The best excuses for missing work at last minute

cobrinski

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Good,not so good,bad,worst...,you need to take a day off,but don't have a good "material" anymore

What's your excuse?

I can't come in today,my legs have fallen asleep and they won't wake up

Vertigo is always a good solid one.

Why do you have to tell them what's wrong with you? Just say you're not feeling well. Most employers don't care to know the exact reason unless it's more than a day or two. Just give a notice.

I very rarely truly get sick but if I'm hungover and want to sleep in I just say I got a stomach bug or something...plus I have kids so they're always a good excuse...

I feel like it always sounds worse if you don't you try to give a thorough explanation, it sounds like you are lying. Just simply say you aren't feeling well

Tell the boss you have the shits. Its equally effective and awkward.

Migraine
Anxiety attack
You're a bum millennial
etc.
etc.

I'm a diabetic so I got a no fail 100% plausible always works never questioned perfect last minute excuse
The kid wins again

Tell them you were violently raped on the way to work and contracted AIDS.

Why do you have to tell them what's wrong with you? Just say you're not feeling well. Most employers don't care to know the exact reason unless it's more than a day or two. Just give a notice.

Imagine the TS calling up his boss "Yeah I threw up twice and have a fever of 101" lol

Stomachache. No one wants the details.

"Must of had some bad fish last night", usually works.

I had to return some videotapes.

it's a small company (family),
8,9 people.

Back