The end of the Mcgregor era...

If Conor doesn't address his conditioning issues, he's not going to last much longer on top.

I think its come to an end already. The whole do whatever you want fight whoever you want thing kinda came to a close after the floyd fight. I don't see Connor wanting to have to keep fighting regular nobody contenders and defending for a long time, honestly prolly sounds boring to him. On top of that the dudes one dimensional and as soon as people can learn to avoid his power early its gonna get ugly for him.

Not a Connor fan at all, and im the first to reality check his nuthuggers but objectively speaking he has a good chance of beating most these guys at LW. Ferg is a monster but he has absolutely horrible defense. He regularly gets clocked and dropped early and like it or not Connor is good at finding peoples chin. If he drops ferg i can see him getting a quick ref stoppage. Ofc if Ferg weathers the storm early like he always does he's gonna strangle a gassed connor mid fight.

Then who else we got? kabob who can never make weight and is a world away from a title shot right now. Dudes a great wrestler but has absolutely no concept whatsoever of striking. IF Connor can stay away or stuff the TD's he's gonna fucking murder this guy. Then theres Gaethje? yo I love to watch the kid fight but anyone who blocks with their face is gonna have a shitty night vs McGoober. I can see barboza being a tough fight if he worked his way up further dudes a monster striker but has been plagued with a weak chin (tho its seemed alot better in recent fights)

One thing I will say about McG is the dude really backs himself into a corner with all the shit talk and to his credit he does everything he can to back it up. Biggest question about him (other than his cardio and one dimensional style ofc) is how motivated is he really gonna be after making all that money? He's been disillusioned with the fight game for years Im sure its hard to keep that hunger when you got a few mil in the bank. like the old boxing adage "hard to wake up and go running when you wearing silk boxers" or however it goes.

I think we'll see him comeback against Nate or Ferg and retire on a win, that or get strangled again and say he's had enough with this shit and ride off into the sunset. Never been a fan of him and always hated his legion of dorks but it'll be a bad day as an MMA fan. dude is single handedly carrying the UFC right now, theres literally NO other mainstream stars. WME really has a shit show on their hands lol.

Conor has kind of become a joke...like a has been who people want to see do big "freak show" fights but dont take seriously as a "real" contender.

Meh...Conor looked stupid in his last boxing match. Fight fans have find of written him off.

That's some pretty heavy propaganda you're trying to lay on here .

Till is the future of MMA and the new great white hope.

Dana needs to hook this guy up with a mansion in America now.

Conor is washed up and is now old news It is all about Till.

*11 loses

The weirdo in your AV is the one that lost to a guy with 12 Ls

VG9tfB.png

<13>

6 losses when he beat Ferguson, but you that already...

Conman never was great - he lost to a guy with 12 loses. He's a good talker and white so he has all the white legacy money buying his shit. Great white hope type thing. Like there is only 3 white champs
Wow thats some low grade and lying trolling 12

I honestly thought you were above that
<{cruzshake}>

Conor isnt the best fighter of all times....but he's probably one of the greatest striker of all time

And what kind of elementary school math adding are you doing?
Aren't 7 1/2 of the ten belts held by non blacks?....

What if by next year, white or white ethnic fighters(latinos and muslim types) held all ten belts.....would that bother you or something?....would you stop watching?

And why do people always use the "great white hope" phrase wrong on here....its a label meant for a hopeful contender, not the reigning champion

I cant believe people get this caught up on race shit....its a pathology

Im not even a big mac fan....but i find his haters plain out and out disturbing, while usually being insecure and somewhat delusional as well

Last edited:
Besides losing to Nate at 170 and beating him in the rematch, he never lost although he fought against champions or top guys. I don't count his two submission losses when he was a kid.

After Mendes (remember he was called the best wrestler on the roster here), Alvarez (remember he was called a great wrestler, grinder with a superb chin and boxing) and Nate (BJJ god, iron chin, the best cardio etc.), Conor really needs to see this super wrestler with a great chin that will expose him or I don't think his era will come to an end anytime soon.

People forget Nate was 4-1 in the WW division having lost to Rory only before losing to McGregor in the rematch. I'm a fan of Diaz bros and I always say Nate is a whole lot better fighter at 170. People always remember the Rory fight but forget Rory made a fool of Woodley too.

I think its come to an end already. The whole do whatever you want fight whoever you want thing kinda came to a close after the floyd fight. I don't see Connor wanting to have to keep fighting regular nobody contenders and defending for a long time, honestly prolly sounds boring to him. On top of that the dudes one dimensional and as soon as people can learn to avoid his power early its gonna get ugly for him.

