The ass-kissing of University professors

I wrote a paper in University once and because it didn't fit the liberal teachers warped ideology I failed the course, was drugged and raped by said teacher who chopped off the head of my pet unicorn as his cherry on top.

I had two profs I got high with on a semi regular basis. But that was friendly, they'd have failed me in a second if my grades were shit.
Same. We used to have them over for dinner and get pretty wasted. The shame was extra brutal when you didn't do well.

Nine of what happened? Was that a typo and you meant none of this happened? Here's the professor, who's apparently now a diversity officer at Cornell.

waller.jpg

Another photo of him, representing Cornell's "men and women of color network". He's the fat one, who asked me to play tennis with him 5 times, asked me to his office after class 10 times to tell me I'm a great guy and should meet his family, and said I'd get extra credit if I attend an AIDS march before failing me and claiming I never turned in assignments and cried when I asked for an arbiter to bring the disk with all the assignments completed with the dates they were completed and saved on the disk.

p.3.MOC_.2015_0509_010_select.jpg

I don't have the English paper anymore, cause it was floppy disk which is obsolete now, but it's probably in my mom's attic somewhere with my old computer.

You obviously still have feelings for him.

People really need to read instructor/course reviews
I've been blindsided by a shitty teacher only once in all my college years
Teacher reviews weren't ubiquitous a few years ago. I was still using limewire for music my freshman year and had to go to bestbuy and install my own ethernet port. Tough times. I actually didn't have internet at home when I made my sherdog account, I made it at work. Reliable online teacher reviews was a pretty tall order.

Teacher reviews weren't ubiquitous a few years ago. I was still using limewire for music my freshman year and had to go to bestbuy and install my own ethernet port. Tough times. I actually didn't have internet at home when I made my sherdog account, I made it at work. Reliable online teacher reviews was a pretty tall order.
My college has them available through your student account going back quite far

You obviously still have feelings for him.
I do, and they aren't positive ones.

Come to think of it, my German and Spanish professors also asked me to go home with them from bars in college, but at least they were women. I feel like my hair is going to start jumping ship any day now and the day has to be coming where I look like a catcher's mitt for not wearing sunscreen all these years, but it's possible I was more handsome than I thought in college.

ass kissing student would write essays based on the professor's bias and liberal opinions in order to get an 'A' on their midterm. That wasn't me. I challenge his opinion by presenting facts that challenge his opinion. That dumbass failed me on the midterm.

Herein lies your mistake.

Just write what he wants to hear, get your degree and leave. Those places are just a few years of your life. You never need them again.

My college has them available through your student account going back quite far
They were around, but it always like 2 or 3 reviews and not the reams of detailed information I'd imagine there is now. Now I can't even buy anything on Amazon without reading about 5-10 times "this product was fucked up and ruined my life".

They were around, but it always like 2 or 3 reviews and not the reams of detailed information I'd imagine there is now. Now I can't even buy anything on Amazon without reading about 5-10 times "this product was fucked up and ruined my life".
Maybe we just have a slightly more effective system than most or something. Any tenured professor has a permanent review record, and students dont get their grades back until weeks after the end of term unless they fill them out for every instructor.

Maybe we just have a slightly more effective system than most or something. Any tenured professor has a permanent review record, and students dont get their grades back until weeks after the end of term unless they fill them out for every instructor.

I don't think you want students forced to do anything because the students who don't want to do it will be pissed and write something random.

I teach at a university. It's an in person class, but I post all my handwritten notes, Powerpoints, and a video of every class online. My attendance policy is optional for two main reasons: 1) These kids are in college not nursery school and they should decide to come on their own, and 2), I don't want to force people to be there if they don't want to be there. I want kids to actually want to be there and pay attention...It's the same sort of idea with forced reviews.

I don't think you want students forced to do anything because the students who don't want to do it will be pissed and write something random.

