The Biggest Reason Why DJ Refuses to Fight TJ

It’s ridiculous that a champion with the title defense record is expected to defend his belt against a guy who never defended a UFC title lol

Wait, TJ has never defended a championship?

I'm shocked...

Let's say DJ wanted to move up a weight class as champion. He would want and the UFC would give DJ an instant titleshot.

The shoe is on the other foot. TJ wants to try 125 as champion, and DJ turned it down.

This makes no sense. I agree if Dj doesn't want to go to 135, he can't be forced, but a champion should have a right to titleshot.

Point stands
I don't disagree. While it would be a fun fight and I would watch, it really isn't pressing. At this point its a micro-fan frenzy and nothing else.

If TJ drops down and takes out a top 5er, then sure, no doubt, I guess give it to him. Otherwise pay to make it a sorta superfight like DC/Stipe or move on.

Those two divisions are pretty tired anyhow.

It's funny that some fans are claiming him beating TJ is when they will finally grant him respect.

Who the hell else has been held to such a ridiculous standard? Winning the belt and defending it 11 times isn't enough to give him "respect"? Even if you believe (correctly, IMO) that 125 is light in terms of depth, he should be so far past that point it isn't even funny.

Truthfully, anyone who doesn't respect him by now is a lost cause and hopeless.

Is because TJ is not a natural 125’er.
The criticism is fair that dj knows fighting tj is a huge risk because he’s bigger. But what is not fair to DJ is that if TJ wins, you already know he’s NEVER getting an instant rematch, and tj is NEVER going to fight at 125 again.

Just doesn’t make sense for a guy to cut to the weightclass once, best the champion, and never be seen in that division again.
MM has everything to lose, and absolutely nothing to gain from tj going down in weight... Besides the fans ‘respect’ lmao. Everyone is so disrespectful to him he doesn’t give a fuck about u guys anyway.

And at least in fighting REAL 125 lbers he is virtually guaranteed to see them again if he loses.

It's because he isn't getting paid. He said a million times now: Pay him a million flat and he takes the fight. Other than that TJ has to fight his way up like all the others do.

If DJ is avoiding the fight by any reason other than a appropriate paycheck he's a frase and should be ashamed, that's the fight that makes sense and the one everyone wants to see.

Is because TJ is not a natural 125’er.
The criticism is fair that dj knows fighting tj is a huge risk because he’s bigger. But what is not fair to DJ is that if TJ wins, you already know he’s NEVER getting an instant rematch, and tj is NEVER going to fight at 125 again.

Just doesn’t make sense for a guy to cut to the weightclass once, best the champion, and never be seen in that division again.
MM has everything to lose, and absolutely nothing to gain from tj going down in weight... Besides the fans ‘respect’ lmao. Everyone is so disrespectful to him he doesn’t give a fuck about u guys anyway.

And at least in fighting REAL 125 lbers he is virtually guaranteed to see them again if he loses.

The reason DJ doesn't want to fight TJ is because he knows he owns the 125lb division with ease and is making near 500k per fight.

Easy money ... no trauma substained ... making history.

He learned from GSP and BJ Penn.

Penn took risk ... hurt his legacy and has people actually doubting nowadays if he was ever actually good.

GSP took no risk ... is considered the GOAT by many.

Money ... and legacy ... for not taking risk.

DJ is a smart guy ... just like GSP.

TJ needs to defend his belt...
You didn't see Cody and Dom going around demanding "a super fight".

None of this champ champ shit again it holds the division up look what happened with Corad McCheese. Vacate and move down if you want his belt.

You guys really don't get this sport sometimes.

Give DJ 6 million dollars and he'll fight TJ and Garbrandt at the same time. Fear has absolutely nothing to do with this. The guy wants to get paid, and the UFC's chief negotiating tactic is trying to make him look scared in public.

Luckily for MM, he doesn't give a shit what dorks on the internet think.

look I hate TJ, but this is fucking retarded.

"TJ woiuld probably do this so hes a pussy see?"

Like what?

MM said he'd fight TJ but wanted most of his purse if he didn't make 125lbs. TJ said no.

This means TJ had either no belief that he could make the weight, or had no intention of making the weight.

Either way, he wanted to fight MM after weighing in heavy.

Keep up.

You guys really don't get this sport sometimes.

Give DJ 6 million dollars and he'll fight TJ and Garbrandt at the same time. Fear has absolutely nothing to do with this. The guy wants to get paid, and the UFC's chief negotiating tactic is trying to make him look scared in public.

Luckily for MM, he doesn't give a shit what dorks on the internet think.
{<redford}
Fuck yes, all these chumps on here practically doing Dana's bidding without knowing it.

<seedat>

DUMB ASSED ZOMBIES

<{clintugh}>

Insert > Don'tbelievehisliespic.jpg

MM said he'd fight TJ but wanted most of his purse if he didn't make 125lbs. TJ said no.

This means TJ had either no belief that he could make the weight, or had no intention of making the weight.

Either way, he wanted to fight MM after weighing in heavy.

Keep up.

Wrong.

Johnson recently stated that he would want Dillashaw’s full fight purse if the fighter missed weight, which is something Dillashaw is willing to agree to.

“100 percent. Put that [stipulation] in there. I’m not gonna miss the weight. That’s not something I have to be worried about at all. I’ve already got it down to a perfect science of what I’m gonna be doing. So yeah, go ahead and put it in the contract because I’m not gonna miss weight,” Dillashaw said on the Five Rounds Podcast.

Keep up.

Do people really believe fighters are scared to fight?

I'd like to say no, but look at this forum.

TJ says he wants to go down in weight to fight DJ because "DJ is the P4P best in the sport."

DJ then says "ok, Dana pay me like I'm the P4P best in the world."

Dana says "fuck no, here's 250,000 flat with no PPV points or anything else."

DJ then responds "That's not enough for the P4P best in the world."

Dana replies with "yeah well no one wants to watch you fight anyway!!!!" and him and TJ start the "DJ is scared to fight me" public campaign.

Out of all that bullshit, we end up with a forum full of guys saying DJ is scared and doesn't deserve to be paid well because he's not a draw.

Then those same people complain when CM Punk is on a main card over Overeem.

Sadly some of the stupidest people imaginable watch this sport, and a lot of them simply want ONE THING out of this situation: to watch DJ lose while making as little as possible. They can all eat shit.

Dude he complained about being worried TJ would miss weight and then fought Ray Borg

I like DJ but that was the moment he lost his credibility in this situation for me

Back