The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

Not long ago a co-worker asked me if I had heard anything about "some bill" that was "messing with gender stuff", and I don't believe that this ignorance is uncommon. It's almost too surreal for normal people to believe.

Such ignorance can get you dragged in front of the Nu-Legal system

The government is going to need to issue an 'Official Canadian Rules for Social Conduct and Etiquette' booklet, so that people don't inadvertently find themselves committing thought crimes.

The 72+ genders will have to be in there for sure.

It is really bizarre, when you think how far this sort of thing could go.

The lulziest 4 minutes of the Senate hearings for me were these:

I mean, the enemy of my enemy and all that, but I can't help but hope we see Peterson share a stage with her at some point as well.

@ 1:43: "Patriarchy was invented in order to control women's reproductive capacity and gender was created to naturalize and reinforce that hierarchical system."

I wonder what year patriarchy was invented and how many men got together at the meeting in order to sort out the details regarding how patriarchy would be carried out. I am guessing patriarchy was invented by the Jews. <45><45>

Such ignorance can get you dragged in front of the Nu-Legal system

The government is going to need to issue an 'Official Canadian Rules for Social Conduct and Etiquette' booklet, so that people don't inadvertently find themselves committing thought crimes.

The 72+ genders will have to be in there for sure.

It is really bizarre, when you think how far this sort of thing could go.

My WR training kicked in, and I didn't respond to the question. Instead, I pretended I had never heard of this bill, and gave a non-answer about how everyone deserves respect. As if I'm going to announce to the world that I disagree with the current zeitgeist...

I still can't decide which side to take on this, especially after watching a few hours of the Senate footage. It seems remarkable that so many Senators would be so confident that people like Peterson and Saad could continue to theorize and practice their professions without defying the law, and yet the precise wording of the Bill and the course of events that Peterson has documented over the last few months seem not to have been thoroughly addressed.

I suspect what will end up happening is that the Bill will become law and have much less of an impact on anyone's daily affairs than we've all been sort of imagining for the last little while, but if I'm wrong about that it's not too reassuring that it will be too late to intervene at that point.
If people are getting taken to the human rights tribunal for wearing shoes in someone elses house, you cant bet your life someone will take someone else to teh HRT for calling them a male.

"You can't be a Christian and disavow belief in hell, because hell is where you end up if you don't follow Christian principles. That might sound metaphysical, but it's not. If you fail to recognize the sacredness of human life, refuse to die and be reborn when that is necessary, assume that you possess omnipotent knowledge (as ideologues are likely to do) and lie in word and action then you will end up in hell." - J.P.

And is this incorrect??

"Peterson is a clinical psychologist by training and identifies himself as a Christian who is deeply religious. He criticizes atheists who he believes oversimplify the philosophy of Christianity based on their critiques."

http://q4lt.com/sam-harris-and-jordan-peterson-debate-missing-the-mark
That first statement doesnt say anything about what he believes it just says what christians belive.

That last statement could be wrong. You know Obama publicist put out that he was born in kenya when he wrote his first book.

My WR training kicked in, and I didn't respond to the question. Instead, I pretended I had never heard of this bill, and gave a non-answer about how everyone deserves respect. As if I'm going to announce to the world that I disagree with the current zeitgeist...

yeah, that's also what Peterson was saying that it just puts a 'chill' on certain topics when the thought crime stuff comes in. It's easiest to just avoid some topics with most people because they could be carriers of the standard issued reaction.

Invasion-of-the-Body-Snatchers-1.jpg

yeah, that's also what Peterson was saying that it just puts a 'chill' on certain topics when the thought crime stuff comes in. It's easiest to just avoid some topics with most people because they could be carriers of the standard issued reaction.

Invasion-of-the-Body-Snatchers-1.jpg

You're absolutely right, anyone could be a carrier. In fact, there are infected people who are watching us right now!

I was just watching his video where he pissed off the MGTOW movement. Quite entertaining reading the comments.

I was just watching his video where he pissed off the MGTOW movement. Quite entertaining reading the comments.