I teach at a university. It's an in person class, but I post all my handwritten notes, Powerpoints, and a video of every class online. My attendance policy is optional for two main reasons: 1) These kids are in college not nursery school and they should decide to come on their own, and 2), I don't want to force people to be there if they don't want to be there. I want kids to actually want to be there and pay attention...It's the same sort of idea with forced reviews.
The reviews arent forced, you just get your grades back a couple weeks later if you dont turn them all in. It's made for a very robust course rating system imo.
And btw I agree with mandatory attendance being total ass. I think it should be optional for most classes, with the exception of discussion courses/sections. You can't have a discussion all by yourself, after all.

Are you in NZ? You guys might have a better system, but I think it's more that 10 years ago there wasn't that much on the internet. I don't have any reason to even look anymore, but I'm sure it's pages and pages now. Also tough to put much stock in the opinions of the bunch of 19 year olds.

Feel free to look the guy up I was talking about a few posts ago, his name is Tremayne Waller. Just now was the first time I even googled the guy, but evidently his credo in life is about his life not being in vain if he can help people out in life. Maybe he's recently picked that up, unless he thought making odd sexual advances toward an 18 year old kid and then bursting into tears and failing the kid with no explanation was somehow a favor to me. I'm not even that sure he'd have many bad reviews, cause it seemed to be just myself and my teammate who was in the class who took a pause to say "this is getting weird". The rest of them seemed to take the "get along to go along" approach.

Are you in NZ? You guys might have a better system, but I think it's more that 10 years ago there wasn't that much on the internet. I don't have any reason to even look anymore, but I'm sure it's pages and pages now. Also tough to put much stock in the opinions of the bunch of 19 year olds.

Feel free to look the guy up I was talking about a few posts ago, his name is Tremayne Waller. Just now was the first time I even googled the guy, but evidently his credo in life is about his life not being in vain if he can help people out in life. Maybe he's recently picked that up, unless he thought making odd sexual advances toward an 18 year old kid and then bursting into tears and failing the kid with no explanation was somehow a favor to me. I'm not even that sure he'd have many bad reviews, cause it seemed to be just myself and my teammate who was in the class who took a pause to say "this is getting weird". The rest of them seemed to take the "get along to go along" approach.
Nah i'm here in the good ol US of A
I never had an experience like that personally, but a friend of mine dropped a class a couple years ago because the teacher kept hitting on her, even going so far as to try and set up a dinner date (he was married, too).

Nah i'm here in the good ol US of A
I never had an experience like that personally, but a friend of mine dropped a class a couple years ago because the teacher kept hitting on her, even going so far as to try and set up a dinner date (he was married, too).
Of course he was. I'd guess a majority of liberal arts professors are probably mostly in it to manipulate young kids. BTW, I doubt this prof was 0-1, he prolly did it cause it worked on several chicks before.

Lucky for you, I suppose, that you didn't have anything like that, cause it's really hard to take your education seriously after such an absurd betrayal of confidence. I just phoned it in to get my degrees and pretty much just read my own books for education after that.

Of course he was. I'd guess a majority of liberal arts professors are probably mostly in it to manipulate young kids. BTW, I doubt this prof was 0-1, he prolly did it cause it worked on several chicks before.

Lucky for you, I suppose, that you didn't have anything like that, cause it's really hard to take your education seriously after such an absurd betrayal of confidence. I just phoned it in to get my degrees and pretty much just read my own books for education after that.
It was a business professor iirc, on the young side too. probably thought he was the shit or something.

It was a business professor iirc, on the young side too. probably thought he was the shit or something.
I'd hope he was on the young side. If it was a 70 year old guy trying to smash college chicks, that would make it a whole different story. I think the teachers trying to bang me were all in their early 30s, which made it fairly reasonable for the 2 women. I even think if I wasn't in the German teacher's class and she was just some chick at a bar, I prolly would have done it. My friend actually did bang her like a months later. Shit, found a picture of her too.

Ok, she looks psychotic in the picture, which undermines the rest of what I said, so let's just leave at calling her a decent 7.

I would never kiss a professor's ass. They have dirty asses because they sit in chairs all day.

Back