The LGBTQMFWSGYBSCT is revoking Peter Thiel's status as a gay man for supporting Trump

A man with a dick can identify as a woman.
A white woman can identify as a black woman.
People can be gender fluid.
People can be bi sexual.
A middle aged father of two can become a 6 year old girl.
A gay man can't be a republican.

Strange days indeed.

trying to strip someone of their identity just because they don't agree with you is pretty low.

I think the article makes a lot of sense and the ideas its proposes are important to understand. It seems to me quite accurate to say the identities centered around sexual orientation are something that were constructed relatively recently in human history despite the prevalence of homosexual behavior throughout human history. And so the cultural context determines the expression of these behaviors as evidenced by the Hijra, or third gender, in South Asia that has existed long before the creation of the modern LGBT identity.

These are good ideas to keep in mind when looking at certain paradoxical cases like Afghanistan. Here homosexual behaviors are in fact embedded in their tradition in the form of the dancing boys but nonetheless there is no "gay" identity. The men often have their own wives and children. The dancing boys themselves don't get married to any of the men, they simply grow up(often leveraging favors from the men they established relationships with) and get married themselves. And yet we often see immense hostility from such cultures towards the LGBT community. Why is this the case? It seems to me the problem is not necessarily the behavior itself but rather the LGBT identity that is seen as perverse.

On a rational level I sympathize with the gay liberation movement. They are taking an identity that was thrust upon them as something to be ashamed of and constructed their own community around it to renegotiate their place within society.

On an emotional level though I find myself somewhat aligned with social conservatives here. I understand that this social category is here to stay but nonetheless part of me is rather tired of it. I don't quite care for LGBT issues myself and truth be told I find the very existence of the LGBT identity mildly obscene because its centered around not only sex but a counter culture of sex that seeks to define itself against the norms of sexuality.

I guess here I'm a pre-modern throwback who would prefer that homosexual behaviors have a socially acceptable outlet that doesn't really impact one's identity much. I'm certainly not saying we should import Afghan pederasty but I'm saying I'd prefer if your preferences for same sex or different sex intercourse would be more or less as relevant to your identity as whether or not you're a leg man or an ass man or something like that.

The article is surprisingly well written and actually raises some good points about the history of homosexuality and homosexual behavior. However, the main premise is complete crap. Thiel is an openly gay man with a gay identity who just happens to have a different sociopolitical outlook than the activist queer community. He's a proud gay man who enthusiastically announced this to a cheering audience at the Republican National Convention. Homosexuality is mainstream now in Western society. Thiel is making a pragmatic decision based on the fact that the Supreme Court has carried us over the threshold to "marriage equality" and that Trump is not nearly as socially conservative as he pretends to be these days in order to pander to those people in his party.

But anyway, I'm sure Thiel will be devastated to find out that he's no longer a member of the LGBTQ2PHENZ community.

Wtf is this shit
187.jpg

The proper response is, LOL liberals

If the guy only has sexy time with the guys then he is gay. It is weird how not even ten years ago Republicans would be all over someone who is gay and putting them down. Now the WR has no clue how to respond because a SJW wrote an article demonizing a gay guy.

Wtf is this shit
187.jpg

The proper response is, LOL liberals
I tried to save the thread by trying to salvage something interesting from the article but I ended up vomiting a wall of text 9/10 posters won't read.

Calling him "not gay, because of who he supports" is stupid.

But not nearly as stupid as giving money to Trump.
To say nothing of being gay and giving money to Trump.

A man with a dick can identify as a woman.
A white woman can identify as a black woman.
People can be gender fluid.
People can be bi sexual.
A middle aged father of two can become a 6 year old girl.
A gay man can't be a republican.

Strange days indeed.

Can we even define who we get permission from to define ourselves?

Donating money to the candidate of the political party that was against people of your sexuality ( many in the party still are) not too long ago. Sounds like he's an idiot.

Donating money to the candidate of the political party that was against people of your sexuality ( many in the party still are) not too long ago. Sounds like he's an idiot.
Not really. He's rich and Trump and the GOP are advocating for tax cuts that would benefit him. What does it matter to him that some GOP nutter might pass some anti-LGBT law in this state or the other?

Not really. He's rich and Trump and the GOP are advocating for tax cuts that would benefit him. What does it matter to him that some GOP nutter might pass some anti-LGBT law in this state or the other?

But, like Trump, the being rich part probably means that he's not paying taxes anyway. Not because he claims to be the best at tax codes but because, like trump, he employs people to exploit the system and avoid paying taxes. Aren't political donations tax deductible?

But, like Trump, the being rich part probably means that he's not paying taxes anyway. Not because he claims to be the best at tax codes but because, like trump, he employs people to exploit the system and avoid paying taxes. Aren't political donations tax deductible?
Seems like he'll be paying fewer taxes if Trump has his way.

That is viewing the world through the lens of Intersectionality, where his being is reduced to his sexual orientation, which delineates his tribe, and tribal alliances. It also reduces global, national, and local politics down to left-right, the pop stereotypes of each, and good-evil.

That is viewing the world through the lens of internationalism, where his being is reduced to his sexual orientation, which delineates his tribe, and tribal alliances. It also reduces global, national, and local politics down to left-right, good-evil.
I see what your saying but why would you want to donate to the party who has some politicians actively working against the rights of people who identify sexually the same way as you do. Doesn't make sense to me unless you don't give a shit about people like yourself ( Thiel).

I see what your saying but why would you want to donate to the party who has some politicians actively working against the rights of people who identify sexually the same way as you do. Doesn't make sense to me unless you don't give a shit about people like yourself ( Thiel).

That is assuming gay marriage is the only thing in the entire world worth caring about. Maybe he has other concerns and interests.

Back