The best excuses for missing work at last minute

You have a shitty job if you can't just say you're sick.

Tell the boss you have the shits. Its equally effective and awkward.

In Wisconsin we would automatically assume you were drinking and hungover but almost everyone in Wisconsin is hungover.

There's some weird dynamic going on where people feel a loyalty and obligation to their employer when the employer does not return that same loyalty.

I see people worried about giving "2 weeks notice" before quitting so as not to screw over the employer...... the truth is that when that same employer decides your services are no longer needed.... they bounce you out that day. They don't give you "2 weeks notice" to give you a chance.

If you don't want to go to work that day, you don't owe or need an "excuse".... your responsibility ends at "I'm not coming in today"

There's nothing else they need to know

Again, hangover!

I constantly slip in little things in conversations with my bosses how much I don't like alcohol and how I despise drugs and drug addicts. I pretend to be as square as possible. They pretty much believe anything I tell them.

They would never assume I was hungover or cracked out.

There's some weird dynamic going on where people feel a loyalty and obligation to their employer when the employer does not return that same loyalty.

I see people worried about giving "2 weeks notice" before quitting so as not to screw over the employer...... the truth is that when that same employer decides your services are no longer needed.... they bounce you out that day. They don't give you "2 weeks notice" to give you a chance.

If you don't want to go to work that day, you don't owe or need an "excuse".... your responsibility ends at "I'm not coming in today"

There's nothing else they need to know

I don't think we'd ever lay someone off without giving them at least 2 weeks severance pay. Firing for doing something wrong is a different story.

I don't think we'd ever lay someone off without giving them at least 2 weeks severance pay. Firing for doing something wrong is a different story.

I worked as an electrician for 15 years..... when it's layoff time, they drop the hammer, hand you your paycheck, and you're done that day

You have a shitty job if you can't just say you're sick.

Yeah, I don't even need to speak to my boss. I usually just leave a msg on her work telephone or email.

Off topic - funny thing we used to do when we were young and actually called in because we were hungover or coming off some hallucinagins. While our friend was in the middle of the phone call, we let big loud farts rip away in the background. Always good for a laugh, especially when your friend is trying to keep it together during the phone call.

I'm a diabetic so I got a no fail 100% plausible always works never questioned perfect last minute excuse
The kid wins again

Totally worth it right?

We need a little more creativity!Alien abduction?

I worked as an electrician for 15 years..... when it's layoff time, they drop the hammer, hand you your paycheck, and you're done that day

I'm not surprised in the trades industry. Even in factories around here they give a severance. Most white collar jobs are the same as well.

I've got a job interview.

A little competition can't hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back