The fans want a Conor-Nate 3 after Floyd

What I'd like to see is.

Conor vs Floyd
Conor vs Tony
Conor vs Nate(but only of he get a top 5 win during this time)

Yeah I agree, he has to defend against a legit contender before going after Nate again. And a Nate fight would only be truly legit if Nate secures a top 5 win in that time. In which case, I'm totally down with Conor/Nate 3 and think under those circumstances the fight would be electric!

Nate Diaz is irrelevant. Fun fighter to watch, but irrelevant nonetheless.

Lol What did conor do to deserve a shot against Eddie when Tony and Khabib were above HIM in rankings. Please cut the crap.

He was the Champion of the division below LW. Diaz is not a Champion and never has been.

I'm a Diaz fan, but he doesn't deserve a 3rd fight with Conor. That doesn't mean he won't get it, but I bet if we did a poll, most fans would prefer Conor fought Tony.

Yeah right. We just saw that shit twice and Nate has done fuck all since then.

I wanna see him fight the pull out artist wrestler or that awkward striker Tony.

I guess him vs. Race baiter would be cool but he cant stay the 155 champ and he wont so....probably Tony.

It's what I want, that's for sure. Winner gets Ferguson.

Conor / Nate is one of the few fights that could actually lure Mac back.
Nobody would care if there was a belt on the line.
The UFC might be able to generate enough money to make it interesting for Mac.

We won't ever see him fight again after the Floyd fight.

I'm a Diaz fan, but he doesn't deserve a 3rd fight with Conor. That doesn't mean he won't get it, but I bet if we did a poll, most fans would prefer Conor fought Tony.

I think you're right. At least most fans who actually know what they're talking about would prefer Conor fought Tony.

Conor / Nate is one of the few fights that could actually lure Mac back.
Nobody would care if there was a belt on the line.
The UFC might be able to generate enough money to make it interesting for Mac.

Why should Mac have to be 'lured' back to the sport???

Nate should fight Tony for interm belt

Nate should fight Tony for interm belt

What you being serious? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here in these forums some times. How on god's earth does Nate deserve an interim title shot against Tony? Seriously how?? What has he done to earn that?

Why should Mac have to be 'lured' back to the sport???

He's probably going to be cashing a $100,000,000 check for Floyd.
Why would he risk getting choked out by Nate for 5,000,000?

PPV numbers doesn't represent fight fans, it represents the latest craze the UFC has promoted to the eyeballs on social media to attract those who want to be fight fans, but can't be bothered to actually follow the sport. Cynical I know. :)

I always appreciate your sensible viewpoints my friend I really do and of course I am not saying I would refuse to watch the fight - of course I would watch it! But surely you understand that if Conor was to return to MMA with (yet another) ultimately meaningless fight, it will do damage for his reputation amongst hardcore fans who just for the love of god want to see him defend a belt. I appreciate it's a fun trilogy, but one of the best trilogies ever? I personally don't agree. One of the most hyped trilogies ever? Yes certainly. But just take a look at some of the other trilogies (and there have been plenty) occuring in MMA over the last 15 years... Cain/JDS, Edgar/Maynard, GSP/Hughes, Silva/Jackson, hell even Fedor/Nog back in the day... these trilogies always involved title contentions and high stakes... this is what Conor/Diaz lacks. If Diaz had been champion (or even close to title level) at the time of their initial fight, I would hold a lot more stock in this trilogy. Unfortunately, I just see it as a highly marketable clash of big personalities that the UFC has capitalised on to its fullest extent.
1. Thanks for the compliments.
2. You and I agree that this should not be McGregor's return fight. I'm talking a few years down the line.
3. What Conor//Diaz lacks in title contention it more than makes up for in terms of action and excitement imo. Two evenly matched guys who can both dish out a lot of punishment with plenty of attitude.
4. Wanting McGregor to defend a belt is akin to wanting GSP to finish a fight in the altter half of his career. The most it will do is frustrate you and cause you to criticize rather than sit back and enjoy the spectacle. Once I learned to let go of wanting GSP to something other than GSP, I learned to really enjoy watching him win dominant 50-45 decisions. Once I learned to let go of hoping McGregor would act like a champ in any conventional sense I learned to enjoy watching him carefully choose his next step, hype the hell out of whatever he's doing, and generally way overperform my expectations. His fights are very fun to watch imo.

Nah that's been settled, Nate pinked him and Conor failed to return the favor. He would have to finish him twice to fully get revenge.

if you think about it its realistic , being the way Dana has Conors nuts in his mouth. if hes willing to let him go out of the ufc to make millions hes going to let him pick whoever he wants when he returns and the most lucrative fight will be the Trilogy against Nate.

Imagine if he beats an aging Floyd.....
Pacquaio will challenge him to "defend boxing's honor" and Mac will demand $200,000,000.
Or Floyd will demand a rematch while Mac's on the "A" side.

I'm not a fan of Colon at all but I want to see him fight Nate Holloway Frankie and Aldo again

Fans want Conor to wrestle John Cena after he spares with Floyd.

Back