Not a Connor fan at all, and im the first to reality check his nuthuggers but objectively speaking he has a good chance of beating most these guys at LW. Ferg is a monster but he has absolutely horrible defense. He regularly gets clocked and dropped early and like it or not Connor is good at finding peoples chin. If he drops ferg i can see him getting a quick ref stoppage. Ofc if Ferg weathers the storm early like he always does he's gonna strangle a gassed connor mid fight.

Then who else we got? kabob who can never make weight and is a world away from a title shot right now. Dudes a great wrestler but has absolutely no concept whatsoever of striking. IF Connor can stay away or stuff the TD's he's gonna fucking murder this guy. Then theres Gaethje? yo I love to watch the kid fight but anyone who blocks with their face is gonna have a shitty night vs McGoober. I can see barboza being a tough fight if he worked his way up further dudes a monster striker but has been plagued with a weak chin (tho its seemed alot better in recent fights)

One thing I will say about McG is the dude really backs himself into a corner with all the shit talk and to his credit he does everything he can to back it up. Biggest question about him (other than his cardio and one dimensional style ofc) is how motivated is he really gonna be after making all that money? He's been disillusioned with the fight game for years Im sure its hard to keep that hunger when you got a few mil in the bank. like the old boxing adage "hard to wake up and go running when you wearing silk boxers" or however it goes.

I think we'll see him comeback against Nate or Ferg and retire on a win, that or get strangled again and say he's had enough with this shit and ride off into the sunset. Never been a fan of him and always hated his legion of dorks but it'll be a bad day as an MMA fan. dude is single handedly carrying the UFC right now, theres literally NO other mainstream stars. WME really has a shit show on their hands lol.
I believe it's "Conor"

The UFC will use him as a marketing tool for as long as they possibly can.

Conor could 'fight' once a year for the next ten years and do more for the company than most of the remaining roster combined.

The era that ended is the one that placed the importance on belts. Unfortunately having a UFC title has dropped in prestige. The importance now is in money fights. Remove the belts from the Champions and you will see that matchmaking is not about contenders but about money.

The company has to do what they must to survive. Unfortunately, this also changes the competitive aspect of the business. I would prefer to actually watch an MMA league rather than what the UFC has become today. I would rather have seasons where the divisions fight towards a Championship and reset.

Money fights are interesting now and then, but all too often they are hyped up with trash talk and result in lackluster fights. I don't think that this will work for the UFC on a long-term basis. The casual fans are not loyal enough, and the hard core fans are too few. The focus will be on finding the next Conor instead of finding the next great fighter. Being a great fighter and being a star is not the same thing.

The guy never had an era. He was a popular fighter with average skills, and an uncanny ability to capitalize on all the opportunities he was gifted.

To have an era, you need to cut down one number 1 contender after the other.

"Average Skills"

Chad Mendez, Jose Aldo and Eddie Alvarez disagree.

Also, the word "average" CLEARLY doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

"Average Skills"
Chad Mendez, Jose Aldo and Eddie Alvarez disagree.
Also, the word "average" CLEARLY doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.
Chad Mendes had less than a month to get in fight shape. If you want to give Conor kudos for that, you are free to do so.

Jose Aldo was an excellent victory and I give Conor full credit for it. Along with Nate Diaz (even though, I believe Nate threw away the second fight to make more money with a 3rd).

Eddie Alvarez was 3-1 in the UFC when Conor beat him. LOL Marcus Brimage had a better record when he fought Conor. I personally believe Eddie Alvarez is a lower tier fighter. I am willing to change my mind if he improves his record in the UFC.

Chad Mendes had less than a month to get in fight shape. If you want to give Conor kudos for that, you are free to do so.

Jose Aldo was an excellent victory and I give Conor full credit for it. Along with Nate Diaz (even though, I believe Nate threw away the second fight to make more money with a 3rd).

Eddie Alvarez was 3-1 in the UFC when Conor beat him. LOL Marcus Brimage had a better record when he fought Conor. I personally believe Eddie Alvarez is a lower tier fighter. I am willing to change my mind if he improves his record in the UFC.
TIL you can TKO Mendes with average skills as long as he, a professional fighter, has "less than a month to get in fight shape."

<36>

TIL you can TKO Mendes with average skills as long as he, a professional fighter, has "less than a month to get in fight shape."

<36>
Same old retarded counter argument. It is not me versus Chad Mendes. It is Conor McGregor vs Chad Mendes. Chad Mendes had less than a month to prepare for that fight. Conor had a full camp to get in his best possible fighting shape.

These are just facts.

It wouldn't surprise me if Conor ducks out of fighting at any point... because he no longer has to.

That said... he will only now be doing it because he wants to. He is obsessive... & if he wants to fight... he will be obsessive with it & be as strong as ever.

I feel he takes on Ferg next & finishes him.

The hype ended when he quit against Floyd, and when he didn't immediately call out tony after he won the interim belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back