The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

I haven't seen Exit Through the Gift Shop. For me, documentaries are to film what textbooks are to literature: If I don't care about the subject, then I'm not wasting my time with it. And I don't care about Banksy or that type of "art," so I don't ever plan on watching Exit Through the Gift Shop. If anything, it'd probably just make me more contemptuous of contemporary art and its criticism :mad:

This was a lot funnier than I'd anticipated.

That's cool. I'm not into art but it was recommended to me by someone who liked weird movies like I do. Anyway it shows what a joke "modern art" is. It's not really about Banksy but some about a guy documenting him. It's weird and seems to have deep meaning....more than just what a joke "modern art" is. It would likely make you more contemptuous of contemporary art....therefore probably no need to see if even if you were interested, which you are not.
Thanks for answering me and I have enjoyed reading your posts on this thread and enjoyed your lecture on Inception that you posted. I'm a huge fan of Inception and everything by Christopher Nolan (The Prestige, etc....).

That's cool. I'm not into art but it was recommended to me by someone who liked weird movies like I do. Anyway it shows what a joke "modern art" is.

Yeah, I'm largely indifferent to "fine" art. Just not my bag. But (post)modern art and its criticism, that shit's infuriating nonsense.

Thanks for answering me and I have enjoyed reading your posts on this thread

No problem. If you liked what I had to say in here, you can check out the essay that I linked to in post #784 for a more elaborate and "academic" take. I'd also recommend, should you find yourself so inclined, the book Who Says That's Art? by Michelle Marder Kamhi (https://www.mmkamhi.com/who-says/about-the-book/), which is an intellectually rigorous but easy-to-read and accessible critique of (post)modern art specifically geared towards "fine" art.

and enjoyed your lecture on Inception that you posted. I'm a huge fan of Inception and everything by Christopher Nolan (The Prestige, etc....).

The more Christopher Nolan fans, the better ;)

Recent interview (December 20th) with Lindsay Shepherd.

So another alt-right is exposed while slyly having a "neutral" discussion about ongoing trans language issues. She then exposes the class to alt-right apologist Peterson having a debate about hate speech and both are outed for being transphobic.

The alt-right is huge, maybe as pervasive as msm is telling us.

Dang, I just reread this and I guess I'm part of the alt-right.

I found it interesting/horrifying that the Rainbow Group (? coalition) says that it is transphobic for that group to have to show evidence to back up their claims of increased violence they say happened since she showed that video in class. According to Lindsay, she ask about campus police reports and there weren't any. Then she asked for evidence of this increased violence and that was called transphobic.

She handled herself very well there and it's good to see the issue getting the media coverage it deserves despite all the defamatory labels hurled at her and free speech proponents in general.

Anyone else put in mind of title 9 cases with the way Lindsay S was dealt with?

Smart cookie, btw. Seems like the ideal representative of the sane left.

Happy holidays, buckos.

I probably won't get the chance to watch this for a while, but I figured other people might be interested if they haven't already seen it. Peterson sits down with two professors from Wilfrid Laurier to break down the Lindsay Shepherd incident.

Even though I'm an athiest (and a devout one at that) I've come to see the wisdom in many of the biblical stories due to Dr. Peterson's lectures. Just wanted to share that because there is a lot of wisdom and self-reflection to be had.

Hah! That was quite entertaining. Looks like warmed her heart in the end.
My god, how many times did she attempt a gotcha! moment?

Peterson is nothing more than an opportunistic snake oil salesman who entry level plebs praise as an "intellectual".

It's hilarious people pay to hear this jackass speak

I'm sometimes humbled to know that I post amongst intellectual giants here in the WR, where tenured professors at respected universities and published authors are looked at as dumbasses.

A lesson in patience. Well worth a watch.

"So you're saying..."

No, you fucking nipplehead, he's saying what he is actually saying. Listen and comprehend dammit. Lol

I'm sometimes humbled to know that I post amongst intellectual giants here in the WR, where tenured professors at respected universities and published authors are looked at as dumbasses.

He isn't a dumbass at all, however if a grown man need to pay another grown man to tell them to "clean their rooms" I'm not sure they're getting much value out of their dollar. Peterson is about making money first a foremost, not setting some sort of social precedent.

He isn't a dumbass at all, however if a grown man need to pay another grown man to tell them to "clean their rooms" I'm not sure they're getting much value out of their dollar. Peterson is about making money first a foremost, not setting some sort of social precedent.
Whenever the money comment comes up in a Peterson conversation I wonder if the commenter knows the chain of events that led Peterson into the limelight. The guy lost a bunch of weight and was a complete nervous wreck when this all started. If it's all an act then he could have bypassed Weinsteins dick and made it big in Hollywood.

If all you hear is "clean your room" when listening to Peterson then I don't know what to tell you. Yeah, he covers ground from the most basic of things upwards, and some of his ideas are questionable (same as with anyone), but there is content worth listening to as well. To dismiss him outright as "an opportunistic snakeoil salesman" is way off base imo.

Peterson is nothing more than an opportunistic snake oil salesman who entry level plebs praise as an "intellectual".

It's hilarious people pay to hear this jackass speak

Im starting to realise this

Watch his youtube videos, you will see him taking any opportunity possible to plug his self authoring program, constant plugs.

Back