The ass-kissing of University professors

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Anyone else every experience this as a student? Some of my classmates always kissed ass of the professors and were super-duper friendly to them all the time. They even made "Professor [Smith] appreciation society" for some professors on facebook.

I feel like some tenured positions at universities for professors give them like "god like" status amongst their students. I feel like a kind of "cronyism" goes on, which is probably why university professors end up all being of the same far leftist type people, as they give those they like (or those who kiss the most ass) and hand up to attain these tenured positions.

Just a thought.

You've been to a University? :D

Did you know that people kiss the ass of people they want/need something from? Shocking I know.

If you're upset about this in college then you're should be catatonic in the workforce. And you probably should stay away from politics.

so you're jealous you haven't received the same from your students?

I had two profs I got high with on a semi regular basis. But that was friendly, they'd have failed me in a second if my grades were shit.

Anyone else every experience this as a student? Some of my classmates always kissed ass of the professors and were super-duper friendly to them all the time. They even made "Professor [Smith] appreciation society" for some professors on facebook.

I feel like some tenured positions at universities for professors give them like "god like" status amongst their students. I feel like a kind of "cronyism" goes on, which is probably why university professors end up all being of the same far leftist type people, as they give those they like (or those who kiss the most ass) and hand up to attain these tenured positions.

Just a thought.
The only other place these type of professors could work is for the government. Many but not all are just a bunch of over-educated, over-paid, union-loving liberals!

It's disgusting. I have never kissed any professors asses before. In fact, I posted recently about how I challenge a anthropology professor's point of view on the out of Africa theory. That idiot did not even know what he was saying. I can't believe universities hire these liberal boneheads. It's a joke.

Then in one of my history courses, any ass kissing student would write essays based on the professor's bias and liberal opinions in order to get an 'A' on their midterm. That wasn't me. I challenge his opinion by presenting facts that challenge his opinion. That dumbass failed me on the midterm.

The point is college professors would not last in the real world if not for these corruptions that elevate their statuses. It's sickening.

Yeah like some have stated... that's life. You're going to run into shameless brown-nosers wherever you go. But remember, a lot of the people in power who are getting their ass kissed recognize ass kissers for what they are and don't respect them. But of course a lot do eat it up.

Places can be cults, and not just with professors. Shit, look at PSU with Joe Paterno.

Did you know that people kiss the ass of people they want/need something from? Shocking I know.

If you're upset about this in college then you're should be catatonic in the workforce. And you probably should stay away from politics.

TS will be mindblown at his first job.

Christ. Wait until you get into corporate America - without shame, the doofi start cloning the boss' hair and clothing.

It's disgusting. I have never kissed any professors asses before. In fact, I posted recently about how I challenge a anthropology professor's point of view on the out of Africa theory. That idiot did not even know what he was saying. I can't believe universities hire these liberal boneheads. It's a joke.

Then in one of my history courses, any ass kissing student would write essays based on the professor's bias and liberal opinions in order to get an 'A' on their midterm. That wasn't me. I challenge his opinion by presenting facts that challenge his opinion. That dumbass failed me on the midterm.

The point is college professors would not last in the real world if not for these corruptions that elevate their statuses. It's sickening.

You seem very eloquent. I wonder why he failed you.

What a dumbass.

Let me get this straight. You managed a college education, but you're being pushed to your limits by the concept of favoritism, to the point that you conflate it with political ideology? How did you misspend the time when you were supposed to be figuring out basic things like this?

What's wrong with a _____ appreciation club?
I had some professors I really liked. They gave great lectures with lots of memorable anecdotes. It had nothing to with ass kissing, but was more about allowing people to pass down class stories between years.

You seem very eloquent. I wonder why he failed you.

What a dumbass.
I admit, I was young back then and did not know how to play by the rules.

My parents have always taught us that our family are winners. That every single member in our household was to do anything that they can to at least get a four year college degree and at the same time, never fall for liberal propaganda. If anyone of us kids did not attain at least a four year degree and/or started adapting liberal mindsets, we are consider failures and will be disown.

I saw that with my cousin. Her father, my uncle had that same mentality with his children. However, not only did my cousin drop out of college but she spiked her father by having a mulatto child out of wedlock just to anger him. I can see that it killed my uncle and he had to disown her. After nearly a decade later, he accepted her back and even learned to accept and love his grandson. In fact, his grandson was his life. My father confronted him on this calling him weak minded and cut ties with him just for this.

This point served as a lesson for us. My siblings and I never wanted to disappoint my father. That was our goal. As a twenty year old undergrad, I thought that I could still pass courses if I contradict the professor's opinions as long as I back up my claims with evidence. That backfired. I learned a valuable lesson that day. That lesson was to play by the rules in order to pass courses. That day on, I did just that even though I do not believe in it. It bothers me greatly that I have to write essays about how hard it was for the American southeast slaves to live day by day even though I knew they had agency and can dictate their lives more freely. It made me sick to my stomach that I have to contradict my opinions on essays throughout college. For a republican, if you have to contradict your views by writing from a viewpoint of a liberal, that is unbelievably hard to do. That is like having rabies.

Sounds legit

Back