The Knee by Jeremy Stephens was legal (GIF)

6026fb04cd291ceddb735992cc382544.gif

it didnt land

I see a knee land twice once on the back of the head...

<LikeReally5> thnx for proving yourself wrong.

graze his head, it did landed and I think he threw 2 illegal elbow to the back of Emmet head too. Going to be a NC, imo.

6026fb04cd291ceddb735992cc382544.gif

it didnt land

That’s illegal.
It’s a soccer kick to the head of a downed opponent. There was contact.

Stephens should be sent to a maximum security prison for no less than 6 years.

I watched it about ten times in slow motion. Emmett was down but the knee missed

The elbows are whatever, I saw only one and that was due to Emmett turning his head in. That knee though, was thrown with intent while clearly illegal. Grazing or not, it muddies up the stoppage. Kinda like KJ Noons's KO of Jorge Gurgel.

forget the knee , what about those hellbows to the back of the head

circumstantial
That's a little different situation don't you think? Bringing an foreign object into the cage as opposed to landing elbows on a moving opponent? One is clearly illegal the other is circumstantial.
you've been arguing ignore the rules because its a fight as one stance, and then covering the other side by saying you didn't think there were fouls. why is it okay to overlook some rules but not the others? If you're after an environment where you should be able to finish a guy with Knees on the ground, i 100% agree, but again these aren't the rules it's being contested under. it's just clear that Stephens had no regard for the rules during the attempt, he lands the 2 elbows, okay maybe things happen with his opponent moving, and then goes to throw a knee that wouldn't be illegal if it lands. some portion of his leg does connect from that attempted strike. whether its a knee or a kick(tons of soccer kicks and most leg kicks land with the shin), it was illegal due to the downed opponent. Stephens had the fight in the bag, i don't think anyone should dispute that. But he kind of tarnished it with his shot selection.

There was also an ilegal elbow to the back of the head before that knee.

edit: after watching the review... 2 illegals elbows to the back of the head.
Emmett ducked his head forward which cause the shots to land on the back

you've been arguing ignore the rules because its a fight as one stance, and then covering the other side by saying you didn't think there were fouls. why is it okay to overlook some rules but not the others? If you're after an environment where you should be able to finish a guy with Knees on the ground, i 100% agree, but again these aren't the rules it's being contested under. it's just clear that Stephens had no regard for the rules during the attempt, he lands the 2 elbows, okay maybe things happen with his opponent moving, and then goes to throw a knee that wouldn't be illegal if it lands. some portion of his leg does connect from that attempted strike. whether its a knee or a kick(tons of soccer kicks and most leg kicks land with the shin), it was illegal due to the downed opponent. Stephens had the fight in the bag, i don't think anyone should dispute that. But he kind of tarnished it with his shot selection.
Hey my stance still stand that if you sign up to fight your there to fight, fight like a champion, no excuses.
I just had to ask the seriousness of your comparison with the toothpick, it's not even in the same ballpark.
And I think Stephens did have the wherewithal to understand that it was potentially a illegal shot, hence why he waited for Emmett to rise. However Emmett didn't rise fully and the knee missed.
Again no rules were broken.
Some will see it the other way, but at the end of the day Stephens won.

1 last post:
after making this gif, ive decided it did land. not full on, but it did bounce off his head

its enough to file a protest....

if u really wanna get technical, it landed twice

tsAkZge.gif

The real question is why the hell did Jeremy even throw the knee??

This guy knows what's up.

Way I see it is two choices:

a) Live your life disagreeing and arguing about some meaningless abstract concept or event that many people see as completely different than each other and get frustrated because everybody by nature will not change their personal views or stances upon said variable

or

b) Live your life acknowledging certain facts or concepts that are important to you but hold significant support among other humankind entities and be content with that, no matter if others disagree or approve of your beliefs - Simply make up your mind and move on

Missed the fight, but based on the slow mo gif, the knee missed, the follow up
connected, and the elbow murdered him. Whether the missed knee set up the KO punch is anyone’s guess but whatever. That’s a clean KO in my book.

There was also an ilegal elbow to the back of the head before that knee.

edit: after watching the review... 2 illegals elbows to the back of the head.
maybe one was behind the head the other was on the ear and the only reason they was even close to being illegal is due to Josh turning his body.

Back