Watch Karen Staughn's rebuttal video. She really likes Jordan Peterson. But she goes off on him something fierce. I think it was that video that made Peterson dial back his comments and become more subtle about understanding why some will become MGTOW with the crap that's happened to them. But still implying that you shouldn't taint young boys into opting out of trying altogether.

Watch Karen Staughn's rebuttal video. She really likes Jordan Peterson. But she goes off on him something fierce. I think it was that video that made Peterson dial back his comments and become more subtle about understanding why some will become MGTOW with the crap that's happened to them. But still implying that you shouldn't taint young boys into opting out of trying altogether.
Yeah. He acknowledged his mistake and apologized for it.

(timestamped)

Thanks. I'll look it up.

MGTOW is a pretty toxic movement from what I've seen.

Thanks. I'll look it up.

MGTOW is a pretty toxic movement from what I've seen.

MGTOW becomes toxic when "redpillers" end up co-opting the movement. Most of them are cringe as fuck but just seem to be honestly about finding other ways to be satisfied with life. When you get the legit woman hating crowd muddying the waters, it gets gross.

Peterson is losing his shit on Twitter right now over the London attacks and the Saudis. I think Twitter is eventually gonna get him in trouble somehow, but at least he doesn't seem to get drunk and shitpost. I get where he's coming from with all this anti-Saudi shit but if only it were so easy. He should probably stay in his lane.

Peterson is losing his shit on Twitter right now over the London attacks and the Saudis. I think Twitter is eventually gonna get him in trouble somehow, but at least he doesn't seem to get drunk and shitpost. I get where he's coming from with all this anti-Saudi shit but if only it were so easy. He should probably stay in his lane.

Boom

I like this one though

But yeah I agree I haven't seen him be political before. Risky.

He mentioned before that he would be collaborating with some moderate Muslims on some project about Islam and the West. I am under the impression that a lot of Muslims don't like the House of Saud either.

Boom

I like this one though

But yeah I agree I haven't seen him be political before. Risky.

He mentioned before that he would be collaborating with some moderate Muslims on some project about Islam and the West. I am under the impression that a lot of Muslims don't like the House of Saud either.

Yes and I'm looking forward to his conversations with moderates and reformists and I think there's a lot of valuable insights he could contribute in terms of psychology and so forth. But I don't think he's some leading mind on economics or geopolitics, and I definitely don't think that Twitter tantrums are a good look for him.

Yes and I'm looking forward to his conversations with moderates and reformists and I think there's a lot of valuable insights he could contribute in terms of psychology and so forth. But I don't think he's some leading mind on economics or geopolitics, and I definitely don't think that Twitter tantrums are a good look for him.

I agree.

The Globe and Fail published what I would consider sort of a hit-piece on Peterson the other day:

Jordan Peterson and the trolls in the ivory tower
In the fight for ‘free speech,’ a university professor has found himself backed by the Internet’s most ruthless denizens while students cry foul. Simona Chiose investigates

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...jordan-peterson-crowdfunding/article35174379/

The Internet has been good to University of Toronto psychology professor Jordan Peterson, the self-proclaimed anti-political correctness warrior whose refusal to use gender-neutral pronouns has sparked a vicious battle at the University of Toronto campus and a heated debate about political correctness across the country. Peterson, who doesn’t recognize a person’s right to be addressed using genderless pronouns like “they,” rails against initiatives such as anti-discrimination legislation aimed at protecting the rights of transgendered people, describing them as dangerous, totalitarian and a threat to his own free speech. He also believes in sharing that view loudly and widely, through his prolific Twitter posts, YouTube channel and lectures to students and political groups.

You know it's gonna be good when there's sneer quotes around the phrase free speech in the headline. Anyway this same chick tried to come at Peterson a bit earlier with this brief write-up about the C-16 hearing:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...-at-senate-committee-hearing/article35035768/

Just a weird way to report on it, how he came under "intense questioning". Why not highlight the specific concerns he raised about the legislation surrounding the bill?

Last edited:
Children, who although lovable, also happen to be delicious...

Back