The Gif: Rousey/Mcmann stoppage

When else do you see that happen?

I see cerrone in the foetal position practically begging for a stoppage. Mcmann had a hand on the mat trying to work her way back up to her feet.
And where was her other hand? I see Sara with 1 hand on the mat allowing herself to be propped up so she can grab her liver with her other hand. She didn't do this to get back to her feet or defend herself. She did it because she was in pain.

McMann went down, grabbed her liver with her hand and looked away, and offered no defense. McMann's body language caused the end of the fight, not bad reffing.

Even pro boxers grab their liver if they get hurt...a WBO Featherweight champ named Jose Ramirez clutched his side and damn near did a barrel roll on the mat after Lomachenko dug in there...

r2.gif

pettisko.gif
Not the same circumstances.

The point is Herb should know instinct takes over in those instances and to give fighters the chance to defend themselves...he immediately swooped in after McMann got dropped...

Do you even know what turtled up mean?

Cerrrone was semi-turtling, edgar vs maynard was turtling. This was not.

she was on her knees face down. the difference was she was holding her liver, not her head.

Even pro boxers grab their liver if they get hurt...a WBO Featherweight champ named Jose Ramirez clutched his side and damn near did a barrel roll on the mat after Lomachenko dug in there...

What's your point?

If this was boxing, she'd get to the count of 10 to get back up. This isn't boxing. She wasn't defending herself, and wasn't even looking at Rousey. The only reason people even question it is because she got right up when it was stopped.

McMann went down, grabbed her liver with her hand and looked away, and offered no defense. McMann's body language caused the end of the fight, not bad reffing.
Yes, she went down but she was moving to get up.
This isn't boxing until you fall and it is all over. It you not watch some of the early fights, particularly the pounding that Herb Dean let go on the undercard?
Stoppage was a very bad call.

What's your point?

If this was boxing, she'd get to the count of 10 to get back up. This isn't boxing. She wasn't defending herself, and wasn't even looking at Rousey. The only reason people even question it is because she got right up when it was stopped.

Don't you think MMA fighters should get a few seconds to intelligently defend themselves from a body shot because there's always going to be an immediate reaction of intense pain when you get hit with a legit shot on the liver?

People question it because Herb went in too early.

When you just watch this part...
r3.gif

the call seems even more justified. Herb stepped in when Sara's body language stated she was done.

CM Punk and Joe Rogan were saying same thing on the post show.

Dean gave her less than a second to mount any sort of defense. As BS as it gets. I defended him after 169 but this stoppage was blatantly early.

The fact that you defended him after 169 says your judgement sucks.

When you just watch this part...
r3.gif

The call seems even more justified.

CM Punk and Joe Rogan were saying same thing on the post show.

Yes, and Herb gave her approximately 1 second to defend herself from an immediate reaction to a shot to the liver.

herb ruined what could have been a potentially amazing wmma fight. by herb's standards overeem should be fighting werdum instead of browne

The fact that you defended him after 169 says your judgement sucks.

You mean after barao annihilated faber and dropped him multiple times in about two minutes? Yeah, horrible call :rolleyes:

A fighter on her knees with her hands on the floor isn't exactly screaming "I'm fine, let me continue to fight".
So, why did Dean let the other fight go on for so long?
I didn't realize this was knockdown and throw a few weak punches for a finish fight league, I thought this was Ultimate Fighting Championship, the league of the toughest fighters on the planet...except if you go down do a knee...I guess she should have flopped down and tried to recover, get that Leonard Garcia recovery allotment or shit, even on the same card did you seen the MacDonald v Maia fight, MacDonald had Maia stuffed and hit him, hit him solid punches, for a noticeable more time than the sequence in this fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back