The LGBTQMFWSGYBSCT is revoking Peter Thiel's status as a gay man for supporting Trump

Big Brown Clown

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://www.advocate.com/commentary/...-us-theres-difference-between-gay-sex-and-gay

Here's an excerpt from the article:

"By the logic of gay liberation, Thiel is an example of a man who has sex with other men, but not a gay man. Because he does not embrace the struggle of people to embrace their distinctive identity."

Peter Thiel has recently come out and stated he will be donating 1.25 million to Trump. Thiel co-founded PayPal along with Elon Musk and Max Levchin.

Their brains are so linear...do the jig or you're"not in the club"

One moron writes an opinion piece and then its taken as the manifesto for everybody involved in that topic. Sherdog logic right there.

That's the fucking problem with the left. They always want to be unique and be able to label themselves, he's no longer a "gay man" just a man who has sex with other men.....um ok, and???

"Embrace their distinctive identity" that's the fucking problem with America, why do people want to stick out and feel special so much. Who gives a fuck, just live a good life, be friendly, do your thing. Stop trying to be the center of attention, your not special. Fucking liberals.

I think the article makes a lot of sense and the ideas its proposes are important to understand. It seems to me quite accurate to say the identities centered around sexual orientation are something that were constructed relatively recently in human history despite the prevalence of homosexual behavior throughout human history. And so the cultural context determines the expression of these behaviors as evidenced by the Hijra, or third gender, in South Asia that has existed long before the creation of the modern LGBT identity.

These are good ideas to keep in mind when looking at certain paradoxical cases like Afghanistan. Here homosexual behaviors are in fact embedded in their tradition in the form of the dancing boys but nonetheless there is no "gay" identity. The men often have their own wives and children. The dancing boys themselves don't get married to any of the men, they simply grow up(often leveraging favors from the men they established relationships with) and get married themselves. And yet we often see immense hostility from such cultures towards the LGBT community. Why is this the case? It seems to me the problem is not necessarily the behavior itself but rather the LGBT identity that is seen as perverse.

On a rational level I sympathize with the gay liberation movement. They are taking an identity that was thrust upon them as something to be ashamed of and constructed their own community around it to renegotiate their place within society.

On an emotional level though I find myself somewhat aligned with social conservatives here. I understand that this social category is here to stay but nonetheless part of me is rather tired of it. I don't quite care for LGBT issues myself and truth be told I find the very existence of the LGBT identity mildly obscene because its centered around not only sex but a counter culture of sex that seeks to define itself against the norms of sexuality.

I guess here I'm a pre-modern throwback who would prefer that homosexual behaviors have a socially acceptable outlet that doesn't really impact one's identity much. I'm certainly not saying we should import Afghan pederasty but I'm saying I'd prefer if your preferences for same sex or different sex intercourse would be more or less as relevant to your identity as whether or not you're a leg man or an ass man or something like that.

I think the article makes a lot of sense and the ideas its proposes are important to understand. It seems to me quite accurate to say the identities centered around sexual orientation are something that were constructed relatively recently in human history despite the prevalence of homosexual behavior throughout human history. And so the cultural context determines the expression of these behaviors as evidenced by the Hijra, or third gender, in South Asia that has existed long before the creation of the modern LGBT identity.

These are good ideas to keep in mind when looking at certain paradoxical cases like Afghanistan. Here homosexual behaviors are in fact embedded in their tradition in the form of the dancing boys but nonetheless there is no "gay" identity. The men often have their own wives and children. The dancing boys themselves don't get married to any of the men, they simply grow up(often leveraging favors from the men they established relationships with) and get married themselves. And yet we often see immense hostility from such cultures towards the LGBT community. Why is this the case? It seems to me the problem is not necessarily the behavior itself but rather the LGBT identity that is seen as perverse.

On a rational level I sympathize with the gay liberation movement. They are taking an identity that was thrust upon them as something to be ashamed of and constructed their own community around it to renegotiate their place within society.

On an emotional level though I find myself somewhat aligned with social conservatives here. I understand that this social category is here to stay but nonetheless part of me is rather tired of it. I don't quite care for LGBT issues myself and truth be told I find the very existence of the LGBT identity mildly obscene because its centered around not only sex but a counter culture of sex that seeks to define itself against the norms of sexuality.

I guess here I'm a pre-modern throwback who would prefer that homosexual behaviors have a socially acceptable outlet that doesn't really impact one's identity much. I'm certainly not saying we should import Afghan pederasty but I'm saying I'd prefer if your preferences for same sex or different sex intercourse would be more or less as relevant to your identity as whether or not you're a leg man or an ass man or something like that.
You know I how know you're gay? You just wrote this gay ass wall of text

So they don't respect Thiel's right to identify as a conservative gay Trump supporter.

I thought Thiel identified as a hulkamanic above all for bankrolling Hogan's lawsuit against Gawker.

Whoever wrote this article is a moron.

The article is surprisingly well written and actually raises some good points about the history of homosexuality and homosexual behavior. However, the main premise is complete crap. Thiel is an openly gay man with a gay identity who just happens to have a different sociopolitical outlook than the activist queer community. He's a proud gay man who enthusiastically announced this to a cheering audience at the Republican National Convention. Homosexuality is mainstream now in Western society. Thiel is making a pragmatic decision based on the fact that the Supreme Court has carried us over the threshold to "marriage equality" and that Trump is not nearly as socially conservative as he pretends to be these days in order to pander to those people in his party.

But anyway, I'm sure Thiel will be devastated to find out that he's no longer a member of the LGBTQ2PHENZ community.

Identity politics is the fucking worst shit.

A gay man is a man attracted to men. We already have words for identity politics zombies: SJW, progressive/regressive, Marxist.

That's the fucking problem with the left. They always want to be unique and be able to label themselves, he's no longer a "gay man" just a man who has sex with other men.....um ok, and???

Leftist Scumbag: "You may be a male who is a fan of Barbra Streisand and desires to have sex with other males, however, you are not really gay because you think differently than what the Left has commanded you ought to think as a gay man."

<{1-4}>

Back