The Cranberries Dolores O'Riordan - Dead

Really sad news. One of my favorite female singers. A very special voice. A beautiful woman. Omg! I am sad.

I will forever listen to the Cranberries.

There are some ugly-hearted people ITT.
It's a crying shame. Makes you think, but not about drugs. She was pretty awesome and she's gone. It sucks. RIP. Nothing more needs to be said imo.

I remember I was at a party, and in one room there was that guy, the guy at every party, clumsily playing guitar and singing badly, but managing to make everyone feel like they had to be there because it was a party. I hated that guy (all versions of him), so I left the room, and went to another room, where in the corner, a young girl was sitting alone, quietly strumming a guitar and softly singing the Cranberries. I fell in love instantly, and we dated for four months, because four months was all the love I could give back then.

This was always my favorite of their songs.

R.I.P. My prayers to her family and loved ones..

Apparently she had four kids and was living in Ontario, Canada out in the woods somewhere according to CBC. That was news to me.

Rip Dolores. Cranberries were legit one of my fav bands back in the day. Still listen to em from time to time and here's a couple of my favourites.

What they put in their veins was more an issue than what's in the water.

I already had tickets to incoming shows from both Blind Melon amd Alice In Chains. Both cancelled because of singers dying fron heroin. What a shame those groups were plagued by drug abuse.

Hits me harder than any celebrity singer death in recent years.. goddamn RIP :(

What an amazing voice that lady had. Such a tragedy. RIP Dolores.

She also struggled with depression and anorexia for a long time. Long term anorexia can predispose people to heart failure.

This seemed to be one of the more dominant theories on reddit when I was reading about this in the morning today. The long tern anorexia part in particular to causing heart failure.

I'm very saddened by this. The Cranberries were right smack dab in the beginning of my musical formative years in the mid 90s.

I remember they cancelled their show in Chicago back in Sept, I was going to go. But they said she had back problems or something. Wonder if it was cancer.

I hope it wasn't complications from her backiotomy.

I heard it was a sleeping pill combo. Sad no matter. Fantastic voice.

RIP

She had such a unique voice. When you hear that voice in Dreams you can't help but stop and listen.

Back