The difference between 1 and multiple failed tests

Before people jump in here trying to denounce Fedor for no testing in Pride...

It was an even playing field if no one's getting tested if you want to assume Fedor was using then you can say the same for his opponents because it wasn't against he rules of the organisation.

The difference with Jones and Anderson is they're confirmed cheaters using PEDs to give themselves an unfair advantage.

This x100

Even if Fedor juiced in Pride, he was fighting guys who were all juicing.

Jones, despite having the size advantage also thought he'd cheat to beat guys smaller than him. His legacy is ruined imo and I hope he never fights again. Fuck Jones.

Some say that if you piss hot you're legacy is ruined and you can't be GOAT as your whole career is a question mark.
These people also popularly known as GSP Fans

<{hughesimpress}>

Silva was caught in his return after a broken shinbone. Half of the drugs we was caught with were benzos....what a great PED.

He's ruined. Return or no return. He'll never be considered the best.
Although he is the best, best ever in mma, and he pull's this shit on us. We should be watching him in his prime, enjoy his creativity and mix of all martial arts, and now this bullshit.

Not sure why SO many people think it's okay to cheat. Is it because of a decline in a moral standard? is it because it became popularized through MLB (sosa, bonds, mcguire homerun chase)? Or is the expectation that no one has any honor anymore so why the f not?

I've had an abhorrence for cheaters ever since I was a kid playing board games against friends. I'm in my early 40s now, so maybe cheating is just where it's at with you young punks.

I'm kidding about the young punks part, but not the rest.
you're annoying and you're a big fedor fan. I'm also a big fedor fan, but I'm also not retarded to think that he was clean on pride

An folks still put Fedor as the goat ...... Fedor fought in Pride for his prime where everyone juiced. But he's a goat and the others arent?

i mean, one happened after a career ending leg break at the age of 40 when all you care about is performing, one happening in their prime going into the biggest fight of his life, and then it happened again.

One can be explained as a lapse of judgement, moment of weakness, caving into the pressure around him, trying to remain competitive in a sport that forgets about you especially if you're 40 and just had a career ending leg break
You can't explain away TWO failures, definitely not in your prime, definitely not before the biggest fights of your career.

You're looking for a double standard and while people might not be able to elaborate on why, there isn't one.

An folks still put Fedor as the goat ...... Fedor fought in Pride for his prime where everyone juiced. But he's a goat and the others arent?

You can't eliminate someone from GOAT considerations off of what you think might have happened.

You can also make the argument that if everyone juiced, then nobody juiced so who gives a shit. I wouldn't but that's because, again, I don't give much legitimacy to people who say "WELL PRIDE DIDN'T DRUG TEST AND ALSO FIGHTS MIGHT HAVE BEEN FIXED" because there is no proof of it.

Not sure why SO many people think it's okay to cheat. Is it because of a decline in a moral standard? is it because it became popularized through MLB (sosa, bonds, mcguire homerun chase)? Or is the expectation that no one has any honor anymore so why the f not?

I've had an abhorrence for cheaters ever since I was a kid playing board games against friends. I'm in my early 40s now, so maybe cheating is just where it's at with you young punks.

I'm kidding about the young punks part, but not the rest.

I'm not so sure people believe its ok to cheat, or at least I hope they don't, I just think a lot of people assume All if not a very high percentage of fighters on are something.

My view though haven't been caught they are clean. I just wish that the punishments were even stiffer to deter people from PED's such as first time a year ban, but a second time is a lifetime ban & all wins changed to no-contests

Say that to his face at a presser.

You're all living in a fantasy world where MMA is a clean sport.

The problem is with such a young sport with such a short term of testing, most of the guys you'd put on that list may have been on something as well. I'm sure Jon took PEDs but I'm also sure most of his opponents did too. Not making excuses for him but to eliminate a guy as GOAT when the sport is so dirty seems disingenuous to me.

"This guy only tested positive for steroids ONCE! He's still in the GOAT conversation"

What stupid fucking logic that is.

Everyone juiced. Therefore it's fair. PEDs werent illegal in Pride. It's been explained a million times already.

Say that to his face at a presser.

You're all living in a fantasy world where MMA is a clean sport.

Say what to his face?

I'm making an observation that is present on this forum. Look at all the UFC GOAT polls now. Jones is nowhere to be seen when he was winning them handily before the second fail.

Say what to his face?

I'm making an observation that is present on this forum. Look at all the UFC GOAT polls now. Jones is nowhere to be seen when he was winning them handily before the second fail.

That his 'legacy' is ruined.

And who is ahead in the polls then?

Anderson the steroid cheater?
Georges "never fought under USADA" St. Pierre?
Fedor "Didn't test in PRIDE" Emelianenko?

Who?

The entire community hates Jones and is using this as an outlet to crucify him. The fact is that everyone is on it, like it or not.

That his 'legacy' is ruined.

And who is ahead in the polls then?

Anderson the steroid cheater?
Georges "never fought under USADA" St. Pierre?
Fedor "Didn't test in PRIDE" Emelianenko?

Who?

The entire community hates Jones and is using this as an outlet to crucify him. The fact is that everyone is on it, like it or not.

His legacy is ruined. That is not down to me. One fan can't decide that. The majority can and they have. Look at Lance Armstrong. Legacy ruined. Justin Gatlin. Legacy ruined. Whether everyone is on it or not is irrelevant. People will look back on Jones the way they look back on those guys mentioned. Look around. Jones is getting buried for his actions. That is why I say his legacy is ruined because the fans who are the people that define a fighters legacy are so negative towards him over this.

On the latest poll for UFC GOAT only. GSP was winning followed closely by Anderson and Jones was way behind in 3rd. 2 months ago Jones was winning over GSP and Anderson. I'm sure someone will link the thread. I can't find it.

His legacy is ruined. That is not down to me. One fan can't decide that. The majority can and they have. Look at Lance Armstrong. Legacy ruined. Justin Gatlin. Legacy ruined. Whether everyone is on it or not is irrelevant. People will look back on Jones the way they look back on those guys mentioned. Look around. Jones is getting buried for his actions. That is why I say his legacy is ruined because the fans who are the people that define a fighters legacy are so negative towards him over this.

On the latest poll for UFC GOAT only. GSP was winning followed closely by Anderson and Jones was way behind in 3rd. 2 months ago Jones was winning over GSP and Anderson. I'm sure someone will link the thread. I can't find it.

Yeah, ok. Anderson somehow moves above jones because he only tested positive once, where Jones tested positive twice.. Whatever you say.

Fans are always in a uproar about whatever's most recent. What happens if GSP and Silva both test positive in their next fight?

Jones is the best MMA ever. Period. The latest narrative is on Sherdog is irrelevant.

Yeah, ok. Anderson somehow moves above jones because he only tested positive once, where Jones tested positive twice.. Whatever you say.

Fans are always in a uproar about whatever's most recent. What happens if GSP and Silva both test positive in their next fight?

Jones is the best MMA ever. Period. The latest narrative is on Sherdog is irrelevant.

It's not "whatever I say". Its what most people are saying.

It's not "whatever I say". Its what most people are saying.

"Most people" say a lot of shit and then the tune changes shortly after, that's my point.

The current narrative is not the be all end all in who the best fighters are or were.

One and multiple are the same to me. If a fighter pops, I will always question their legitimacy.

Back