The kickfighting establishment is rotten to the core

I'd prefer more Brocky and less JT at this point...
Since Ongbrock has stopped making fun of stadiums and started making fun of Romania he has been okay in my books. I'm ready to give the guy a second chance.

There seems to be a whole lot of kickboxing exceptionalism going on here. Especially the idea that the Sittichai's and Buakaw's of the world, and whichever other Thais kickbox successfully, are somehow categorically different and can do things which your run of the mill stadium fighter could never hope to. Ignoring the fact that these guys were all stadium fighters themselves once and often unremarkable ones. Often this logic is pushed to the point of absurdity and this is the result:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/buakaw-was-an-anomaly.3350525/
Now you're just making shit up. Most people in that thread don't even think Buakaw was an anomaly. He had a distinct style yes but i'd say he is rather known for having shitty boxing.

Looks like you just read my posts that break down your straw mans and then you just keep making more. I don't think you actually care that much about muay thai but rather your own self image of being an "expert". There are thousands of people that live the muay thai life every day in person. We're never gonna be experts by sitting in fromt of our screen and having absurd debates. I'm done here. Peace

it is per fucking weight class you damn genius.

Oh it is? Where did he say that?
Oh he didn't?
Oh well you can shut the fuck up then, can't you?

Also nice to know you still do not put your name on all the articles you write for glory's website but your so fucking smart you tweet them all out from your personal twitter.

I tweet things from my personal account with no name on them but you know they are mine? Are you a magic mindreader?

Think about what you are saying. Go back and read your post.

Do you see what kind of a crazy stalker you sound like? If I was female there would be a good chance I could get the police to pay you a visit and have a quiet word with you over this kind of intense attention. Please take a step back, you are not my type.

and lol at "your so fucking smart" - smarter than you, seeing as I know it's "you're" and not "your".
FFS man.

Bear in mind that there has never been an issue for foreign muay thai fighers getting kickboxing opportunities.....

Don't forget knockdown karatekas, women, sumo wrestlers, military servicemen, fake shoalin monks, MMA fighter and assorted Japanese TV personalities. At least k1 had the sense to own it's identity as a freak show. Glory has the gumption to go around pretending to be a real fight sport.

Enjoy continuing to employ the Chi Lewis Perry's of the world!

Last edited:
That's an odd thing to say. If someone cares about the sport, why wouldn't they want to see the best talent competing in it? That on its own should bring into question whether entertainment is more important than sport.

The product is sports-entertainment; that's the whole point.

If you are "all about the sport and nothing but" you are a purist, that's exactly what I have been talking about. If you want to achieve any kind of commercial success, in the fight game, you need to have a mind towards sports-entertainment. Still bring in the best talents but also have a mind towards your target audiences and revenue streams.

Please, don't take my word for it. Look at the history of the UFC and it's practices. It is the most successful entity in the history of fight-sport promotion, based on where it started to what it recently sold for. If any armchair analyst wants to say the UFC did it the wrong way, they will need to put $4bil. on the table to back their argument up.

I don't think you actually care that much about muay thai but rather your own self image of being an "expert". There are thousands of people that live the muay thai life every day in person. We're never gonna be experts by sitting in fromt of our screen and having absurd debates.

I guess that would extend to all our journalist friends, since hardly any of them have ever trained or stepped in the ring. If you think people should be "living" muay thai, why do you waste so much of your time posting here?

Don't forget knockdown karatekas, women, sumo wrestlers, military servicemen, fake monks, MMA fighter and assorted Japanese TV personalities. At least k1 had the sense to own it's identity as a freak show. Glory has the gumption to go around pretending to be a real fight sport.

Enjoy continuing to employ the Chi Lewis Perry's of the world!

It's a shame you aren't in charge, probably it would also be worth $4billion right now with its extensive Thai roster, the same as the Thai promotions are.

