• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)

• No Prayer for the Dying (1990)

• Fear of the Dark (1992)

• The X Factor (1995)

• Virtual XI (1998)

• Brave New World (2000)

• Dance of Death (2003)

• A Matter of Life and Death (2006)

• The Final Frontier (2010) OR The Book of Souls (2015)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luger

Rabbi of Platinum Nation
Banned
Reaction score
Everybody knows that Iron Maiden is the GOAT band in the history of everything.
Can a mod bring up a poll?

I don't know if it is fair to compete with Paul vs Bruce, as they were both great.
The first album was crazy good.
I think I would pick Brave New World.
It is thick, solid and very tight.
Every song is great.

a-cover-of-the-cover_60x70_2013.jpg

Last edited:

I could listen to it again and again. And I have.

Give me a list of Maiden albums that you think deserve to be voted on and I can throw something together.

Have to disagree, Maiden was the VERY BEST band in the Metal catagory. Great muscians, all of them with fantastic dual guitars. I remember ordering "Number of the Beast" on Picture Disc, it looked like Satans eyes were rolling the opposite way the album was turning. Was also the first tour I saw them play. Eddie was also the best mascot ANY band every had or has to this day.

As far as the best Band ever, it has to be Zeppelin, who were one of the big influences of Maiden and many others of that generation and later. No disrespect for Iron Maiden they are still Metal Gods!!

I like Number of The Beast personally. Kind of the go to I know but it's a great album.

Either Piece of Mind or Seventh Son of a Seventh Son for me

I love Brave New World, and it was an amazing comeback album for Bruce and Co.

Powerslave is my favorite metal album ever, though, and I explained that over in the Metal Albums topic. It's a towering piece of work.

Number of the Beast is a stone cold classic, of course, and I think both Piece of Mind and Somewhere in Time are up there, too. The Paul Di'anno albums are quality in their own right.

Have to disagree, Maiden was the VERY BEST band in the Metal catagory. Great muscians, all of them with fantastic dual guitars. I remember ordering "Number of the Beast" on Picture Disc, it looked like Satans eyes were rolling the opposite way the album was turning. Was also the first tour I saw them play. Eddie was also the best mascot ANY band every had or has to this day.

As far as the best Band ever, it has to be Zeppelin, who were one of the big influences of Maiden and many others of that generation and later. No disrespect for Iron Maiden they are still Metal Gods!!
But Led stole a whole lot from the Blues old timers.
Still great, but Iron Maiden were more original.

Picking Brave New World as Iron Maiden's best album is like saying ReLoad is Metallica's best album, or "Let the Sunshine In" is Hebbi's best song.

Maybe I'd go with The Number of the Beast but I'm no Maiden expert. It has some TST songs on it, though.

I remember Nico McBrain ran someone over in a parking lot the night I saw them in concert. His drumming was still spot on, though. He didn't let the thought of that mangled civilian mess up his groove. You could say he was a real...trooper.

YEAAAAAAAAAH

I could listen to it again and again. And I have.

Give me a list of Maiden albums that you think deserve to be voted on and I can throw something together.

How many can be in a poll?

There are 16 studio albums

Iron Maiden
Killers
The Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
No Prayer for the Dying
Fear of the Dark
The X Factor
Virtual XI
Brave New World
Dance of Death
A Matter of Life and Death
The Final Frontier

I doubt that the rest would be in contention

I remember my uncle had a Seventh Son of a Seventh Son poster in his room. When I was a little kid and I'd go to my grandma's house, I was always in awe of that poster. Plus he had a gun with a bayonet attached, which was also awesome.

07son02.jpg

Picking Brave New World as Iron Maiden's best album is like saying ReLoad is Metallica's best album, or "Let the Sunshine In" is Hebbi's best song.

Maybe it is because I had discounted Iron Maiden as being able to put out a great record, and then that one came out.
I think that my total favorite is the first one, but that is not with Bruce.

Maybe it is because I had discounted Iron Maiden as being able to put out a great record, and then that one came out.
I think that my total favorite is the first one, but that is not with Bruce.

I remember when Brave New World came out I was really digging Maiden. I loved that album. I remember my sister, who was also into them, bought the Rock in Rio DVD which had some good songs from BNW like "Blood Brothers" and "Ghost of the Navigator." That was an incredible concert. I don't know how many times I watched it, but it was a lot.

I was lucky enough to see them live twice and they were really great performers. Now they're pretty old so I don't know how they've held up, but in the mid 2000s they still killed it.

I remember when Brave New World came out I was really digging Maiden. I loved that album. I remember my sister, who was also into them, bought the Rock in Rio DVD which had some good songs from BNW like "Blood Brothers" and "Ghost of the Navigator." That was an incredible concert. I don't know how many times I watched it, but it was a lot.

I was lucky enough to see them live twice and they were really great performers. Now they're pretty old so I don't know how they've held up, but in the mid 2000s they still killed it.
As I was reading about Blood Brothers, I was actually listening to the song..

I've never had the honors of seeing them live.
I've heard that Bruce is tiny haha.

As I was reading about Blood Brothers, I was actually listening to the song..

I've never had the honors of seeing them live.
I've heard that Bruce is tiny haha.

Now I want to listen to it.

He's definitely a manlet. Great fencer, too. I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's dabbled in the lute.

I remember my uncle had a Seventh Son of a Seventh Son poster in his room. When I was a little kid and I'd go to my grandma's house, I was always in awe of that poster. Plus he had a gun with a bayonet attached, which was also awesome.

07son02.jpg

It was neat that they had the old Eddie at the back

sss.jpg

1. Number of the Beast
2. Iron Maiden
3. Piece of Mind
4. Powerslave
5. Somewhere in Time
6. Killers

1. Number of the Beast
2. Iron Maiden
3. Piece of Mind