The Hypocrisy of MM and his "superfight" pay

They're in the same card. It might be that a call out between the winners is gonna happen

Needs some tatts or a funny haircut. Maybe needs to call people of entire country filthy.
Nice guy with skills just doesn't cut it anymore.

It's not that. It's just that not a lot of people like to watch midgets fight. It doesn't feel right. At least to me. It has that "freak show " vibe to it...

the amount MM wanted was 2 million .... I think after this fight with Cody and TJ UFC should push this fight ..

Pay the man his money and let's get it on !!

I wonder if MM has stopped to the level of threatening to sign bellator and beat hos current title defenses under bellator banner

lots of threads crapping on MM and UFC if we don't get the announcement on July 7th .. Hope media ask over and over a out TJ
Does Bellator have a 125 LB division now? Not so sure MM could beat Caldwell more than once to break that record.

DJ’s estimated Total Career Earnings: $3,085,000

That’s over 20 fights spanning back to WEC

I’m pretty sure the UFC happily offered him at least 1 Million guaranteed for a fight against TJ.

What DJ should’ve thought:
So you’re telling me you’re gonna pay me 1/3rd of what I made my whole career in 1 night? In addition to potentially earning the 3 other things I always bitch about (respect, PPV numbers, super-fight). And whether I win, lose or draw I’ll definitely have more fans than ever before? Damnnn, Finally my time has come thanks Dana!

What DJ actually thought:
Nahhh, I’m good. Too much risk. Where’s the contract for the Cejudo fight? I already beat this guys ass so bad nobody will give 2 fucks about watching it again surely but I’ll just make my $400k and extend my BS streak that nobody takes seriously or cares about outside of me and like 30 people between family, friends, teammates and fans.

How can I justify ducking a guy that’s willing and likely to make weight to come down and fight me in my division? Demand $2 million dollars, a stacked card, PPV points and cite an injury for good measure as a reason for not being ready.

Dana: Hey Demetrious you’re going to co-main 227 against Cejudo like you wanted.

DJ: sighs :::thank the lord:::

Dana: Hope you’re happy and don’t even fucking dare about asking for PPV points. PS Dillashaw is headlining.

DJ:
AchingSillyBarebirdbat-max-1mb.gif

DJ’s estimated Total Career Earnings: $3,085,000

Idea of this fight is stupid.
MM should be paid more, you're respected when you are paid, he is not respected by UFC I guess.
If UFC's idea of buisness is waiting for champion who can selfpromote and pay him 100 k per fight then good luck.

MM should be paid more, you're respected when you are paid, he is not respected by UFC I guess.
If UFC's idea of buisness is waiting for champion who can selfpromote and pay him 100 k per fight then good luck.
The idea of a 125lb division is what's stupid. They could pay him $100 million, it wouldn't make me anymore interested in the pokemon division. People are only interested in freaks on the other end of the bell curve.

The idea of a 125lb division is what's stupid. They could pay him $100 million, it wouldn't make me anymore interested in the pokemon division. People are only interested in freaks on the other end of the bell curve.

It was not stupid, they were thinking about asian market, but somehow it didn't work (Hiroguchi is not even in UFC right now, no other asian prospects).

It was not stupid, they were thinking about asian market, but somehow it didn't work (Hiroguchi is not even in UFC right now, no other asian prospects).
What makes you think this appeals to the Asian market? They like giant, not midges, look at the freak show fights in Pride. Also the smallest weight division in Pride FC was 160 lb.

He would’ve easily cleared more than 1/3rd of the money in 1 night than he did fighting pretty much his whole time in the UFC. That is more than fair pay.

He is not respected by the UFC or the fans cause he’s fighting guys like Reis, Elliott, Borg which wasn’t really his fault cause there was no other challengers at the time but when TJ wants to fight at DJ’s weight class he is terrified and does everything to duck him and settles for a fight against Cejudo.

The same Cejudo he destroyed in under 3 mins just over 2 years ago. The same Cejudo who happens to be the last guy that DJ finished. How the fuck are you supposed to promote that shit? I know Cejudo has improved since then but nobody really cares.

