• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)

• No Prayer for the Dying (1990)

• Fear of the Dark (1992)

• The X Factor (1995)

• Virtual XI (1998)

• Brave New World (2000)

• Dance of Death (2003)

• A Matter of Life and Death (2006)

• The Final Frontier (2010) OR The Book of Souls (2015)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Powerslave
Piece of Mind
Number of the Beast
I love all their early stuff and don't really get into their mid/later works that moves too far from metal to prog

u1gjn5svf8h01.jpg

Iron Maiden (1980)
Killers (1981)
The Number of The Beast (1982)
Piece of Mind (1983)
Powerslave (1984)
Somewhere in Time (1986)
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)
No Prayer for the Dying (1990)
Fear of The Dark (1992)
The X Factor (1995)
Virtual XI (1998)
Brave New World (2000)
Dance of Death (2003)
A Matter of Life and Death (2006)
The Final Frontier (2010)
The Book of Souls (2015)

For me it has to be The Number Of The Beast followed by Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

I haven't heard all of them in their entirety but currently listening to some I haven't heard before.

<5>

What about you, Sherbros. What is your favourite album?

Feel free to post some of your favourite songs as well.
No changes for me on this question.

A thread with a poll is always better, so you should play off of the existing thread.

No changes for me on this question.

A thread with a poll is always better, so you should play off of the existing thread.
Last post in that thread was made in 2017...

Also Fear Of The Dark as you favourite album? That's a really odd choice.

It's one of their worst for most people, including my self but everyone's taste in music is different. What are your favourite songs?

Live, they were so much fun.
I took my daughter to see em in Detroit, ABC's she squealed through the show in pure joy, making everyone around smile.

And then they were sad, because she was sad, because Bruce cursed out the venue because it was "too fucking small to get the big Eddie on stage!"
She still thinks Eddie is awesome.

Last post in that thread was made in 2017...

Also Fear Of The Dark as you favourite album? That's a really odd choice.

It's one of their worst for most people, including my self but everyone's taste in music is different. What are your favourite songs?
The topic deserves a poll though, and despite the thread's age, there is no reason not to continue to add to the conversation.

Wasted Years (from Somewhere in time) is my favorite single song. New Frontier (from Dance of Death) is an honorable mention. I pretty much like Fear of the Dark from top to bottom though.

Seventh Son is one of the GOAT albums and my Maiden's favorite . Also, Somewhere in Time is criminally underrated.

The topic deserves a poll though, and despite the thread's age, there is no reason not to continue to add to the conversation.

Wasted Years (from Somewhere in time) is my favorite single song. New Frontier (from Dance of Death) is an honorable mention. I pretty much like Fear of the Dark from top to bottom though.
I like to read the different opinions. I don't really care about numbers on a poll.

With that being said, it's the first time I see someone choose Fear Of The Dark as their #1 album. That's like saying Load is Metallica's best Album lol. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Have you listened to their earlier albums?

I like to read the different opinions. I don't really care about numbers on a poll.

With that being said, it's the first time I see someone choose Fear Of The Dark as their #1 album. That's like saying Load is Metallica's best Album lol. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Have you listened to their earlier albums?
I have their first two albums (self-titled and Killers) and Live After Death on vinyl. All three are among my favorites.

Unpopular opinion but my favourite is Brave New World, I just think that's an amazing album.

I remember when Brave New World came out I was really digging Maiden. I loved that album. I remember my sister, who was also into them, bought the Rock in Rio DVD which had some good songs from BNW like "Blood Brothers" and "Ghost of the Navigator." That was an incredible concert. I don't know how many times I watched it, but it was a lot.

I was lucky enough to see them live twice and they were really great performers. Now they're pretty old so I don't know how they've held up, but in the mid 2000s they still killed it.

saw them a month ago. They still kill it

I would say Number of the Beast... followed by Piece of Mind and then Powerslave.

Ive seen them numorous times live, 6 times/tours in the 80s. Powerslave was my favorite concert of theirs though. But any time I listen to Maiden today it is Paul Di'Anno... Maidens first 2 albums are my goto. I guess I just listened to Dickensons first 3 albums too much when i was a kid.

I just like the raw sound of Self Titled and Killers...

The World Slavery Tour was the first ticket I ever bought myself, and lied to my Mum to attend. November, ‘84, Twisted Sister opened. It was at Maple Leaf Gardens. Because of that, I think Powerslave is a sentimental favourite.

p.s. I got to meet Steve Harris last year.

Last edited:
Bumping for Sherdog's Maiden fans. I figure most will enjoy this (don't know if this has been posted here previously):

Powerslave:

Somewhere in Time:

Somewhere in Time is my favorite album...at the top of their game. Maiden has always been a very expressive, full of emotion kind of metal band and Somewhere in Time is the best example of that.

I remember when Brave New World came out I was really digging Maiden. I loved that album. I remember my sister, who was also into them, bought the Rock in Rio DVD which had some good songs from BNW like "Blood Brothers" and "Ghost of the Navigator." That was an incredible concert. I don't know how many times I watched it, but it was a lot.

I was lucky enough to see them live twice and they were really great performers. Now they're pretty old so I don't know how they've held up, but in the mid 2000s they still killed it.
Mark my words, they still kill it. Bruce's voice has deteriorated very little over the years, he is still super energetic and runs all over the gigantic stage like a wild maniac, and the rest of the guys are no slouches either. The musicianship is something to behold. Your not likely to see that kind of skill and energy at a rap concert

Last edited:
Back