The fans want a Conor-Nate 3 after Floyd

Aksacli

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I am a Nick diaz fan but to be honest it was Either a draw, or 3-2 conor... very very very close fight. Definitly deserves a trillogy... to see who of the 2 is better, Nate finished Conor and Conor got a close decision. Give us Number 3 Baldie, to end this fued.

The winner fights Khabib or Tony ...

The "fans" want to see... you've used that term pretty loosely there

I thought both the Conor-Nate fights were highly entertaining. But he needs to defend the LW belt against Ferguson his first fight back or abdicate the title.

I thought fans wanted to see fighters who actually deserve title shots get them. If Diaz wants a 3rd fight, he should beat a top LW first.

I thought fans wanted to see fighters who actually deserve title shots get them. If Diaz wants a 3rd fight, he should beat a top LW first.
Lol What did conor do to deserve a shot against Eddie when Tony and Khabib were above HIM in rankings. Please cut the crap.

Yeah...that term has been doing the rounds in the last week.

"We made Conor vs Floyd because that's the fight we could earn a fuck-ton of money on the fans wanted"

Now, let's put the timing of the fight aside, because I think there's no way this fight should be McGregor's next MMA fight (if he returns). But anyone who saw the first two fights and doesn't want to see a third has let the drama get to them too much imo. That's the kind of person where i'd question how much of a fan of fighting they are. The Conor-Nate fights were great regardless of who you were pulling for. A third is something I'd certainly be up for. It would easily be one of the best trilogies ever.

I think Conor fights Woodley or GSP. You don't go from boxing Floyd to fighting a no name like Tony or fighting Nate again. Not yet anyway.

No thank you. They can each fight other 155ers in UFC before a rematch.

Lol What did conor do to deserve a shot against Eddie when Tony and Khabib were above HIM in rankings. Please cut the crap.
Khabib hasn't done enough to merit a LW shot. He's done more than Conor to be fair, but Khabib is more hyped and untested at LW than McGregor was at FW, and by far. Ferguson should have been the next contender, but was leap-frogged by the Irishman.

Yeah...that term has been doing the rounds in the last week.

"We made Conor vs Floyd because that's the fight we could earn a fuck-ton of money on the fans wanted"
If the miracle of miracles happens, and McGregor lands and knocks out Floyd Mayweather -- any man can land on another man even though it's an unlikely scenario that a novice boxer would beat Floyd Mayweather -- it's not going to hurt boxing, really, but it won't help boxing either. It won't win over MMA fans or bring new fans to boxing.

Who the Fuck wants to see this shit???

I want to see Conor vs Fersguson or Khabib. Fuck off with this Conor vs Nate 3 shit

i want kebab in december. no interest in tony or diaz.

What I'd like to see is.

Conor vs Floyd
Conor vs Tony
Conor vs Nate(but only of he get a top 5 win during this time)
Then take on the WW champ.

But honestly I think there's a very good chance Conor goes straight after Woodley if he beats Maia...

Conor won both fights, why the 3rd?

Well the ppv Numbers of the first 2 dont lie.

PPV numbers doesn't represent fight fans, it represents the latest craze the UFC has promoted to the eyeballs on social media to attract those who want to be fight fans, but can't be bothered to actually follow the sport. Cynical I know. :)

Now, let's put the timing of the fight aside, because I think there's no way this fight should be McGregor's next MMA fight (if he returns). But anyone who saw the first two fights and doesn't want to see a third has let the drama get to them too much imo. That's the kind of person where i'd question how much of a fan of fighting they are. The Conor-Nate fights were great regardless of who you were pulling for. A third is something I'd certainly be up for. It would easily be one of the best trilogies ever.

I always appreciate your sensible viewpoints my friend I really do and of course I am not saying I would refuse to watch the fight - of course I would watch it! But surely you understand that if Conor was to return to MMA with (yet another) ultimately meaningless fight, it will do damage for his reputation amongst hardcore fans who just for the love of god want to see him defend a belt. I appreciate it's a fun trilogy, but one of the best trilogies ever? I personally don't agree. One of the most hyped trilogies ever? Yes certainly. But just take a look at some of the other trilogies (and there have been plenty) occuring in MMA over the last 15 years... Cain/JDS, Edgar/Maynard, GSP/Hughes, Silva/Jackson, hell even Fedor/Nog back in the day... these trilogies always involved title contentions and high stakes... this is what Conor/Diaz lacks. If Diaz had been champion (or even close to title level) at the time of their initial fight, I would hold a lot more stock in this trilogy. Unfortunately, I just see it as a highly marketable clash of big personalities that the UFC has capitalised on to its fullest extent.

Back