The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

Relax buddy I wasn't calling you a cuck. I was saying you were posting a cuck video.

But if it feels good for you to hide behind a keyboard and call me names then have at it.

But if you really want to upset me. I mean butthurt me. Take me up on the challenge and beat me. Otherwise oh yes I am such a horrible turd and like corn and stuff. Care?

Sorry me pointing out you have no life and come crawling to me like I blew a dog whistle as soon as I posted got you kind of triggered.
you were implying that since I posted the video and it was poking fun at Jordan Peterson it was a "cuck" video. Did you even watch it before coming to that conclusion?

you are a child, Im not.... do you think you would pose any threat to me if we were face to face? calm yourself down little boy, go get yourself a juice cup and take a time out. Also beat you at what? what challenge?

edit: also its a sunday, all Ive got planned today is watching the world cup. So Ive got plenty of time to let you attempt to "embarrass" me like you promised to do.

you were implying that since I posted the video and it was poking fun at Jordan Peterson it was a "cuck" video. Did you even watch it before coming to that conclusion?

you are a child, Im not.... do you think you would pose any threat to me if we were face to face? calm yourself down little boy, go get yourself a juice cup and take a time out. Also beat you at what? what challenge?

Aw, you done with your little insults? I am sorry I can't be concerned because we are not face to face. Also, I can't be concerned because I give zero fucks what you think.

How about you go run along and get one of those instances of Peterson being wrong. There are hundreds of hours on him and you don't have a fucking life outside of Sherdog. Now be a good boy and fetch!

Aw, you done with your little insults? I am sorry I can't be concerned because we are not face to face. Also, I can't be concerned because I give zero fucks what you think.

How about you go run along and get one of those instances of Peterson being wrong. There are hundreds of hours on him and you don't have a fucking life outside of Sherdog. Now be a good boy and fetch!
oh so you think Im here to try and discredit Jordan Peterson? I follow him on twitter, he makes a lot of sense(not always)

you really are slower than I thought lol. I posted it because its funny, end of story.

With all the media coverage of Peterson these last couple of years, how sad is it that the best coverage is courtesy of Comedy Central? In any event, shrewd and funny piece with a fantastic ending.

With all the media coverage of Peterson these last couple of years, how sad is it that the best coverage is courtesy of Comedy Central? In any event, shrewd and funny piece with a fantastic ending.

I didn't know Jim Jeffries was a libtard. "Hate groups like the alt right". Lost all respect for him right there.

I didn't know Jim Jeffries was a libtard. "Hate groups like the alt right". Lost all respect for him right there.
what would you describe the alt right as?

The alt-right are not a hate group? Wtf?

Not that I respect Jeffries, he's a degenerate slob.

Yeah, the chick got treated with all the respect she deserved. Not quite as accurate an interview as it could have been though.

It isn't. Multiple longer interviews have taken place that deal with the issues in a far more substantive way.

Not saying this was bad or all the other interviews have been better, but the fact you think this was the best coverage on Peterson tells me more about your bias than anything about the quality of the other interviews.

I went to see a doctor yesterday about sciatic pain I've been having lately. I had a disc injury almost 10 years ago needed surgery I was worried about a spinal issue.

Anyway, we were talking about sleeping issues and at some point he asked if I knew who Jordan Peterson was kind of out of nowhere. He recommended paying for his 40$ program it whatever it was. The Dr was pretty young had a game of thrones watch, which was pretty cool actually. Just a weird conversation we had. Kinda interesting he told me to go listen to Peterson.

I went to see a doctor yesterday about sciatic pain I've been having lately. I had a disc injury almost 10 years ago needed surgery I was worried about a spinal issue.

Anyway, we were talking about sleeping issues and at some point he asked if I knew who Jordan Peterson was kind of out of nowhere. He recommended paying for his 40$ program it whatever it was. The Dr was pretty young had a game of thrones watch, which was pretty cool actually. Just a weird conversation we had. Kinda interesting he told me to go listen to Peterson.

That was his solution to your lack of sleep?
Makes sense I guess...

That was his solution to your lack of sleep?
Makes sense I guess...

he wrote me a prescription for something new, but yeah after we were just talking and he alluded to Peterson's program as relative to quality of life and self improvement, I think. He basically just said I should really consider buying it, with almost no elaboration, it was a little weird.

he wrote me a prescription for something new, but yeah after we were just talking and he alluded to Peterson's program as relative to quality of life and self improvement, I think. He basically just said I should really consider buying it, with almost no elaboration, it was a little weird.
Hmm that is interesting, you going to do it?

It might have been funny if there was something more specific to what Peterson says and does. The person who wrote this could have mentioned something about her Peterson obsessed boyfriend making her clean her room or telling her to, "Get it together, Bucko" while he banged her. Basically the guy who wrote this just made-up a long-winded and unfunny "my boyfriend is gay for Jordan Peterson" story.

This is just what stupid people come up with when they wish there was something substantive against Peterson.

Jordan Peterson = Lord of the Incels

It isn't. Multiple longer interviews have taken place that deal with the issues in a far more substantive way.

Not saying this was bad or all the other interviews have been better, but the fact you think this was the best coverage on Peterson tells me more about your bias than anything about the quality of the other interviews.

I didn't say it was the best interview. Peterson's done innumerable interviews from the Channel 4 thing to his JRE appearances and everything in between, and a lot of them are obviously better and more substantive than this quick little Comedy Central segment. But I do think that it's the best coverage, especially of late with all the misinformed and/or agenda-laden "reporting" that's been done.

What are some examples that you'd hold up as better coverage? And, for my own curiosity, what bias of mine do you think is indicated by my opinion of that segment?

Jordan Peterson = Lord of the Incels
You say that like it's a bad thing. Peterson's whole message is directed at those on the fringe (ie: incels), to convince them that loathing about society is not the answer. The answer is self improvement.

I didn't say it was the best interview. Peterson's done innumerable interviews from the Channel 4 thing to his JRE appearances and everything in between, and a lot of them are obviously better and more substantive than this quick little Comedy Central segment. But I do think that it's the best coverage, especially of late with all the misinformed and/or agenda-laden "reporting" that's been done.

What are some examples that you'd hold up as better coverage? And, for my own curiosity, what bias of mine do you think is indicated by my opinion of that segment?

It seems to me that if Peterson wants to be taken seriously, his ideas ought to be critically examined and challenged by the people he discusses them with. Segments like the one quoted are entertaining but not substantive or particularly engaging, IMHO. Depends what you want to get out of them I guess. I saw a lot of fans of his took exception to almost every interview that took place, describing them as hatchet jobs and example of an SJW conspiracy among the media to slander him, when in fact they were simply asking for justification of his ideas.

Peterson fans seem to both proclaim they want ideas to he vigorously debated and opinions and thoughts freely expressed, but anything short of adherence to his philosophy is evidence of a ideological crusade to bury some truth he is speaking. Reeks of hypocrisy and snowflakism, and I can't help but deem his fanbase as cult like, rather than based in critical thinking.

I remember a BBC radio interview was particularly good, respectful but challenging. I'll try and link it later. You may know the one I am referencing.

I've just seen you post in numerous JP threads as a vociferous defender (nothing wrong with that!). I think the media coverage has been as a whole, very fair, and often not challenging him enough, with a few notable exceptions. Hence my comment.

Have a good day.

Back