The Hierarchy Of Muay Thai Brands?

my 9s have shipped from Thailand, should have them in a week or so, ill figure out the picture thing and do a report/comparison between a few different gloves.

my 9s have shipped from Thailand, should have them in a week or so, ill figure out the picture thing and do a report/comparison between a few different gloves.

Looking forward to this!

I think you'll like them. I've gone through 3 pairs. Sold my last pair to a user on here. Thin padding and hard. Great gloves for smokers.

Yes, about BGV9. The foam is pretty stiff (COMPRESSED latex). BGV5 are soft.

Yeah the BGV9. If you work the bag a lot like my students and I did with ours, then you'll start to feel your knuckles go through the padding. It was our mistake maybe because we didn't cycle the gloves out. They're really good gloves so we used them straight for the bag and mitts until the padding wore out and the leather started to crack and peel. One of my favorite pairs of gloves.

Yeah after trying 2 sets of Fairtex gloves, I just wasn't a fan, I traded them off so they are off to a better home.

I also got a Windy glove set in, im pretty damn impressed.

Yeah after trying 2 sets of Fairtex gloves, I just wasn't a fan, I traded them off so they are off to a better home.

I also got a Windy glove set in, im pretty damn impressed.

Thats interesting, i always found windy gloves to be fairly comparable to fairtex. Im actually slowly starting to transition away from fairtex, I still like their stuff, but the R2C gloves have been working well and the GSPs will likely become my new go to as long as they fit me right.

Yeah I don't think Thai gloves as whole im a major fan of to be honest, I felt windy's were built better but had its own share of issues. The fit was impressive but yeah, I should have just gone with my gut and went Boon.

R2C makes really good products, I know they aren't thai, but yeah stay tuned Iron, ill post a R2C CUSTOM glove up soon in the review section!

IMO Fairtex, was just a poor man's Reyes.

But that depends on geographic location and shipping, example:

Like since you get fairtex cheap and direct it works out cuz its probably like 70-75 bucks where you are at. Great price! Id get them all day and wouldn't complain.

But if you are in the US for example, by the time you get them in, and pay all the Shipping and stuff... yeah... Id skip it.

I mean if you are loyal to the brand that's cool... some people are like that, no problems, but in the hierarchy of gloves as whole, IMO Fairtex doesn't really stand out. Its not a Great glove, like an A- or above, but its far from a bad glove.

BTW Pmed you back!

What didnt you like about the Windys.. or will I have to wait for the review? :D

The palm padding its too raised and doesn't allow you to properly use the grip bar to make a super tight fist.

I think for non punchers though theyd be a phenomenal glove.

AND... they got HOT, even for me!

Last edited:
Most boxers I know who get into Muay Thai dont really like the gloves and they end up sticking with a real boxing glove rather than a Thai glove. Thai gloves are what ive always used so they feel pretty natural for me. Real boxing gloves feel a bit strange to be but ill probably get a pair of Cletos at some point, probably a 12 or 14 oz velcro model.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the shape of the glove, im very open minded when it comes to that, its everything else.

And the BGV5 and 9 are pretty Reyes like. Different padding but pretty much same design.

I just let people talk me out of getting boon lol, oh well I guess I got to get them next, and finally try out twins.

Ill keep you guys posted.

Last edited:
And keep in mind Strato, those Windy's you got are from their "Pro Line". Most people arent familiar with that style of windy glove. Their regular gloves are just like a less compact Fairtex BGV1.

Thanks wes, but yeah I felt the proline were superior to the fit and feel as well as padding to fairtex bgv1 and 5.

Boon will be available in a couple of days btw, its in our waarehouse currently.

How do the boons perform? I finally just broke down and got a really good deal on them on auction. They werent the color I wanted but if they perform well i dont have much money invested into them. If I love them I will go through title and get the delicous boon brown from Wes & Co.

How do the boons perform? I finally just broke down and got a really good deal on them on auction. They werent the color I wanted but if they perform well i dont have much money invested into them. If I love them I will go through title and get the delicous boon brown from Wes & Co.

My prediction: you wont like them that much because they simply dont perform better than other thai gloves you have tried. Not that they arent good gloves but Ive never heard of anybody who has tried twins, fairtex and wndy or R2C have rave reviews about boons.

Back