• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)

• No Prayer for the Dying (1990)

• Fear of the Dark (1992)

• The X Factor (1995)

• Virtual XI (1998)

• Brave New World (2000)

• Dance of Death (2003)

• A Matter of Life and Death (2006)

• The Final Frontier (2010) OR The Book of Souls (2015)

Results are only viewable after voting.
The rest of that album isnt as good as that monumenous motherfucker of a title track..but the clairvoyant is amazing too.
The title track is not even close to my favorite song on that album.

Infinite dreams, Moonchild, That Evil that men do, the Clairvoyant, and only the good die young are all awesome.

If I were to say I listen to a song the least on the album, its the prophecy.

Also, Bruce Dickinson "Accident of birth" is my favorite solo album by him. it took a few listens, but after I was hooked. I always heard people telling me Chemical wedding this, Tyranny of souls that, and pimping every solo album by Bruce except accident of birth and as it turned out, I did not like most of his solo albums after 4-5 listens except Accident of Birth.

Its always fun to hear the singer away from his native sound.

On that note, as much as I disliked Blaze Bayley albums(Although I like songs like the sign of the cross, Futureal, and the Clansman), his solo albums were actually WAY better than his maiden stuff. His voice and style was just not cut for Maiden tracks, but hell does he have some good solo stuff.

I am not sure...its HARD for me to admit...but i might like Dickinsons cover of Scorpions the Zoo better than the original. And i LOVE the fuckin Scorpions.

:: fights those who dont like the scorpions ::

The title track is not even close to my favorite song on that album.

Infinite dreams, Moonchild, That Evil that men do, the Clairvoyant, and only the good die young are all awesome.

If I were to say I listen to a song the least on the album, its the prophecy.
Agreed. Great effing album

Agreed and Maiden is my all-time favorite band but the Blaze Bailey years were not so great.
I refuse to admit them as genuine part of Iron Maiden.
I am working far away from home and I have been listening to all the albums except those.

I can tell a funny story, well... It is not funny. It is pretty depressing but funny in hindsight.
I had an awful period in my life.
I was 14-15 years old and I had not listened to Iron Maiden for years.
My uncle used to give me the casettes, so I had them but I had not listened to them for a while.

Anyway, my grandmother got this brain disease, and I got a job not far from her.
I don't remember why - maybe she was saving money? - but her house had no electricity.
She was away because of some medical tests.
My parents were going through a divorce, so I moved over to that house.
The only thing I had was this battery powered casette player and my old casettes. That way did I re-discover the brilliance of Iron Maiden.

The sound of the player was awful, and I had no money.
I don't have it in me to steal, but I think I stole a pack of new batteries at that point haha

Last edited:
The opening of 22 Acacia Avenue was directed at me haha

I refuse to admit them as genuine part of Iron Maiden.
I am working far away from home and I have been listening to all the albums except those.
I recall an interview with Steve Harris where he said in retrospect The X Factor could/should have been a solo type of album rather than a Maiden album. At any rate it's definitely in the running for IM's worst. Virtual XI was actually OK, they still play some songs off of it live and they come across very well with Bruce's enhancements to the vocals.

Too bad about Blaze really, he loved being in Maiden and seems like a decent dude, it just didn't work. As was mentioned earlier, some of his solo stuff is pretty good and fits his voice better.

Somewhere in Time and Brave New World are my favorites. After that, Powerslave, absolutely. Brave New World is an amazing album, some of the best, most powerful and intelligent lyrics in the history of popular music. Somewhere in Time, well, to me, it is essentially a perfect album. Nothing close to a bad song...so many songs on that album with a special place in my heart...not the least being Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, which might be my favorite work-out song.

I could go on and on about those two albums. Funnily enough, after Powerslave, Killers might be my third favorite...the title track, Ides of March plus Wrathchild, Murders in the Rue Morgue...it's just amazing. But with Maiden, it is always hard to say because their catalogue is so staggeringly good.

Everybody knows that Iron Maiden is the GOAT band in the history of everything.
Can a mod bring up a poll?

I don't know if it is fair to compete with Paul vs Bruce, as they were both great.
The first album was crazy good.
I think I would pick Brave New World.
It is thick, solid and very tight.
Every song is great.

a-cover-of-the-cover_60x70_2013.jpg

Brave New World is definitely great. Between Somewhere in Time and Brave New World for me. Then Powerslave, Killers and Dance of Death maybe. 'The Duellist' is one of those songs that I also love very dearly and in that "arguably favorite song ever" running but still there's something about Somewhere in Time and Brave New World that edges Powerslave for me.

Brave New World is definitely great. Between Somewhere in Time and Brave New World for me. Then Powerslave, Killers and Dance of Death maybe. 'The Duellist' is one of those songs that I also love very dearly and in that "arguably favorite song ever" running but still there's something about Somewhere in Time and Brave New World that edges Powerslave for me.
My order is very similar to your order.
I recently got a vinyl player, now I need to invest in all the albums, again

u1gjn5svf8h01.jpg

Iron Maiden (1980)
Killers (1981)
The Number of The Beast (1982)
Piece of Mind (1983)
Powerslave (1984)
Somewhere in Time (1986)
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)
No Prayer for the Dying (1990)
Fear of The Dark (1992)
The X Factor (1995)
Virtual XI (1998)
Brave New World (2000)
Dance of Death (2003)
A Matter of Life and Death (2006)
The Final Frontier (2010)
The Book of Souls (2015)

For me it has to be The Number Of The Beast followed by Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

I haven't heard all of them in their entirety but currently listening to some I haven't heard before.

<5>

What about you, Sherbros. What is your favourite album?

Feel free to post some of your favourite songs as well.

My top 4
Number of the beast
Powerslave
Iron Maiden
Piece of Mind

My top 4
Number of the beast
Powerslave
Iron Maiden
Piece of Mind
Powerslave is always ranked so high but for some reason i've never got into it that much.

The only songs I really like are Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight.

Powerslave is always ranked so high but for some reason i've never got into it that much.

The only songs I really like are Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight.

love the song powerslave. If Bruce sang on Iron Maiden and Killers they’d be higher

Probably Powerslave. When I heard Back in the Village I had to learn it and play it.

I love SIT as well, the use of guitar synth was alright.

I saw both tours so they're sentimental albums to me

Probably Powerslave. When I heard Back in the Village I had to learn it and play it.

I love SIT as well, the use of guitar synth was alright.

I saw both tours so they're sentimental albums to me
Somewhere in Time has a unique sound. It's one of my favourite Maiden albums as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back