If he would’ve fought TJ the fight would’ve promoted itself. I think FLW is lame and I’m pretty sure the majority would agree but that fight would’ve been a banger no doubt and drawn interest for sure.

If he beat TJ he basically solidifies his streak and legacy. At the very least people including haters/doubters wouldn’t consider it a joke. Even if he lost to TJ more people would actually tune in to see him fight than ever before and he’d gain respect cause people will see his skills against a worthy opponent and like I said there’s no way that’s not a bad ass fight.

He knows he will lose hence the talk of more money but the lower competition he faces so often he mentions nothing of wanting more money because he knows he will win

The same Cejudo he destroyed in under 3 mins just over 2 years ago. The same Cejudo who happens to be the last guy that DJ finished. How the fuck are you supposed to promote that shit? I know Cejudo has improved since then but nobody really cares.
MM going up is ok, TJ going down not really.
Also if my memory is correct, he finished Ray Borg, last time he fought.
Cejudo is best oponnent, he smoked Pettis, and Pettis won against Benavidez (it was kinda controversial for me, but still), so there's no better contender. Cejudo will trashtalk, so it's improve for this division. (too all crybabies, yes trashtalk is important)

What makes you think this appeals to the Asian market? They like giant, not midges, look at the freak show fights in Pride. Also the smallest weight division in Pride FC was 160 lb.
I'm not talking about viewers, I'm talking about talent pool from Asia. Hiroguchi isn't giant but fairly popular in Japan, same these atomweight chicks, so...

Frankie was always small at 155 and was a replacement for Erik Koch who was originally scheduled to face Aldo.
Is that still not a precedent that was set?

The irony of it all is since MM refused a fight people have talked non stop about him.
I was once told no PR are bad PR by some Sherdoggers.
So by that measurement MM seems to be doing good.

Also insert beating dead horse gif.
MM must be the biggest draw now! Incoming 5 mill ppv buys for Mr Mouse!

He doesnt draw thats why he should do everything in his power to get a superfight or at least the biggest fight.
But no he goes and fights Cejudo.

NO this is just silly.

MM has an existing Champions Contract which he negotiated and signed which is for him to fight all comers to his division that the UFC puts forth as a contender. The fighter should NEVER be able to pick and choose between anyone who chooses to fight in that division and who the UFC puts forth based on 'this guy looks too dangerous', 'that guy is a big name ', forget I have a contract and lets negotiate.

That would instantly become a way to avoid fighting any threatening competition by simply saying I want to be paid more and making sure you asked for an amount you know they will not pay and then getting an easier fight.

If the UFC came back to MM and said "hey Cejudo looks like an easy fight that likely will not sell well so we want to renegotiate your contract and pay you 1/2' I would equally call BS on the UFC. The contract is in place for a reason. If this was a short notice request by the UFC or they were asking him to move up out of his division then by all means, set your price MM. But for a defense in your own division, no that is what your contract is for.

NO this is just silly.

MM has an existing Champions Contract which he negotiated and signed which is for him to fight all comers to his division that the UFC puts forth as a contender. The fighter should NEVER be able to pick and choose between anyone who chooses to fight in that division and who the UFC puts forth based on 'this guy looks too dangerous', 'that guy is a big name ', forget I have a contract and lets negotiate.

That would instantly become a way to avoid fighting any threatening competition by simply saying I want to be paid more and making sure you asked for an amount you know they will not pay and then getting an easier fight.

If the UFC came back to MM and said "hey Cejudo looks like an easy fight that likely will not sell well so we want to renegotiate your contract and pay you 1/2' I would equally call BS on the UFC. The contract is in place for a reason. If this was a short notice request by the UFC or they were asking him to move up out of his division then by all means, set your price MM. But for a defense in your own division, no that is what your contract is for.

If he is doing something wrong they should strip him.

If he is doing something wrong they should strip him.
If they wanted to make a point, sure.

But the division is painfully weak below him. So who gets the interim Title and if he chooses to fight again how long does it take for him to get it back? It would be kind of pointless other than to make a point.

Back