The Cranberries Dolores O'Riordan - Dead

Damn another one. I always liked her voice and thought she was strangely beautiful in the Salvation music video.

These 90's musicians are dropping like flies. Someone needs to lock Eddie Vedder awayin a padded room that has no material in it that has a higher tensile strength than chewed bubble gum.

She had a really rough life. She attempted suicide at least once in the past, taking a handful of sleeping pills. Hopefully she's finally at peace.

Sigh. Been a rough year for the bands I grew up listening to. Zombie was one of the first songs I heard in the mid nineties that got me into alternative music. Also my first manic pixie dream girl crush. Rip.

Sigh...

Not exactly the news you wanna hear to close the day...

R.I.P. Dolores.

God dammit. Her voice had such an ethereal quality. One of my favourite vocalists.

RIP.

Damn RIP. She was very talented and beautiful.

Damn another one. I always liked her voice and thought she was strangely beautiful in the Salvation music video.

These 90's musicians are dropping like flies. Someone needs to lock Eddie Vedder awayin a padded room that has no material in it that has a higher tensile strength than chewed bubble gum.

Truth man. I was just telling my wife Eddie is the last one, it's like a Final Destination movie for alternative/grunge lead singers from the 90's.

Came to Mayberry to post this or find thread. Happy to see you guys care.

I generally do not like female singers. Like pretty much 99% of them. All my music is male lead singers all the time.

But I fucking LOVED her voice. It was something unique,,

Do you have to let it LINGERR?????

Came to Mayberry to post this or find thread. Happy to see you guys care.

I generally do not like female singers. Like pretty much 99% of them. All my music is male lead singers all the time.

But I fucking LOVED her voice. It was something unique,,

Do you have to let it LINGERR?????
James LaBrie hardly counts as a man.

James LaBrie hardly counts as a man.

Yes, he did make DT less epic and popular, it's true.

He surprisingly does a very good job in some songs though. Les high pitched EHHHHHHHHHH nonsense, like In the Pressence of Enemies I and II. Should have been how he does his vocals everywhere else too, oh well.

Particularly the whole ending "epic/dramatic outro" thing that many of their songs have ... which is part of why I love them. But he did a great job.

But it's the amazing progressive instrumentals that make this band so great. Their long epic songs that have a definitive Beginning, Middle and End. Which usually are grand in scope and perfectly executed. Some songs all 3 are amazing, others have either a reallly really good outro, or really good solo section in the middle and a great intro.

The 90's singers are going fast. Shit!

RIP

Trivia: that weird shit she does with her voice is called keying.

Terrible news. God Bless her and her family. Poor kids.

She was awesome.

Man I hate saying this as it's negative but I'm surprised she passed before Sinead.
Good voice, good tunes, and she was a looker as well. Never knew she had such a troubled life.

Back