The Hierarchy Of Muay Thai Brands?

If anyone would like barely used Fairtex BGV1s 16oz red hook and loop shoot me a PM.

thanks i got them from the ebay store of muaythai-fighting, I've sent them pictures and they've agreed to a return ASAP, and so far I am awaiting instructions on how the return process will be completed.

I will never order from "MuayThai- Fighting's" ebay store again!
The return policy for their ebay sight isn't the same as their regular sight.
Buyer pays return costs from the ebay sight.
I had to send back my first pair of Boons at my cost because they were defective!
Cheapest shipping to Thailand I could find was $20.
Shipping was fast but that doesn't make up for the extra cost the gloves ended up running me.
They didn't even throw in anything for the hassle.
F**ck them they won't see any more of my money.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used their ebay sight to sell irregular shit.

Title sells boons, i wanted a pair got impatient and went fairtex instead. Should stuck with boon

Title sells boons, i wanted a pair got impatient and went fairtex instead. Should stuck with boon

Maybe you already posted about this in another post, but why do feel this way about the Boons vs. the Fairtex's? Thanks.

I was unaware that the BGV1 lacked a grip bar, and many people stated they are on cletos quality which they were not. I just felt somewhat disappointed.

The boons were simply just a glove i wanted, i never tried them out, but they looked solid and everyone here seems to love them. They were my 1st choice but i got impatient and decided to go with fairtex instead.

Based on others posts/reviews boons have the better hand compartment and feel.

Fairtexs were great but just not for me, which is why i offered to sell them at a discounted price of course to anyone in the US if they wanted them.

I was unaware that the BGV1 lacked a grip bar, and many people stated they are on cletos quality which they were not. I just felt somewhat disappointed.

The boons were simply just a glove i wanted, i never tried them out, but they looked solid and everyone here seems to love them. They were my 1st choice but i got impatient and decided to go with fairtex instead.

Based on others posts/reviews boons have the better hand compartment and feel.

Fairtexs were great but just not for me, which is why i offered to sell them at a discounted price of course to anyone in the US if they wanted them.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I've had had experience with the Fairtex BGV1 but not with the Boon's (at least not yet), so I was curious regarding your thoughts and experiences.

Yeah I wish I went boon lmao I still regret it. I'm holding off on gloves for a while. Maybe if I went bgv9 I would have liked them alot more

I use both Boon and the bgv1, and the bgv1 is simply the better glove. But there is a long break in period where it is very uncomfortable to use. But once its done, nothing feels better on your hand.

Boons felt nicer straight out of the box, but isnt getting better with use like the Fairtex did, and I dont think it will last as long. However, the Boons have the most comfortable thumb compartment I've ever used in a glove.

Cool bad seed thanks! Have you tried the bvg9?

I have bgv9's on the way, ill review them side by side with a bgv1.

I have had both bgv1 and newer boons. bgv1 are better gloves. only thing i wish is a smaller hand compartment in the bgv1 then it's perfect. but it is fine with wraps. I dont see what all the hype on the boons is about. had it for a week, hated it, got rid of it. bgv1 feels better and better with time. but it's definitely not something I would spar with. I use twins for that. in fact, i rather use twins than the boons. just my 0.02

Maybe I should just try twins then. Problem is people said they are pillowy.

Maybe I should just try twins then. Problem is people said they are pillowy.

A lot of people complain about the padding distribution, but for MT purposes, it's a nice glove for defense and clinching -- the padding on the base of the back of the hand and the ulnar ridge are great for blocking and parrying respectively (especially for high powered kicks), and it's quite easy to open your hand to engage in the clinch with these gloves (also, the wrist cuff is a little shorter than other brands, so you have a little more wrist maneuverability for clinching at the cost of stiff support for power punching, but good wrapping offers enough support IMHO). I myself prefer Twins as my game mainly revolves around kicking and kneeing/clinching and less on punching. Perhaps the only complaint I have is that elbowing can get a little clumsy on the 16 oz.'s, but you get used to it really quickly (and your elbows become killer with smaller gloves thereafter LOL).

yeah the 16oz twins are really big compared to fairtex and windy

Yeah, twins are defiantly bigger than fairtex, boon and windy but thy are still good gloves. I like the twins that I have but I prefer my fairtex still. I disagree about the bgv1 being bad for sparring, most people at my gym includin myself use these gloves and we don't really have problems when sparring. Also the times I've been in Thailand I've seen plenty op people sparring with them.

Speaking of windy, their new shorts look awesome and thy have free shipping worldwide....

I traded a diff pair of gloves for the BGV9s ill keep you guys posted.

A lot of people complain about the padding distribution, but for MT purposes, it's a nice glove for defense and clinching -- the padding on the base of the back of the hand and the ulnar ridge are great for blocking and parrying respectively (especially for high powered kicks), and it's quite easy to open your hand to engage in the clinch with these gloves (also, the wrist cuff is a little shorter than other brands, so you have a little more wrist maneuverability for clinching at the cost of stiff support for power punching, but good wrapping offers enough support IMHO). I myself prefer Twins as my game mainly revolves around kicking and kneeing/clinching and less on punching. Perhaps the only complaint I have is that elbowing can get a little clumsy on the 16 oz.'s, but you get used to it really quickly (and your elbows become killer with smaller gloves thereafter LOL).

Just got my twin bgvl3 12ozs. Looking good so far, the left glove actually has extra wrinkles here there, but thats perhaps due to individual hand stitching inconsistencies, no biggie.

This glove is super tight tho, wrist protection is almost non existant for me (small small wrists), but the hand compartent is super tight (and i have small hands too). I had to change my wrapping to focus more on the wrists.

Thumb position feels nice, havent had the chance to test it on clinching tho.

Just got my twin bgvl3 12ozs. Looking good so far, the left glove actually has extra wrinkles here there, but thats perhaps due to individual hand stitching inconsistencies, no biggie.

This glove is super tight tho, wrist protection is almost non existant for me (small small wrists), but the hand compartent is super tight (and i have small hands too). I had to change my wrapping to focus more on the wrists.

Thumb position feels nice, havent had the chance to test it on clinching tho.

Good stuff! I'm a little surprised that you found the hand compartment tight, as general consensus (and personal experience) seems to point to the Twins as having a medium-sized hand compartment (the Top Kings are crazy tight LOL; for the record, I have long and wide but thin hands, if that makes any sense). Smart move on shifting the wrapping focus to your wrists as the Twins' cuff is indeed shorter than most other gloves' -- when you clinch, the advantage it offers should become readily apparent. :) I also agree about the thumb position; I like it too!

Just a small tangential question: you picked up a pair of the 2013 model, right? The ones with the black and red label (as opposed to the older models with the white and blue). There are some minor differences in the two models.

Anyway, enjoy your new gloves! Once they break in, they'll feel even better!

Over the back of the hand, in terms of depth if that makes sense, I found Twins (old, not tried new) to be really tight. The hand compartment is fairly wide though. I like them as gloves apart from the cuff but that's just for boxing, can see it as a plus for Muay Thai. Also found Top King/King crazy tight as well, tightest gloves I've ever had

Back