revoke someone's status as a straight man for supporting Hillary?
Seems if one's status as 'gay' can be revoked, then a lot of pro-LGBTQ arguments can safely be tossed out the window.

If that's the case then what about you? I can't recall any leftist inclinations of yours but I do seem to notice the correlate you've identified here.

The large difference between me and a Leftist tyrant is that I don't feel superior because of my views or entitled to impose them on the entire society. I certainly have a subjective vision of how I would like to see the world, however, I have no desire to take action and force it upon the entire society. I understand I am a flawed human being and my intellectual capacity is extremely limited which means my personal vision may result in disaster if imposed upon the society. At worst, I share my opinions on Sherdog or with close friends when the situation arises. For the most part, when I am not shit-posting on Sherdog, then I am just living my life the best I can while being as considerate and polite as possible to the people I come across in my daily life.

I am not big on the smug "I know better than you, I know what is best for you and I am going to lobby the government to impose my personal vision on the entire society" way of doing things that Leftists have become notorious for since the 60's. I am more of a "Be The Change" and "The Revolution Begins Within" type of person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back