The difference between 1 and multiple failed tests

wilKO

Green, White & Gold belt
@Steel
Reaction score
It seems Jones' legacy is ruined. His career has been defined by PED usage. This is the 2nd time he has been busted for PEDs.

Anderson has also been busted for PEDs once but it seems like although his legacy took a hit he is still in GOAT contention whereas Jones isn't.

It is clear to see that most people are willing to forgive or overlook one failed test but once it happens again it really does make a difference. Some say that if you piss hot you're legacy is ruined and you can't be GOAT as your whole career is a question mark. Whilst people that say that are entitled to their opinion there is no doubt that that second failure in a different fight is a lot more damning.

<{silvanormal}>
>
<mma1>

giphy.gif

He's ruined. Return or no return. He'll never be considered the best.

Meh, they're BOTH cheaters.

And I actually DO like Anderson.

But I no longer put him in GOAT status.

He, like Juicehead Jones, has a permanent * next to his name.

Barnett disagrees. Time makes people forget. If Jones comes back in 2,3 or 4 years he'll be cheered and will draw big. It's the initial aftermath that hurts him most. Temporary. If he never comes back though, or never fights without being busted, then it's ruined.

Barnett disagrees. Time makes people forget. If Jones comes back in 2,3 or 4 years he'll be cheered and will draw big. It's the initial aftermath that hurts him most. Temporary. If he never comes back though, or never fights without being busted, then it's ruined.
The situations are not the same and Barnett has never been in GOAT talk

Time makes people forget.

Yes and no, when his 2nd ban is up the UFC can still make money off him but it's not like people will forget.

Justin Gatlin just won the 100m world title, beating Bolt in his last championship. He's had two drugs bans and (thanks to the BBC) he was booed when introduced before his races and when he got his medal.

Before people jump in here trying to denounce Fedor for no testing in Pride...

It was an even playing field if no one's getting tested if you want to assume Fedor was using then you can say the same for his opponents because it wasn't against he rules of the organisation.

The difference with Jones and Anderson is they're confirmed cheaters using PEDs to give themselves an unfair advantage.

Yes and no, when his 2nd ban is up the UFC can still make money off him but it's not like people will forget.

Justin Gatlin just won the 100m world title, beating Bolt in his last championship. He's had two drugs bans and (thanks to the BBC) he was booed when introduced before his races and when he got his medal.
Combat sport fans tend to be more forgiving than sprinting fans, as the media and fans of the latter are heavily anti-doping. Fans will no doubt question Jones' purity more when or if he comes back, but I doubt it'll affect his star power.

Last edited:
No one in their right mind could see Jones not being the best roids or not. Steroids don't give him his height, reach, kicking ability, wrestling ability. He destroyed several TRT fighters, and fighters that were also busted for peds.
We have to do what baseball fans had to do at one point and just take it for what it is.

No one in their right mind could see Jones not being the best roids or not. Steroids don't give him his height, reach, kicking ability, wrestling ability. He destroyed several TRT fighters, and fighters that were also busted for peds.
We have to do what baseball fans had to do at one point and just take it for what it is.

So why did he take PEDs his entire career if he would have won anyway? He took PEDs to enhance his performance. Dude is a lifetime cheat and saying he would be GOAT without PEDs is like saying if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

The problem is Jon is a fuck up on all fronts. Anderson tested positive, but it was in his 40s. No criminal activity. Is a good family man by all accounts. And I think it matters that his positive test was in a sideshow type fight. Jon's use has been in title fights. Positive tests are during the prime of his career. Jon has a DUI, and a hit and run on a pregnant lady. Tested positive for Cocaine. Seems to brag about it now. Multiple kids with different women.

There really is no comparison to Anderson.

Fool me once, shame on you...

“When the guys test for the steroids, (they should have) no more fights,” Silva said. “When you use the steroids, you use them for a long time. When you use the steroids for a long time, you have a problem. It’s a drug and it’s not good for the sport.”

So why did he take PEDs his entire career if he would have won anyway? He took PEDs to enhance his performance. Dude is a lifetime cheat and saying he would be GOAT without PEDs is like saying if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

You don't know he did. Of course people use roids to enhance performance, but he wasn't only one. Your aunt may have balls but she will always be a lady to me.

The problem is Jon is a fuck up on all fronts. Anderson tested positive, but it was in his 40s. No criminal activity. Is a good family man by all accounts. And I think it matters that his positive test was in a sideshow type fight. Jon's use has been in title fights. Positive tests are during the prime of his career. Jon has a DUI, and a hit and run on a pregnant lady. Tested positive for Cocaine. Seems to brag about it now. Multiple kids with different women.

There really is no comparison to Anderson.

Yes, there is.

It's simple: They're both fucking cheaters.

Jon is just a bigger fuck-up, outside of being a cheater.

Nah, fuck that. If Jones is a cheat and a fraud than so is everyone that's failed a drug test in MMA. No exception.

Not sure why SO many people think it's okay to cheat. Is it because of a decline in a moral standard? is it because it became popularized through MLB (sosa, bonds, mcguire homerun chase)? Or is the expectation that no one has any honor anymore so why the f not?

I've had an abhorrence for cheaters ever since I was a kid playing board games against friends. I'm in my early 40s now, so maybe cheating is just where it's at with you young punks.

I'm kidding about the young punks part, but not the rest.

Back