It's a shame you aren't in charge, probably it would also be worth $4billion right now with its extensive Thai roster, the same as the Thai promotions are.
I sure wouldn't have been responsible for the turd show that was the women's super bantamweight tournament. I guess the Thais being so tiny and boring and never finishing fights is why Glory saw fit to add a women's division?

I sure wouldn't have been responsible for the turd show that was the women's super bantamweight tournament. I guess the Thais being so tiny and boring and never finishing fights is why Glory saw fit to add a women's division?

if you're thinking, that has any connections you might actually be retarded.

I guess that would extend to all our journalist friends, since hardly any of them have ever trained or stepped in the ring. If you think people should be "living" muay thai, why do you waste so much of your time posting here?
I'm not claiming i'm an expert or obsessing over made up ideas of others and causing unnecessary drama because of it. I never even said people should be living muay thai, that's just another thing you made up. I said there are alot of people that have much more knowledge than any of us in this thread and you're acting like you and Coka are the only people in the world that know anything about muay thai while the rest of the world thinks nak muays can't even punch.

I'm a social justice warrior but Glory must be run by a bunch of feminazis. How else do you explain their decision to do the womens super bantamweight tournament? It's either that or temporary insanity.

Apparently, I'm a social justice warrior but Glory must be run by a bunch of feminazis. How else do you explain their decision to do the womens super bantamweight tournament? It's either that or temporary insanity.

I fucking hate the womens division, but if you can't see where they're going with that decision then I can't help you.

I fucking hate the womens division, but if you don't see where they're going with that decision then I can't help you.
And you'll continue to have to eat turds like the women's division for as long as Glory's product is "sports entertainment".

And you'll continue to have to eat turds like the women's division for as long as Glory's product is "sports entertainment".

I love the sport of kickboxing, and if that's what it takes to bring the sport foward then I'm not bothered by it.

women fights make up a really small part of fights anyway.

how i imagine Jtr talking with thai kicboxers
Sittichai: I had to work on my hands to fight in kickboxing
Superbon: Yeah me too. I used to mostly fight using knees but now i've improved my boxing skills alot!
Petpanomrung: yeah i'm now training at Sitsongpeenong for my kickboxing fights
Jtr: stop lying you don't know shit about muay thai, sitsongpeenong sucks!

myself personally, I am not a fan of women's fighting particularly, in any fight sport. But my guess would be they built a division around Tiffany van Soest in the same way women's MMA got built around Ronda. There's a market case for it.

But nor do I especially care about watching 115lb men fight. I struggle to see a western market for that, especially if they are all 'foreign' (to the west). Shit, the UFC can't even sell its 125lb division despite Demetrious being a pound-for-pound leader.

how i imagine Jtr talking with thai kicboxers
Sittichai: I had to work on my hands to fight in kickboxing
Superbon: Yeah me too. I used to mostly fight using knees but now i've improved my boxing skills alot!
Petpanomrung: yeah i'm now training at Sitsongpeenong for my kickboxing fights
Jtr: stop lying you don't know shit about muay thai, sitsongpeenong sucks!

right? it's crazy that Tim Dharmajiva owner of Sitsongpeenong has said on record that his guys needed to work extensively on their boxing to cross over into kickboxing, when all he had to do was listen to JTWarmachine and realize that was not necessary at all

in fact Sitsongpeenong have just signed the boxing coach from Banchamek because Buakaw's management pissed him off so much; crazy how many people Banchamek management force out the door

But nor do I especially care about watching 115lb men fight. I struggle to see a western market for that, especially if they are all 'foreign' (to the west). Shit, the UFC can't even sell its 125lb division despite Demetrious being a pound-for-pound leader.

I know right? Too many nonwhite midgets that nobody gives a fuck about. Wait? Have you been taking your meds Brocky?

I know right? Too many nonwhite midgets that nobody gives a fuck about. Wait? Have you been taking your meds Brocky?

what's wrong about what he said? Nobody gives a shit about 115lbs fighting in muay thai. wouldn't change if you put them on the international stage under kickboxing rules. that's just a fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back