The Knee by Jeremy Stephens was legal (GIF)

LdjRmf9.gif

Looked like that sh*t missed to me. Hit him lightly on the way down though.

View attachment 346287[/SPOILER]

Yup, slow mo looks like a miss.

The damage has already been done he will never be the same again after getting kneed with an illegal shot that knocked him so silly for the finishing blow that completely turned the lights out. 98% of fighters that get KO'd like that are never the same again.
That last elbow was brutal, that turned his lights off 100%

no, the new rules are basically if its the hands that cause you to be a downed opponent it has to be both of them, not just one. his knee is down so even if he had no hands on the ground it would be grounded
Thanks for update on the new ground rules. I knew before you could pick their heads up to land a knee and not be illegal. Think it should be if the stomach or back touching the ground, then it's ground opponent.

it's called following the rules. If you ask me, it should be pride rules+elbows in a cage, but those weren't the rules that this fight was agreed to be contested under

Well it's two guys agreeing to get in a cage and do damage to each other and that's why we watch right? I just don't understand the nitpicking of everything, we want blood and we got it.

And Stephens didn't break any rules.

It looks ilegal but it didn’t land in the first instance... it kinda hit with no power on the knee’s way back.
The rule isn't "powerful knees to a grounded opponent's head are illegal"

All knees to the head a of a grounded opponent are illegal. You don't get to determine what is acceptable or not- based on power, effect, reaction...etc

Stephen intentionally threw an illegal strike, and it landed. That makes it illegal. Simple as that.

Well it's two guys agreeing to get in a cage and do damage to each other and that's why we watch right? I just don't understand the nitpicking of everything, we want blood and we got it.

And Stephens didn't break any rules.
yeah he did. as you seem to ignore as nitpicking, most people seem to think here that he landed illegal strikes to the back of the head, and a knee/kick to the head of a downed opponent.

So what if lets say bendo fights stephens and he stabs him in the eye with the toothpick he sometimes has in his mouth, all good because they agreed to fight?

uh.. it DID fucking land you goof.

you can see emmett's head shoot down from the impact of it.

fucking shame, emmett is still really good.

Did you just call him a goof.. When you applying his head went down from a up knee.. I would say that further proves it didn't connect. If he lands the knee the head goes back..

Now if your implying that it landed on its way down with no power.. Then is there a real reason to stop a fight that an impact had no impact..

The ref wasn't around to see the elbows if I remember correct.. Same as the choke out that happen earlier the guy tapped but on the wrong side the ref was on.. You can't call what you don't see.

Because Cruz said "It missed" 87 times in the 20 minutes after it happened.
Exactly. Shills desperately holding on to any justification.

This is why we still have many Jon Jones fans here

100% illegal shot....but the punch that caused Emmet to fall was legal.

Hard for me to say and feel that he glancing knee was the cause of Emmets destruction

The rule isn't "powerful knees to a grounde opponent's head are illegal"

All knees to the head a of a grounded opponent are illegal. You don't get to determine what is acceptable or not- based on power, effect, reaction...etc

Stephen intentionally threw an illegal strike, and it landed. That makes it illegal. Simple as that.
Oh ... yeah sure. The only thing is that actually it didn’t landed. Don’t need to try harder, I already saw a nice break down about it.

circumstantial
yeah he did. as you seem to ignore as nitpicking, most people seem to think here that he landed illegal strikes to the back of the head, and a knee/kick to the head of a downed opponent.

So what if lets say bendo fights stephens and he stabs him in the eye with the toothpick he sometimes has in his mouth, all good because they agreed to fight?
That's a little different situation don't you think? Bringing an foreign object into the cage as opposed to landing elbows on a moving opponent? One is clearly illegal the other is circumstantial.

I wish he had full on soccer kicked his skull apart before elbowing him into the living death, just so you all would complain even more

Wish someone asked him why he threw it, could have been heat of the moment but I don't think he's ever done anything similar and he's fought in the UFC a long long time, dude was clearly down and rocked so why risk hitting him

Back