The fight everyone is talking about....

There was a video of Mayweather supposedly accidentally saying "I can't be defensive, I've got to go down", and there was a lot of people speculating that Mayweathers comment about McGregor getting more in the rematch was because Mayweather was going to take a dive. Basically a lot of people have been speculating tyhat this fight is a work, and Mayweather going down is going to add fuel to the flames.

EDIT:
This was the quote

“This can’t be a defensive fight,” said Mayweather to ESPN in talking about the McGregor fight. “I got to go down. I go to him. I got to do what I got to do, because I owe the public for the Pacquiao fight. They weren’t pleased with the Pacquiao fight. They’re going to be pleased with this fight right here,” said Mayweather.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that.

Sounds like much ado about nothing and he's using "going down" in some slang sense, like being aggressive, fighting balls out.

Mayweather already has all the money in the world, so he doesn't need the money. And he's 49-0 across a career that spans more than two decades. It makes no sense for him to take a dive in this fight and tarnish his legacy.

I actually can't wait to see Floyd tool Conor and then read about all of Conor's fans bitching.
they'll complain about how unfair and limited the fight was under boxing rules and how Conor would destroy him in an MMA or street fight (true) while ignoring that Conor signed up for a boxing match.

Sounds like much ado about nothing and he's using "going down" in some slang sense, like being aggressive, fighting balls out.

Mayweather already has all the money in the world, so he doesn't need the money. And he's 49-0 across a career that spans more than two decades. It makes no sense for him to take a dive in this fight and tarnish his legacy.

Thats what I mean, that people are over thinking it. From what I read, he said "I got to go to him" about 5 times in succession shortly after saying "I got to go down" and they're saying it was a slip up. There was a youtube conspiracy video talking about it.

You know he owes the IRS back taxes right?

I forgot about that, but since you mention it, yes.

The man is expected to have made about a billion dollars after this fight. $1 billion. Unless he's been stupid with is money--like, really, really stupid--then the money he owes the IRS ain't shit.

If he really can't pay what they're asking, then that means that he's burned through almost every penny he's ever made in his career.

The man is expected to have made about a billion dollars after this fight. $1 billion. Unless he's been stupid with is money--like, really, really stupid--then the money he owes the IRS ain't shit.

If he really can't pay what they're asking, then that means that he's burned through almost every penny he's ever made in his career.

Yes, that's what he's done. He has several million dollar watches and I don't know how many million dollar cars.

Yes, that's what he's done. He has several million dollar watches and I don't know how many million dollar cars.

We'll need more than that to account for $700 million that I know he had earned up until around 2015.

And if a significant chunk of that is tied up in property, then he should just sell some of that shit and get clear with the IRS.

There's suggestion that that isn't even true. Even if it is, he'd sell one of his properties, or a couple of watches, or deposit the check for $100 million that he hasn't deposited yet, and he could pay it off.

He is not smart enough to put aside cash for his taxes before sinking his money into various assets.

That said, if he had to he owns the assets and could sell some of them to pay the taxes but what he has done historically and this time is get his next fight so he can pay the back taxes from the new money. his problem is that a year from now the IRS will be looking for his taxes from this fight and again he would have put nothing aside.

He is not smart enough to put aside cash for his taxes before sinking his money into various assets.

That said, if he had to he owns the assets and could sell some of them to pay the taxes but what he has done historically and this time is get his next fight so he can pay the back taxes from the new money. his problem is that a year from now the IRS will be looking for his taxes from this fight and again he would have put nothing aside.

I would just sell some cars and jewelry or whatever and call it a day. The fuck's he need all that shit for anyway?

Many people that get big payouts have no concept of how to use money. They spend like they will keep making that kind of money. They hire too many people, live in too big of a house and buy stupid things like watches cars and jewelry just to play big shot.

It's not only those who make a lot of money. I've known people who made decent money but were broke all the time. They get paid on Friday and are broke by Monday.

I wonder if the cable companies had to pay a set amount to offer the fight instead of just getting a cut per sale. They're being much more aggressive selling this fight.

This is like when Muhammed Ali fought that football player, or when I think Hulk Hogan fought some boxer or was that the Rocky movie.

Wilt-Chamberlain-towers-over-Muhammad-Ali.jpg

aliandwilt.jpg

muhammad-ali,-wilt-chamberlain.jpg

......is how the guy on UK TV spoke about it,so am I the only person who hasn't read 1 single article or gives zero fucks about Mayweather/MacGregor?

I presume it will be more difficult to avoid in the US,but is there anyone else not interested in "the fight everyone is talking about?"

