The difference between 1 and multiple failed tests

"Most people" say a lot of shit and then the tune changes shortly after, that's my point.

The current narrative is not the be all end all in who the best fighters are or were.

Time will tell.

Time will tell.

The majority's narrative on Conor isn't always great, does that make it true?

To me it's the same as when people say the UFC is dying and has no stars. The same has been said before and after McGregor's entrance into the sport. It's just a narrative. It's not based on anything factual, rather, current feelings. Jones has been hated for a long time, it's not surprising to me that people would use this to discredit him as the GOAT while turning a blind eye to the history or PED use in MMA.

As Nate would say, it's whatever, really.

The majority's narrative on Conor isn't always great, does that make it true?

To me it's the same as when people say the UFC is dying and has no stars. The same has been said before and after McGregor's entrance into the sport. It's just a narrative. It's not based on anything factual, rather, current feelings. Jones has been hated for a long time, it's not surprising to me that people would use this to discredit him as the GOAT while turning a blind eye to the history or PED use in MMA.

As Nate would say, it's whatever, really.

I agree with what you say but I can totally understand why people don't think Jones is the GOAT and why people rule him out. I find it interesting that a lot of people rule Jones out but not Anderson. Obviously testing positive twice is much worse than testing positive once but still. That's part of the reason I made this thread because it seems people have forgiven Anderson for one failure. Where is the line? That is what's interesting.

I agree with what you say but I can totally understand why people don't think Jones is the GOAT and why people rule him out. I find it interesting that a lot of people rule Jones out but not Anderson. Obviously testing positive twice is much worse than testing positive once but still. That's part of the reason I made this thread because it seems people have forgiven Anderson for one failure. Where is the line? That is what's interesting.

They've only "forgiven" Anderson because the Jones story is what's hot right now.

Any person with any sort of consistency wouldn't consider either the GOAT if they were opposed to PEDs, which clearly I am not.

Back