dontsnitch

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Post all things Jordan Peterson here.

Here is the first thread (V1).

----

The video that got it all started:

TORONTO — As part of an hour-long YouTube lecture on political correctness, University of Toronto professor and clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson is objecting to the Trudeau government’s Bill C-16, which proposes to outlaw harassment and discrimination based on gender identity and gender expression under the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code.

Im with her

CuwpFVpWgAA3suO.jpg

I still cant understand, is he religious or not??? Seriously asking.

For those curious, the Rogan podcast interview with Peterson is a pretty good one to check out

This show would NEVER make it in todays sjw climate. There would literally be people literally shaking in the streets. Literally.
I was gonna find the snl Pat skit but I can't even find one.

Peterson's second discussion with Sam Harris is worth a listen.

Big fan of Peterson's and Harris. I tend to get more value and wisdom from what Peterson has to say.

For those curious, the Rogan podcast interview with Peterson is a pretty good one to check out

Not sure if that was the first or second, but the first one sucked (entertaining but not useful) and the second was pretty good.

JP has a totally bizarre concept of truth and plays a word game that is quite frustrating. Super likable and smart guy and makes lots of good points but his views on truth are head scratching.

Sam Harris' podcast is great.

Not sure if that was the first or second, but the first one sucked (entertaining but not useful) and the second was pretty good.

JP has a totally bizarre concept of truth and plays a word game that is quite frustrating. Super likable and smart guy and makes lots of good points but his views on truth are head scratching.

Agreed, and that's very odd considering how unflinchingly liberal he is on the right to free speech. His views on truth are illiberal as all hell.

I only watched the second Harris podcast with Peterson and while entertaining I wouldn't suggest that as a good intro to Peterson because they were focused on a narrower band.

I found the Rogan podcast better by comparison in terms of getting where he's coming from in broader sense, including the underlying reasoning. Different type of discussion.

I think I get where he's coming from in regards to truth. That there are two types of truth (scientific truth, and meta-truth). The second one is not so simple, but I think there is validity to it. It gets a little philosophical I suppose, but it is an attempt to capture something that does exist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back