The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

2:04

I've never seen a person with eyebrows who looks so much like he doesn't have eyebrows.

its difficult to look at, I scurry to turn the video off when he appears

Halfway through, man Peterson is going off. He seems done with tip toeing around 'controversial' topics.

Halfway through, man Peterson is going off. He seems done with tip toeing around 'controversial' topics.

Excellent video. Peterson's talk should be mandatory viewing for everyone.

<{1-69}>

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent video. I especially like his criticisms of Wynne.

Yeah he described it pretty well. His anecdote was funny in that they were considered as the radical leftists that the were the far left fringe of the NDP in his day.

There is nothing 'liberal' about them.

Yeah he described it pretty well. His anecdote was funny in that they were considered as the radical leftists that the were the far left fringe of the NDP in his day.

There is nothing 'liberal' about them.

I can't help but feel vindicated hearing Peterson describe what many of us have been voicing for a while now. His alarm bells are going off just as ours are.

I can't help but feel vindicated hearing Peterson describe what many of us have been voicing for a while now. His alarm bells are going off just as ours are.

I hope Andrew Scheer watches that video and is inspired by it.

@dontsnitch

One of the many things I appreciate about Jordan Peterson's talk was his focus on immigrants and how conservative most of them are. I know a lot of immigrants through my wife (who is an immigrant) and the majority of them are extremely socially conservative. One of my best friends during University was a Muslim woman with 4 children because we shared similar views relating to social conservatism. It is worth mentioning that the radical leftist students in my class would not talk to her because of her prudence and restraint.

It is the immigrants who are placing their children in, and demanding more, traditional schools that emphasis rigor and make the students wear uniforms. A lot of immigrants oppose the ridiculous sex education that the left want to impose on young children in schools.

Peterson makes a great point when he talks about the conservative party making far more effort to appeal to immigrants. Immigrants can play a large role in stopping the SJWs.

Last edited by a moderator:
@dontsnitch

One of the many things I appreciate about Jordan Peterson's talk was his focus on immigrants and how conservative most of them are. I know a lot of immigrants through my wife (who is an immigrant) and the majority of them are extremely socially conservative. One of my best friends during University was a Muslim woman with 4 children because we shared similar views relating to social conservatism. It was interesting that the radical leftist students in my class would not talk to her.

It is the immigrants who are placing their children and demanding traditional schools with that emphasis rigor and make the students wear uniforms. A lot of immigrants oppose the ridiculous sex education that the left want to impose on young children in schools.

Peterson makes a great point when he talks about the conservative party making far more effort to appeal to immigrants. Immigrants can play a large role in stopping the SJWs.

Yeah, there are a lot of interests at play. Immigrants are traditionally conservative, but that's not necessarily a good thing, because it's their own culture they're trying to conserve, not ours, and they're often mutually exclusive. Combine that with the fact that the Left are generally more welcoming of them and less critical of their values, and it makes drawing combat lines difficult to do.

As for Scheer, everything he says about foreign policy is what has traditionally turned me off from the Conservative party. He sounds like a pro-Israel, pro-interventionist that I've always rejected. At the same time, the mere fact that he's willing to criticize M103 and Bill C16 means I'll likely plug my nose and vote for him, and hope for the best.

As for Scheer, everything he says about foreign policy is what has traditionally turned me off from the Conservative party. He sounds like a pro-Israel, pro-interventionist that I've always rejected. At the same time, the mere fact that he's willing to criticize M103 and Bill C16 means I'll likely plug my nose and vote for him, and hope for the best.

Scheer's stance on M103 and C16 is more important to you than his foreign policy positions?

I think M103 and C16 are dumb, but I would never use either of them to determine whether I'll support a politician or not, based on their support or opposition regarding them, because neither of them are remotely important.

I have a hierarchy of what matters to me in the political arena and it roughly goes like this:

1. Economy (ie taxes and spending)
2. Foreign policy (military issues, trade, immigration)
3. Environment
4. Social issues

Social issues play to peoples' emotions, but they're not important.

Scheer's stance on M103 and C16 is more important to you than his foreign policy positions?

I think M103 and C16 are dumb, but I would never use either of them to determine whether I'll support a politician or not, based on their support or opposition regarding them, because neither of them are remotely important.

I have a hierarchy of what matters to me in the political arena and it roughly goes like this:

1. Economy (ie taxes and spending)
2. Foreign policy (military issues, trade, immigration)
3. Environment
4. Social issues

Social issues play to peoples' emotions, but they're not important.

That's not quite an accurate assessment, because my stance depends on what the opposing foreign policy position is. In a vacuum, Scheer's foreign policy may render him unelectable to me, but given that Trudeau is ramping military spending and is voicing a foreign policy that's virtually indistinguishable from that of the Right, Scheer's common sense stance on things like Bill C-16 become more of a deciding factor.

Ha, I just watched this yesterday. I wish I had him as a life coach growing up.

It took me a long time of toiling in thought and trying to figure things out in a lot of areas, that I could have just gotten from Peterson without so much hassle.

If I could go back in time, I would send Peterson videos back with me!

It took me a long time of toiling in thought and trying to figure things out in a lot of areas, that I could have just gotten from Peterson without so much hassle.

If I could go back in time, I would send Peterson videos back with me!

I wish I would have had an influence in my life like Peterson in my early 20's instead of watching him in my 30's. Tragically, it took me far too long to realize I have to grow up and take responsibility for my life. :(

For Peterson fans who are also of the mindset that engaging moderate Muslims is a mistake, or that there are none, check his most recent video on conservative principles. He argues that it's obvious that conservatives should be engaging moderate Muslims (and welcoming minority immigrants), and that there are tons of them out there to engage with.

Not really familiar with this guy
Could somebody recommend a best-of so I can decide if I listen to more of his stuff? Or maybe summarize his positions?
thx

Back