I can't understand how someone could have zero interest for this fight. To me the fact that you made a thread about it kind of tells me otherwise.

I would just sell some cars and jewelry or whatever and call it a day. The fuck's he need all that shit for anyway?
yup sell some stuff and stop wasting money...

He has two fleets of luxury cars (including a $290,000 Bentley). All his cars at his Miami house are white, and the cars at his Vegas house are black.

he-has-two-fleets-of-luxury-cars-including-a-290000-bentley-all-his-cars-at-his-miami-house-are-white-and-the-cars-at-his-vegas-house-are-black.jpg

He only wears shoes once. He leaves them in hotel rooms for the staff when he's done.
he-only-wears-shoes-once-he-leaves-them-in-hotel-rooms-for-the-staff-when-hes-done.jpg

He is known for making insane, seven-figure bets on sporting events.
he-is-known-for-making-insane-seven-figure-bets-on-sporting-events.jpg

He spends millions on necklaces, and once had $7 million in jewelry stolen from his house.
he-spends-millions-on-necklaces-and-once-had-7-million-in-jewelry-stolen-from-his-house.jpg

He bought his ex-fiancee Shantel Jackson this ginormous ring before their ugly break up.
he-spreads-the-wealth-he-bought-his-ex-fiancee-shantel-jackson-this-ginormous-ring-before-their-ugly-break-up.jpg

But remarkably, Floyd doesn't have a single endorsement deal.
but-remarkably-floyd-doesnt-have-a-single-endorsement-deal.jpg

Cite

yup sell some stuff and stop wasting money...

He has two fleets of luxury cars (including a $290,000 Bentley). All his cars at his Miami house are white, and the cars at his Vegas house are black.

he-has-two-fleets-of-luxury-cars-including-a-290000-bentley-all-his-cars-at-his-miami-house-are-white-and-the-cars-at-his-vegas-house-are-black.jpg

He only wears shoes once. He leaves them in hotel rooms for the staff when he's done.
he-only-wears-shoes-once-he-leaves-them-in-hotel-rooms-for-the-staff-when-hes-done.jpg

He is known for making insane, seven-figure bets on sporting events.
he-is-known-for-making-insane-seven-figure-bets-on-sporting-events.jpg

He spends millions on necklaces, and once had $7 million in jewelry stolen from his house.
he-spends-millions-on-necklaces-and-once-had-7-million-in-jewelry-stolen-from-his-house.jpg

He bought his ex-fiancee Shantel Jackson this ginormous ring before their ugly break up.
he-spreads-the-wealth-he-bought-his-ex-fiancee-shantel-jackson-this-ginormous-ring-before-their-ugly-break-up.jpg

But remarkably, Floyd doesn't have a single endorsement deal.
but-remarkably-floyd-doesnt-have-a-single-endorsement-deal.jpg

Cite

That's hilarious and crazy.

I wonder what the deal is with endorsements. No one sponsors Money Mayweather?

they'll complain about how unfair and limited the fight was under boxing rules and how Conor would destroy him in an MMA or street fight (true) while ignoring that Conor signed up for a boxing match.

What really surprises is the amount of casuals that are exicted about this fight, its the same guys that tought Pacman was going to beat Floyd (cause he was too fast, too agressive, a real fighter..just like Connor ) and then were butthurt and dissing boxing in general when Floyd put out a "boxing" clinic and didnt bang.

Somehow they think a amateur boxer will be able to pull the too fast, too agressive , too unpredictable thing..

What really surprises is the amount of casuals that are exicted about this fight, its the same guys that tought Pacman was going to beat Floyd (cause he was too fast, too agressive, a real fighter..just like Connor ) and then were butthurt and dissing boxing in general when Floyd put out a "boxing" clinic and didnt bang.

Somehow they think a amateur boxer will be able to pull the too fast, too agressive , too unpredictable thing..
Well i don't blame people thinking Pacman could win as he was an elite, top boxer in his prime. But I favoured Money heavily in that fight.

Conor is a completely different thing. People who think a top MMA'ist can beat a top Boxer in their sport or vice versa... I wonder if they think a top golfer beats a top tennis player in their respective sports???

Seems so dumb.

I can't understand how someone could have zero interest for this fight. To me the fact that you made a thread about it kind of tells me otherwise.
Why does it tell you otherwise? I've saw Mayweather fight once, against Ricky Hatton,I've never saw MacGregor fight,although a friend did show me his KO gif of Aldo.

I actually have zero interest in any fights

Back